Page 332 of 336 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336 LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 8383

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Iger said Disney's crackdown on password sharing will begin next month in select markets with a more global launch slated for September.

I posted a few years ago that Disney had a family plan that cost $5 or $6 and let you have as many as five or six people streaming simultaneously.

So what changed?

Greed. They're just a bunch of greedy motherfuckers.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Greed. They're just a bunch of greedy motherfuckers.
    But they've also "supposedly" had a downturn with their stock/company. This seems to be guiding force with most of companies today. As you said, greed.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Beef – Netflix: I remember at last year’s Emmy awards this show was nominated for just about everything and won in several categories including Best Limited Series, Steven Yeun best actor and Ali Wong best actress. I had been meaning to check it out and finally did. The show is only 10 episodes around 30 minute each, so I binged this in 2 days. The premise of the show is two people are involved in a road rage incident and their lives spiral out of control from there. The acting is outstanding and I can understand why Yeun and Wong won their awards. The writing is great too. Beef was certainly unique and like nothing I have ever seen before. There were a few spots where it went a bit over the top, but for the most part I really enjoyed it.

4.5 out of 5 stars.
    I liked it quite a bit but I'd say 4/5 stars, at most.

I didn't think there were any spots that were over the top, exactly. But I think I know what you mean and I found those moments amusing (e.g. how Maria Bello died).

My reservation is more about subplots or tangents that slowed down the story. Maybe that's how the novel was, too, I don't know. And while that sort of thing usually works in a novel, in a show or movie it can feel like filler.

Still, I thought the writing was good, overall, the direction was pretty spot on, and the acting was great, especially by the two leads (more so Steven Yuen). There is a lot of subtlety and nuance to this show you wouldn't expect, in both the writing and acting.

The big plus for me was that I liked how it ended. It was damn near perfect.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I liked it quite a bit but I'd say 4/5 stars, at most.

I didn't think there were any spots that were over the top, exactly. But I think I know what you mean and I found those moments amusing (e.g. how Maria Bello died).

My reservation is more about subplots or tangents that slowed down the story. Maybe that's how the novel was, too, I don't know. And while that sort of thing usually works in a novel, in a show or movie it can feel like filler.

Still, I thought the writing was good, overall, the direction was pretty spot on, and the acting was great, especially by the two leads (more so Steven Yuen). There is a lot of subtlety and nuance to this show you wouldn't expect, in both the writing and acting.

The big plus for me was that I liked how it ended. It was damn near perfect.
    Agree with you about the subplots. It probably could have been about 8 episodes and been a better overall show.

Finished Baby Reindeer last night. I don't know what to think of it. It's a very professional production (i.e. good direction, writing, acting, etc) and is quite engrossing. I just don't know how much I liked the story. I get how the protagonist, Donny, is non-confrontational and empathetic but I found that a bit frustrating. He's not a protagonist you feel compelled to root for.

And I could've done without E4, the one with the producer/groomer/rapist Darrien, altho that backstory is essential to Donny's epic breakdown in E6. It's just that episode felt too long (ironic given a half hour run time) because it reminded me a bit of Requiem for a Dream and I don't like being subjected to humanity's nadir when there's no irony or humor involved.

And then, of course, is how the whole thing ended, which I wasn't thrilled by.

One of the genres it's listed as is black comedy, but there was very little of that. Had there been more, I might've enjoyed it more.

We've just gotten past that episode of Baby Reindeer and I found it one of the most disturbing episodes of TV I've seen in a while and we just watched all three seasons of The Fall.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Finished Baby Reindeer last night. I don't know what to think of it. It's a very professional production (i.e. good direction, writing, acting, etc) and is quite engrossing. I just don't know how much I liked the story. I get how the protagonist, Donny, is non-confrontational and empathetic but I found that a bit frustrating. He's not a protagonist you feel compelled to root for.

And I could've done without E4, the one with the producer/groomer/rapist Darrien, altho that backstory is essential to Donny's epic breakdown in E6. It's just that episode felt too long (ironic given a half hour run time) because it reminded me a bit of Requiem for a Dream and I don't like being subjected to humanity's nadir when there's no irony or humor involved.

And then, of course, is how the whole thing ended, which I wasn't thrilled by.

One of the genres it's listed as is black comedy, but there was very little of that. Had there been more, I might've enjoyed it more.
    It is going to be interesting now that a woman has come forward claiming to the real-life Martha saying that most of the show was made up. Gadd and Netflix say they have plenty of evidence that the story is real. I see lawsuits in the future…….

I started re-watching Wednesday the other night, primarily for one reason: Jenna Ortega. I don't know if this is an example of great acting on her part or great casting but I am completely enthralled with her portrayal. It doesn't hurt she's hot! It also doesn't hurt they give her all the best lines.

Man, I love this show.

I started re-watching Wednesday the other night, primarily for one reason: Jenna Ortega. I don't know if this is an example of great acting on her part or great casting but I am completely enthralled with her portrayal. It doesn't hurt she's hot! It also doesn't hurt they give her all the best lines.

Man, I love this show.
    I had a few problems with the show, but Ortega is amazing and I enjoyed it for the most part. I believe a new season is coming soon as I have started to see stuff around on the internet.

The new season is in production. Ortega has axed the romances of last season, this is all about murder, mysteries, and mayhem.

https://nerdist.com/article/wednesda...stopher-lloyd/
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    The new season is in production. Ortega has axed the romances of last season, this is all about murder, mysteries, and mayhem.

https://nerdist.com/article/wednesda...stopher-lloyd/
    Definitely sounds promising!

I thought Wednesday was a lot of fun and am definitely in for season 2.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I wonder what they'll have Christopher Lloyd doing, since they already have a Fester...
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Just finished Shogun. That shit was great.

Only Murders In The Building Seasons 1-3 – Hulu: I have been curious about this show for a while now and we finally decided to watch all 3 seasons. I grew up with Steve Martin and Martin Short and I still find them both to be funny. Only Murders is a basic murder mystery, but it is elevated by the excellent cast. Selina Gomez is the 3rd member of the main trio and also does a nice job. I like the way that they sometimes have a show within the show using the podcast and the theatrical production in season 3 to sometimes make fun of the Murders show and actors themselves. Overall, I found this to be a fun enjoyable watch and looking forward to season 4 which is coming later this year.

4 out of 5 stars.

The Expanse. I started this when it was first released but it didn't click with me, right away, and I gave up on it. I meant to get back to it and finally did. So, why the hell did I wait so long?????

Man, this show is so good!

And it doesn't hurt that Dominique Tipper and Athena Karkanis are in it.

Dominique and her gorgeous smile:

Athena (I really have a thing for Greek women):

Just watched the first episode of "Silo" on Apple. OK, I have to see where this is going. So far so good.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

The Expanse. I started this when it was first released but it didn't click with me, right away, and I gave up on it. I meant to get back to it and finally did. So, why the hell did I wait so long?????

Man, this show is so good!

And it doesn't hurt that Dominique Tipper and Athena Karkanis are in it.

Dominique and her gorgeous smile:

Athena (I really have a thing for Greek women):

Beltalowda!

Disclaimer: I have the last two seasons to watch. Too many shows, too little time. As I have said before, this is the real stuff that you don't see often on TV or film. Plausible science fiction. No explosions in space or any of the other cliches. The warfare tactics are what really would work out there.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Just watched the first episode of "Silo" on Apple. OK, I have to see where this is going. So far so good.
    Loved Silo! Big fan of Rebecca Ferguson. I am not a fan of Common, however. But still, can't wait for the 2nd season and where it goes.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Jumped on Prime to see if there was any series I may want to start and to my surprise there's a new season of Outer Range! I really enjoyed the 1st season even though it took a while to get going. Watched the first 2 episodes last night. So far so good...mysterious...

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Jumped on Prime to see if there was any series I may want to start and to my surprise there's a new season of Outer Range! I really enjoyed the 1st season even though it took a while to get going. Watched the first 2 episodes last night. So far so good...mysterious...
    I'm gonna hit the season 2 finale of Outer Range tonight, after the latest episode of The Sympathizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    I'm gonna hit the season 2 finale of Outer Range tonight, after the latest episode of The Sympathizer.
    Curious as to what you think. I'm 4 episodes in and liking it a lot so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Curious as to what you think. I'm 4 episodes in and liking it a lot so far.
    I really liked it. Probably more than the first season. Hoping it gets renewed for at least one more.

New season of "Interview With A Vampire" on AMC is knocking it out of the park again 2 episodes in.

I am deep in Season Three of Vikings on Netflix.
    Season three episode 8--when they attack Paris--is one of the most amazing battle sequences filmed, IMO.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."