Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: iPod Classic, R.I.P.

I am always on the hunt for the latest and finest music players for computer but I keep coming back to my old faves: Windows Media Player and JRiver Media Jukebox. Those are the only two that recognize the majority of my lossless audio files without a lot of fussing with tags, especially WMP. JRiver does seem to have slightly superior sound but WMP sets up playlists the easiest so I often set up a playlist on WMP to play on JRiver. I have a lot of live shows or old files that just weren't tagged that well whenever they were ripped. Whenever I bring in a new media player, like Foobar or Plex, it recognizes maybe half of the stuff.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Windows Media Player entered my sh!tlist when they "upgraded" it to no longer support playing DVDs, but I begrudgingly still use it.

I think my 160GB Ipod Classic is finally dying on me. It will no longer take a charge and is almost dead. This thing has served me well over the years and I still use it all the time.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Sorry for not going back through this long thread...but...

Has anything come out as a suitable substitute for the Ipod? ie a device just meant for making large amounts of music easily portable? (I suppose something that is always compatible with itunes as I still use it for normal computer listening)
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

My iPod Classic (160GB) is still going but a while back I wondered if it was on its way out. It behaves a little oddly now and then and it definitely seems to struggle with displaying the correct album art and battery charge level.

In anticipation of its inevitable demise one day, I took the opportunity when replacing my phone to choose one that was capable of using a 256GB SD card. It was a pain in the butt to copy all my music off the iPod* (mp3 format) and onto the card but the phone is now set up with most of my music library (I'm still updating the iPod with new stuff while it's still going) and I use an app called Poweramp which is pretty good and seemed to get good reviews. I'm still using the iPod as my primary with the phone (Oppo A54 5G) being the backup when I don't time the iPod charging carefully enough.

* I managed to f*ck up a section of my iTunes library with a mis-type while renaming an album.
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I bought a custom 560GB Classic iPod from Etsy, it's been excellent

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PiratePTiPods
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post

I had no idea such a thing existed. Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post

Ooh, I may take advantage of this as well! Now to find someone that can replace the battery in my beloved iPod Nano. (Surprisingly my 1st gen iPod Shuffle still works!)