Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Marijuana and Music: an essay

All I can say is music and cannabis have always been a romantic love affair with the music being so much more enhanced while listening. The old blues and jazz musicians of the early part of the 20th century knew that and that's why the music that they made will always be timeless. And I do think that cannabis works well with listening to progressive rock. In my youth I had many memorable concert experiences while high. And I still do ingesting Edibles an hour before a show. One great old memory was the Yes concert on June 21st 1975 at the Hollywood Bowl. It was a warm evening and was the summer solstice and Jon Anderson sang his heart out to a full moon. My friends and I were lucky enough to obtain a large quantity of black Primo hash from the Middle East which in itself was mind-blowing. But that hashish also had white streaks of pure opium in it and the mix with the hash was heavenly. The music of the show was unbelievable and we still remember how we floated back to the parking lot. Ah the good old days! And today when at home I still enjoy breaking out the old pipe and throwing on the headphones to listen to my favorite music. Now the question I have for the man who wrote this good essay would be " Would you correlate the music explosion of the 1960s with the increased smoking of cannabis?"
    Last edited by AncientChord; 09-14-2016 at 11:46 PM.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MJ-Plagued View Post
    You linked this ebay offer in multiple threads, I call SPAM.

Banned
    Maine drops recount. Maine, Mass, Nevada And CA will have sales by 2018.

Banned

Banned
    That's not a photoshop, vandals were caught on security camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    That's not a photoshop, vandals were caught on security camera.
    That is truly unbelievable! There is no way they were stoned pulling that one off.

Jefferson James
    I thought this video focused on the "Hollyweed" guys but instead talks with the guys who made the sign read "CALTECH". Still a fun watch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    I thought this video focused on the "Hollyweed" guys but instead talks with the guys who made the sign read "CALTECH". Still a fun watch.
    Yes, that was a fun watch. 2018 will be a fun year in Hollyweed[emoji6]

Banned
    While the DEA admitted in August that the gateway theory and other harmful claims are not supported by science, they have yet to remove all references of the disproven information, thereby continuing to spread inaccurate information.

“The DEA has actually admitted that cannabis is not a gateway drug and does not cause long-term brain damage, psychosis, and other alleged harms, yet they keep distributing this false information anyway, despite the reality these claims are not based on scientific fact,” said Beth Collins, Senior Director of Government Relations and External Affairs for Americans for Safe Access.

http://www.thedailychronic.net/2017/...cal-marijuana/

Anyone here familiar with micro-dosing acid? Here's someone that was significantly helped by it

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/07/st...ies-below&_r=2
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Anyone here familiar with micro-dosing acid? Here's someone that was significantly helped by it

A fascinating article - thanks for posting it. I find the results very impressive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post

That is so cool. Only in Berkeley where there are smart people creating with extreme control these clean micro doses. The entire reason psychedelics should be legal is that micro and controlled dosages would be available. Wouldn't it be nice to have a government which wasn't a self fulfilling prophecy for reduced consciousness.

That is so cool. Only in Berkeley where there are smart people creating with extreme control these clean micro doses. The entire reason psychedelics should be legal is that micro and controlled dosages would be available. Wouldn't it be nice to have a government which wasn't a self fulfilling prophecy for reduced consciousness.
    There's a few of those due east of us.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...altz-new-york/

How convenient that I live 3 minutes from here! . You'll know where I'll be at 4:00 today.....

And I'm guessing where you'll be about 20 minutes later......
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    And I'm guessing where you'll be about 20 minutes later......

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Banned

This BS elitism. John’s Hopkins in Baltimore has been on the forefront of psychiatry using psychedelics since 70’s and before. This discussion about CA being so progressive brings to mind, why the state took so long to establish legal weed retail, allowing the illegal marketplace expand to include the environmental disaster of Mexican Cartels using banned rat poison impacting wildlife. Sure in 96 CA was first to have medical, but that was 16 years after I had my first taste of CA sinsemilla. Now we have weed and coke dosed with fentanyl. It wasn’t progressives that legalized hemp agriculture leading to one of the greatest medicines CBD. At Hopkins they identified exactly how psychedelics work at the biochemical level. Essentially, connections from one neuron to many more are created and this is beneficial when experience causes neurons to be biased down a more narrow range of paths. And the interesting fact is that the new neuronal pathways are persistent, so only a small set of psychedelic experiences can make change that lasts. This is me speaking, it is like learning but could be positive of negative m, if the appropriate environment during the experience and after, aren’t good.