Thread: Inner Ear Brigade - Rainbro

Inner Ear Brigade - Rainbro

https://innerearbrigade.bandcamp.com/

Been really enjoying the hell out of this album. Lots of influences going on. Stereolab comes to mind fast but then you realize its much more than that. Dig it.

Yeah, I played this a lot when it came out. I think its a lovely album.
    Totally agree about the strong Stereolab vibe. It's has a sort of Canterbury sensibility, composition-wise, but with that space age, batchelor pad sound of Stereolab.
    Really my kinda pop.
    I'm going to listen again right now!
    Last edited by Kavus Torabi; 02-21-2015 at 05:19 AM.

Took me a few spins to get into this one, but I revisited it recently and was pleased how much I enjoyed it.

Bill

I wish I could tag people in posts here because Bill Wolter was my roommate for many years!

Great album!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Yeah - I enjoyed this very much. A good mix of the familiar and the bizarre. A second one to be issued on AltRock has been on Wayside's "coming soon" list for many moons.

Dominic - did you and Bill collaborate on any music while you shared a flat?

I love how almost every song sort of fools you into thinking its a rather simple thing... the title track in particular- Rainbro - it starts out with a rather rockin' simple riff and with each measure it mutates and flowers into some fine wine. Super stuff and the singing is sublime.

Wonderful album

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    I love how almost every song sort of fools you into thinking its a rather simple thing... the title track in particular- Rainbro - it starts out with a rather rockin' simple riff and with each measure it mutates and flowers into some fine wine. Super stuff and the singing is sublime.
    Agree. They have a perfect balance between tricky stuff and accesibility. The vocals are wonderful too. I hope the follow up will be released soon.

Good Evening Folks! ~

This band has been on my 'check them out further list' since this thread was started. Did a check out, put them on my purchase list, and a recent Wayside order brought it to my snailbox.

After hearing the positive words on the IEBrigade's newer release thread, I really wanted to come away from tonights first listen through quite liking the Rainbro release. My thoughts were to give it a VERY good. Would be crazy about it except I am disappointed with the mix presentation. I prefer more distinction in the way the instruments come across. Just bugged me!

Anyone else or is it MY ears??

Carry On
    Chris Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by winkersnufs View Post
    Good Evening Folks! ~

This band has been on my 'check them out further list' since this thread was started. Did a check out, put them on my purchase list, and a recent Wayside order brought it to my snailbox.

After hearing the positive words on the IEBrigade's newer release thread, I really wanted to come away from tonights first listen through quite liking the Rainbro release. My thoughts were to give it a VERY good. Would be crazy about it except I am disappointed with the mix presentation. I prefer more distinction in the way the instruments come across. Just bugged me!

Anyone else or is it MY ears??

Carry On
    Chris Buckley
    I'm not sure if it's the mix or if it's just IEB's sound. I know what you're saying, it's almost like the the music is a flatline with very little dynamic. But I find that true of both their albums (jsut got the second one recently). I think that is just they way they do it, I'm not sure if it's the mix.

Anyway, I enjoy these albums despite this issue. Rainbro was a real grower for me. I like the second one too, but I think I still prefer Rainbro overall.

Bill

^ I was intending to post a seriously heavy response to that, Bill, but then I just dicovered that there's a brand new Yes thread appearing from out of the blue right over this unknownband-one, so I'm afraid I'll have to attend to the one about Yes instead.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

^^The progressiveness of this progressive site is progressively progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ I was intending to post a seriously heavy response to that, Bill, but then I just dicovered that there's a brand new Yes thread appearing from out of the blue right over this unknownband-one, so I'm afraid I'll have to attend to the one about Yes instead.
    Yeah, a Yes thread definitely commands one's attention. I understand. Get back to us if you can pull yourself away.