Page 340 of 340 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340
Results 8,476 to 8,496 of 8496

Thread: Current fav US TV series

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    I dug both the original and Valhalla series, myself. Also watched them after the Last Kingdom.
    That period of history, and that area of the world, are a fascination of mine.
    It is fascinating stuff.

Re: Any thoughts on the Emmy winners last night?

Was Fallout ever a contender for anything? I enjoyed that series. I did like Baby Reindeer too. It was short, but really drew me in. Many hated it, I guess due to the sexuality/drugs or whatever in the show. I enjoyed watching Fargo too. I'd been meaning to watch Shogun, as a friend recommended it as well. So far I haven't though.

I'm curious about the Speilberg series, Masters of the Air too. I enjoyed Silo too. I can't remember if that came out this year, last year, or whenever. I'm always behind in watching movies, shows, and such. I'd heard Severance was good too. I saw a few episodes of that, but didn't stick with it. I enjoyed Three Body Problem too, the Americanized version.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Re: Any thoughts on the Emmy winners last night?

Was Fallout ever a contender for anything? I enjoyed that series. I did like Baby Reindeer too. It was short, but really drew me in. Many hated it, I guess due to the sexuality/drugs or whatever in the show. I enjoyed watching Fargo too. I'd been meaning to watch Shogun, as a friend recommended it as well. So far I haven't though.

I'm curious about the Speilberg series, Masters of the Air too. I enjoyed Silo too. I can't remember if that came out this year, last year, or whenever. I'm always behind in watching movies, shows, and such. I'd heard Severance was good too. I saw a few episodes of that, but didn't stick with it. I enjoyed Three Body Problem too, the Americanized version.
    "Fallout" was nominated for 3 Emmy's:

Outstanding Drama Series
    Writing For Drama Series
    Lead Actor - Walter Goggins

I thought Goggins was amazing as he always is and enjoyed the show a lot, but it did not win anything.

Please watch KAOS on Netflix. I loved it and I need a season 2.

I watched the first two episodes of Agatha All Along on Disney+ today. If you watched and enjoyed Wandavision from a few years ago, then this will be right up your alley. The cast is fantastic. Oh, and props to Kathryn Hahn for being down with the brief nude scene, only the second in Marvel films/TV. It's not a sex scene, it's totally in character to do it. Pretty nice buns for someone over 50.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Moribund2 View Post
    Please watch KAOS on Netflix. I loved it and I need a season 2.
    Not that I have access to Netflix, but the only way I would watch a show called KAOS would be if KAOS was a spy organization fighting against an organization called CONTROL.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Not that I have access to Netflix, but the only way I would watch a show called KAOS would be if KAOS was a spy organization fighting against an organization called CONTROL.
    Ditto

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    We've started watching Bookie on MAX, which I happened to notice recently and pointed it out to my wife who's a fan of its star, standup comedian Sebastian Maniscalco.

It's kind of like a buddy cop movie, except instead of cops, the main characters are a bookie and his muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Ditto
    Ahhhh, the old "Ditto" trick...
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

For those of you who subscribe to MGM+, take notice:

The new season of From premiered last Sunday.

Based on Michael Connelly's podcast, The Wonderland Massacre & The Secret History Of Hollywood is a four part, true crime miniseries with MC as interviewer and narrator. I binged the first three episodes yesterday. The final airs this Sunday. Good show!

When I couldn't finish the Wonderland Massacre show, I went in search of something to watch and checked out Deep State, starring Mark Strong as a former MI6 agent "recruited" out of retirement to take care of a problem in Beirut. If you like espionage thrillers, like MGM+'s Condor, or the movie Three Days of the Condor, for that matter, you'll like this one. Good show, so far! There are two seasons, with the second starring Walt Goggins of Justified fame.
    “The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Ahhhh, the old "Ditto" trick...
    Or as Maxwell Smart would say: "Of course! The old respond to an online forum comment trick!"
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Watched this new 5-part documentary on Netflix. I was pretty into wrestling for a while back in the 80’s and 90’s and found this to be quite interesting. I was subscriber to Dave Metzler’s “Wrestling Observer Newsletter” for years and he is interviewed extensively for this documentary. McMahon has always been a controversial figure. As a human being he may be a scumbag (depending on who you ask), but as a businessman he is one of a kind. Almost a modern day P.T. Barnham. Most of the interviews were conducted prior to the latest scandal that took place earlier this year, but the events are covered in the documentary. If you are at all interested in the world of sports entertainment you might find this one interesting.

Last night on PBS I watched the first part of Voces: American Historia about Latino history, culture, and so forth. I found it pretty interesting. It went into Inca, Mayan, and other early cultures, Columbus and why he's demonized more or less today, why schools don't discuss both sides of cultures, and other things. All in all I look forward to the 2nd episode.
    Last edited by hippypants; 3 Days Ago at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    Last night on PBS I watched the first part of Voces: American Historia about Latino history, culture, and so forth. I found it pretty interesting. I went into Inca, Mayan, and other early cultures, Columbus and why he's demonized more or less today, why schools don't discuss both sides of cultures, and other things. All in all I look forward to the 2nd episode.
    That sounds right up my alley. Will have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

^^ That series is based on John Leguizamo's one man show.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Netflix , series , Nobody Wants That , a romcom with Kristen Bell. Watched with wife based on a favorable NYT review , and Bell is hot. But , this begs the answer to the following , has Bell had her lips puffed up via injection ala Meg Ryan? This question and my attention to Kristen's potentially artificial lip profile , rivaled the appreciation of a smart script , fun characters . Please watch this and share your opinion , is Kristian fake puffy? I must have resolution for a shot at mental peace.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Netflix , series , Nobody Wants That , a romcom with Kristen Bell. Watched with wife based on a favorable NYT review , and Bell is hot. But , this begs the answer to the following , has Bell had her lips puffed up via injection ala Meg Ryan? This question and my attention to Kristen's potentially artificial lip profile , rivaled the appreciation of a smart script , fun characters . Please watch this and share your opinion , is Kristian fake puffy? I must have resolution for a shot at mental peace.
    I have not seen the movie, but looked at some recent pictures of her. It is hard to tell. She looks like she may have had some work done, but she has always had a lot of natural beauty, so not sure from the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    But , this begs the answer to the following , has Bell had her lips puffed up via injection ala Meg Ryan? This question and my attention to Kristen's potentially artificial lip profile , rivaled the appreciation of a smart script , fun characters . Please watch this and share your opinion , is Kristian fake puffy? I must have resolution for a shot at mental peace.

I looked at a still from the movie (which is Nobody Wants This, btw) and a photo of her from a few years ago. Her face looks less wrinkly but she denies she's had work done. Besides, even if she has, it appears it's only Botox, which isn't permanent. BTW, you're on the cutting edge of Hollywood gossip: https://thedirect.com/article/kriste...ody-wants-this

Incidentally, I thought she was great in The Good Place, but have you seen the Netflix miniseries The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window?

Never mind. I just searched this thread and I see you have.
    “The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I have not seen the movie, but looked at some recent pictures of her. It is hard to tell. She looks like she may have had some work done, but she has always had a lot of natural beauty, so not sure from the pictures.
    Not a movie , an episodic series

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post

I looked at a still from the movie (which is Nobody Wants This, btw) and a photo of her from a few years ago. Her face looks less wrinkly but she denies she's had work done. Besides, even if she has, it appears it's only Botox, which isn't permanent. BTW, you're on the cutting edge of Hollywood gossip: https://thedirect.com/article/kriste...ody-wants-this

Incidentally, I thought she was great in The Good Place, but have you seen the Netflix miniseries The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window?

Never mind. I just searched this thread and I see you have.
    Nobody Wants This/That , semantics. Do not allow this / that divirt us from the primary purpose , are her lips artificially inflated? The skin is immaterial , it's the lips that are of primary importance.

Possibly. But if she has had Botox in her lips, it wasn't very much at all. At least they aren't like this:

BTW, I knew a guy whose lips would swell up worse than that after eating a Snickers. He was allergic to peanuts but he just couldn't stay away from those Snickers.