PDA

View Full Version : Will old threads (on PE 3.0) be archived?

sonic
11-09-2012, 08:15 AM
...or will they be deleted after a period of time?
Just wondering what the consensus is on this now.

Trane
11-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Generally with this kind of platform, threads are archived...

But in some cases, the archives become so heavy to stock that the older threads are locked... or else a periodical cleaning of useless k-joke threads can be in order

But let the admins figure it out...

Scott Bails
11-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Assuming you're talking about the old forum, my guess would be no. They aren't archived now, and I doubt that would change.

And that's a shame, IMO.

Trane
11-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Assuming you're talking about the old forum, my guess would be no. They aren't archived now, and I doubt that would change.

And that's a shame, IMO.

I think he meant about the threads here on 3.0

sonic
11-09-2012, 08:25 AM

And that's a shame, IMO.
I was actually talking about PE3.0, but you raise a good point.

sonic
11-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Generally with this kind of platform, threads are archived...

But in some cases, the archives become so heavy to stock that the older threads are locked... or else a periodical cleaning of useless k-joke threads can be in order

But let the admins figure it out...
I read that admin were deliberating this issue so it could go either way. In some ways I like the old style of 'out with the old'. That way you can start up a new conversation without being burdened by what people have said in the past.

Scott Bails
11-09-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm on a couple forums that don't get rid of anything (no idea how they manage that), and I definitely prefer it to losing posts.

Trane
11-09-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm on a couple forums that don't get rid of anything (no idea how they manage that), and I definitely prefer it to losing posts.

Well, I'm on ProgArchives that doesn't get rid of anything (that's probably due to the Archives part in the name).... space does become an issue after a while... But there is so much junk on that forum's archives that easily half could be axed without any problem...

Duncan Glenday
11-09-2012, 02:48 PM
It's an ongoing debate that the mods are working on.

There are good arguments both ways, and a few different ways of handling them...

Now - where's that WALLY thread :huh

sonic
01-22-2013, 12:04 AM
So, what's the consensus?