Thread: Liars - WIXIW

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar

Liars - WIXIW

For some reason, I'm getting caught up in this new Liars-album, called "WIXIW". Their sound is a bit electronic, a bit trip-hop, a bit Joy Division, kinda like The Xx, but then made by their dads.

More fans of this album? It's the only album by Liars I know, how does their previous material stand out compared to this?

Here's a clip (oh boy! first Youtube-embedding here):

Nobody?

I enjoyed this album a lot - thought it had certain Radiohead moves, in how they balance hooky songwriting with farout electronica.

To be honest, none of the previous Liars albums that I tried made any lasting impression. However, among fans of the band the early / mid-period stuff is generally believed to be the best, so it seems I started enjoying Liars when they ceased being themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    I enjoyed this album a lot - thought it had certain Radiohead moves, in how they balance hooky songwriting with farout electronica.

To be honest, none of the previous Liars albums that I tried made any lasting impression. However, among fans of the band the early / mid-period stuff is generally believed to be the best, so it seems I started enjoying Liars when they ceased being themselves.
    Hmm, that's a pity. Thanks for the response, though.