Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NC-Two-A Basketball 2015

Oregon may present more of a challenge than is expected for the Badgers imo.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Watchin' Kentucky/Cincy.

First of the #1 seeds (Villa) down by 9 to #8 NC State with 5:00 left. Still plenty of time but they're in trouble.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

FINAL: #8 NC State 71 #1 Villanova 68

One Wildcat down.

So is Kansas the only Big 12 team left? Really? Sean Miller is playing his old school in round of 16. UCLA already beat Larry Brown so lets see if Xavier can do the same to Miller. If Iowa can beat Gonzaga it sets up another one like that as Steve Alford was a former Iowa coach. If Gonzaga wins it sets up , well, as Adam Morrsion might say there may a lot of tears.

NC State wins!!! The first upset I've predicted correctly all tournament. I did notice a shot across the bow from my esteemed colleague from the land of fermented milk though in reference to Arizona ( although some will consider it a hope against Kentucky ).

I wish there were some hope against Kentucky. That team is just ridiculous. After one seven-footer makes you radically adjust your angle and take a weak, low-percentage fall-away kind of shot, one of the other ones is there behind the first one to swat it away. And then the guards are all 6'6" and athletic as hell, except for Ulis who is nonetheless the quickest player on the floor. Ludicrous. And Cincinnati really scrapped hard. They just had nothin' for an answer.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    FINAL: #8 NC State 71 #1 Villanova 68

One Wildcat down.
    Thank you, sir! May I please have another?

I threw my brackets away this morning. I had the Cats going the whole way.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Thank you, sir! May I please have another?

I threw my brackets away this morning. I had the Cats going the whole way.
    That was only reportage by me, and certainly not directed at you. Besides, I put my paddle away.

My esteemed colleague in "eh" land forgets that Kentucky, until their Connecticut debacle, was as good last year as they are now, or certainly very close to that, and it took a buzzer beater for KY to beat the Badgers in the natl semis.

Much of the media is saying that they think that the Badgers are the team with the best hope of beating KY. We'll see.

Sad that Villanova again couldn't reach the Sweet 16, but, more importantly, that game freakin' killed my bracket! I had them losing in the final to UK!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Never count out MSU when it comes tournament time. It busted my brackets today, but as a fan I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    That was only reportage by me, and certainly not directed at you. Besides, I put my paddle away.
    No prob, Steve. After Providence taking it on the chin; then Villanova, I was pretty bummed for a few minutes. Ah, it's just a game.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I willingly stand against the wall, no blindfold or cigarette necessary. Fire away.....

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    I willingly stand against the wall, no blindfold or cigarette necessary. Fire away.....
    "Are there any last requests"?

Yeah, they're that good!

Dammit. Sometimes being right sucks.

At this juncture, Go Badgers! You're my next hope for being wrong.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Holy shit! Kentucky got lucky.

Now can Bucky avenge last year (AZ couldn't)?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Cracking game, ND were great.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

^^ Agreed! ND inpressed the hell out of me.

I think the "revenge" factor, which they won't acknowledge publicly, has "The Tank" & his mates happy they're playing KY.

My gosh I hope Wisconsin beats The Sithe. What experience of Lucifer battling Adolph Hitler could compare to a Kentucky-Duke final. I know what final I'd dream of but I'll accept any non_Calipsri team vs and non-Dike team

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    My brother is a big Kentucky fan. I tell him all the time to get his self over to Rupp arena and take pictures of these latest Championship banners... while they last.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    non-Dike team
    jeez, intolerant much?

Nyuk nyuk...

Kentucky's going down!

Actually, more & more online babble is now talking about an all big ten final!

If that actually happened (sure), it is very hard to beat a team 3 times in a season.
    Last edited by progeezer; 04-04-2015 at 12:43 AM.

I would LOVE to see an all Big Ten final. That would be something, to have both the football and basketball champs come from that conference.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    That would be something, to have both the football and basketball champs come from that conference.
    And wrestling!

Dooky is puttin' a hurtin' Michy State.