Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: iPod Classic, R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    I have a 256 gig card in my Sony Walkman. And I carry around a couple others, all full of music. Call me crazy.
    Which model is this?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Which model is this?
    NWZ-A17
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

NWZ-A17
    Sweet, I'll check it out.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

My Ipod Classic just bit the dust. Not sure what happened, but I was synching it with some new stuff I had burned onto my computer from CD's and it froze with the apple logo on the screen. I have tried everything I can think of to make it work again, but no luck. I had around 13,000 songs on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    My Ipod Classic just bit the dust. Not sure what happened, but I was synching it with some new stuff I had burned onto my computer from CD's and it froze with the apple logo on the screen. I have tried everything I can think of to make it work again, but no luck. I had around 13,000 songs on it.
    Is it still under warranty? Something like that happened to mine a long time ago, but when I called Apple Support they were able to get it working again.

If not, it might be worth checking on the Apple forums for some guidance (assuming you haven't already).

I hope you're able to get it resolved!

One trick is holding down play and the centre button simultaneously for a few seconds; might force it to restart.

As with many computer things, restarting is my first step (hold the menu & center button together for a few seconds). There was one time when that wouldn't work and it was completely frozen showing the logo. Once the battery ran down, I plugged it into the PC and then it started ok again.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    This earlier month I took advantage of the "battery replacement" services Apple is still offering for the iPod classic. It costs about $170, but essentially, they swapped mine out with a reconditioned one (it looks new, but I am assuming it is reconditioned, anyway). I got the new pod within a few days, and things appear to be working just fine.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Is it still under warranty? Something like that happened to mine a long time ago, but when I called Apple Support they were able to get it working again.

If not, it might be worth checking on the Apple forums for some guidance (assuming you haven't already).

I hope you're able to get it resolved!
    I have had it for years so no warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    One trick is holding down play and the centre button simultaneously for a few seconds; might force it to restart.
    Yup, tried that with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    This earlier month I took advantage of the "battery replacement" services Apple is still offering for the iPod classic. It costs about $170, but essentially, they swapped mine out with a reconditioned one (it looks new, but I am assuming it is reconditioned, anyway). I got the new pod within a few days, and things appear to be working just fine.
    Mmm.......my have to look into that.

Yup, tried that with no luck.
    Do youtube/google searches for the problem/solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Do youtube/google searches for the problem/solution.
    Yup, did that too. The main thing they suggest is holding the menu and center buttton to reset, but that is not having any impact.

Yup, did that too. The main thing they suggest is holding the menu and center buttton to reset, but that is not having any impact.
    If you're going to do the battery replacement, might want to check on getting that thing turbo'd with a solid state drive.

Don’t you have to flip the switch back and forth on top Before holding the buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Don’t you have to flip the switch back and forth on top Before holding the buttons?
    Yup, tried that too.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    I have a spare classic just in case
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    I also have an electrical engineer brother in law
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

NWZ-A17
    This does not support gapless playback though does it?

I am struggling to find a reasonably priced player which has lots of room for more memory and supports gapless playback.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    My 80 Gig one works great. I'll be very sorry when it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    This does not support gapless playback though does it?

I am struggling to find a reasonably priced player which has lots of room for more memory and supports gapless playback.
    Mmmmm....now that you mention it, I am not sure. I have noticed little blips for sure, in multi-part suites, etc. But they're pretty quick blips......
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

I shun Apple devices. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 with a 200GB SD card. It's loaded with 430 albums (320kbps MP3), and it's only 25% full. Bluetooth in the car, and bluetooth over-the-ear noise cancelling headphones lets me listen wirelessly anywhere (although I do use wired, can't-lose-'em, ear buds for sleeping). Running PowerAmp (Pro) as the player app. Easy USB connectivity for loading and managing music, and I can replace my own battery, thank you very much.

BTW.....I ended up ordering a "new" IPOD Classic from Amazon. I assume it was probably used, but is in a lot better shape than my old one was and it works great.

BTW.....I ended up ordering a "new" IPOD Classic from Amazon. I assume it was probably used, but is in a lot better shape than my old one was and it works great.
    How much and what is the size?

In the end I have opted for a xDuoo X3. I can stick two 128gb memory cards in it and hey presto, problem solved.