PDA

View Full Version : Rush in American Dad

JKL2000
12-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Watched an episode of this last night that featured some of what I think was 2112 (maybe it was FTK or Hemispheres?), and a building shown a few times had the number 2112, so obviously some Rush fandom from the creators. But at the end of the show there was a longish air-guitar scene with a slow guitar solo - who was that doing that solo? Sounded somewhat familiar.

JIF
12-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Watched an episode of this last night that featured some of what I think was 2112 (maybe it was FTK or Hemispheres?), and a building shown a few times had the number 2112, so obviously some Rush fandom from the creators. But at the end of the show there was a longish air-guitar scene with a slow guitar solo - who was that doing that solo? Sounded somewhat familiar.You think it was 2112? You think it was 2112? Are you a Rush fan? It definitely was the epic title track to Rush's breakout release. I was going to start a thread about this. I guess great minds think alike.

Gravedigger
12-03-2012, 06:21 PM
The slower piece at the end was a Joe Satriani tune from the Surfing With The Alien album...
...can't remember the title, though.

JIF
12-03-2012, 07:02 PM
The slower piece at the end was a Joe Satriani tune from the Surfing With The Alien album...
...can't remember the title, though.Always With Me, Always With You.

JKL2000
12-04-2012, 09:42 AM
...can't remember the title, though.

Funny, I've never heard that album, and actually heard very little Satriani, but that's probably the album I would have have guessed the track was from. Thanks!