Page 331 of 336 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,275 of 8382

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I binged 7 seasons of American Horror Story last fall as I had missed out on it over the years. I really liked a lot of it but it was serious burnout factor after so much in such a short space of time... even though it's a different story every season. I do like the cast though and maybe by the time October rolls around this year, I'll be ready for some more.
    I have watched it since the beginning. I have always liked the way they use an ensemble cast to play different characters every year. The show has been pretty inconsistent though. I have loved some seasons, but some have not been great too.

Beef – Netflix: I remember at last year’s Emmy awards this show was nominated for just about everything and won in several categories including Best Limited Series, Steven Yeun best actor and Ali Wong best actress. I had been meaning to check it out and finally did. The show is only 10 episodes around 30 minute each, so I binged this in 2 days. The premise of the show is two people are involved in a road rage incident and their lives spiral out of control from there. The acting is outstanding and I can understand why Yeun and Wong won their awards. The writing is great too. Beef was certainly unique and like nothing I have ever seen before. There were a few spots where it went a bit over the top, but for the most part I really enjoyed it.

4.5 out of 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Beef...

4.5 out of 5 stars.
    I've had this on my watch list for quite some time but haven't been motivated to pull the trigger. Definitely going to the top of the list, now.

BTW, Steve, something about the description of that show reminded me of a movie called Catfight, with Sandra Oh and Anne Heche. I mentioned in this thread it a few years ago and this is what I said:

Sandra Oh and Anne Heche star as two former college friends who become bitter enemies. It's worth a look as there is quite a bit of dark humor in it, especially once the two women start actually fighting. Oh & Heche are both really good in it.

I don't remember much about it other than it made me laugh quite a bit.

I think it's on Netflix.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I've had this on my watch list for quite some time but haven't been motivated to pull the trigger. Definitely going to the top of the list, now.

BTW, Steve, something about the description of that show reminded me of a movie called Catfight, with Sandra Oh and Anne Heche. I mentioned in this thread it a few years ago and this is what I said:

Sandra Oh and Anne Heche star as two former college friends who become bitter enemies. It's worth a look as there is quite a bit of dark humor in it, especially once the two women start actually fighting. Oh & Heche are both really good in it.

I don't remember much about it other than it made me laugh quite a bit.

I think it's on Netflix.
    I have seen Catfight, but it has been a while and I don’t remember that much about it.

If you watch Beef I will be interested to hear what you think of it.

Extroadinary is definitely a quirky comedy and worth watching. It gets better in episode 2 and on
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

If you watch Beef I will be interested to hear what you think of it.
    I've seen 2+ episodes (fell asleep during the third) and am really enjoying it, so far, and have laughed quite a few times, which were all the dark comedy bits. Wong and Yeun are great.

The big plus, for me, is that Ashley Park is in it, too. This is her, btw:

“From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I've seen 2+ episodes (fell asleep during the third) and am really enjoying it, so far, and have laughed quite a few times, which were all the dark comedy bits. Wong and Yeun are great.

The big plus, for me, is that Ashley Park is in it, too. This is her, btw:

Yes, it does have quite a bit of dark comedy to it for sure. Park was great in her role too.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    She looks a lot like my wife (who is older). And prettier to me!

beauty_17.jpg
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    She looks a lot like my wife (who is older). And prettier to me!

beauty_17.jpg
    Wow, agree. Definitely a similar look.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Wow, agree. Definitely a similar look.
    Thanks, Steve. I consider myself pretty lucky!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I do, too!

But WTH is it with all these guys with these hot Asian wives??? There are three here at PE and I know another guy on Facebook with one, as well.

Hal (<– that's me being green with envy)

You should!

But WTH is it with all these guys with these hot Asian wives???
    I'm convinced it's just luck.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I'm convinced it's just luck.

Yes, in your case I agree.

New season coming June 13:

Yes, in your case I agree.
    I knew you would!
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I knew you would!
    You know I was just joking. After all, I've seen videos of you playing bass and I can see how you'd be a chick magnet.

You know I was just joking. After all, I've seen videos of you playing bass and I can see how you'd be a chick magnet.
    <sig out of order>

We've enjoyed the first two episodes of Hacks season 3, very happy to have that returned as it is very funny and very well written (they now have Carol Leifer onboard the writing team, very funny lady). We are also binging the excellent Ripley which we'll definitely finish today. That's beautifully filmed, directed, and acted. Probably going to move on to the new season of Guilt after, since that's now back.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

We've enjoyed the first two episodes of Hacks season 3, very happy to have that returned as it is very funny and very well written (they now have Carol Leifer onboard the writing team, very funny lady). We are also binging the excellent Ripley which we'll definitely finish today. That's beautifully filmed, directed, and acted. Probably going to move on to the new season of Guilt after, since that's now back.
    We watched the first two seasons of Hacks and plan on watching the new season once we finish what we are currently watching.

Loved that series and looking forward to the new episodes!
    <sig out of order>

We've enjoyed the first two episodes of Hacks season 3, very happy to have that returned as it is very funny and very well written (they now have Carol Leifer onboard the writing team, very funny lady).
    I remember seeing her in the '80s as a standup comic and then, later, as a writer on Seinfeld.

Ghosts Season 3 – CBS: I don’t watch much network TV these days, but my wife and I both enjoy Ghosts. It is a fun and usually funny half-hour show with a great cast and good writing. Season 3 was another good one.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Iger said Disney's crackdown on password sharing will begin next month in select markets with a more global launch slated for September.