PDA

View Full Version : Cool Guitar Lesson!

No Pride
12-30-2013, 04:08 PM
If you never heard of him, (country and jazz guitar player) Scotty Anderson is about to prove that he's a bad mofo. But better yet, he'll show you how he plays some of his nifty ideas. Somebody emailed this to me this morning. I've got to learn some of this stuff! There's a bunch of things I never would've come up with on my own. Yeah, there's also a bunch of things that I'll never be able to play, but that's besides the point! Just thought I'd share with my fellow guitar players here at PE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bcTju0HfD8

12-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Very cool! Thanks, Ernie!

Guitarplyrjvb
12-30-2013, 05:16 PM
Oh. That clears up how to play lightning-fast double stops! I think I'll stop playing guitar for a while and maybe do something easier like cold fusion!

Classic Progressive
01-02-2014, 02:13 PM
That was fun... reminds me of how much I don't know.

No Pride
01-02-2014, 03:02 PM
That was fun... reminds me of how much I don't know.
Same here, and that's the main reason I dig it! I think it's true that the more you know, the more you realize you don't know. Life's too short to absorb everything that intrigues you, but there's always time to expand your knowledge a little. I loved his approach to chromatic ideas within basically diatonic harmonies, among many other things. I'll never learn everything he's offering, but if I can pick up a few of his ideas and turn them into something I can utilize, it'll be well worth the effort.

nosebone
01-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Thar's a whippersnapper for ya! :up