Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DO NOT Buy/SHOP on DISCOGS.COM !!!!!!

DO NOT Buy/SHOP on DISCOGS.COM !!!!!!

I'd give this company Discogs.Com ZERO STARS if this system allowed it!!!!!
    I was a Buyer who spent literally thousands and thousands on this site. And everytime I had ANY issues I would contact their "support staff". They continued time and time again to always take the seller's side and make excuses for their dishonesty, ineptitudes, or inability to conduct business fairly. This all came to a head just in the last few days where after I, who again, have been an upstanding customer with a near 100% feedback rating (2 ratings were messed up dishonest sellers who cancelled randomly but the great discogs wouldn't remove the ill deserved feedback) reported a few problems. This website DOES NOT care one iota about paying customers, no matter what their reputations. They ha dthe gaul to suspend me, again a reputable customer for a long time, for absolutely NO reason. They claimed that asking questions about items I want to buy were somehow now "harassment". When I explained to them over an dover that I am protecting my money and I have every right to ask questions. They threatened me a few times and then suspended me for the questions and for a few times ending multiple support requests to them. Imagine that, they want to rob buyers of their rights and freedoms to ask questions on things we are paying for with our hard earned money. They keep trying to tell buyers what to do with their money and bully them, This "support staff" are the worst staff I have ever ever come in contact with. Keep in mind 99% of the sellers I do business with on that site (and 6 other sites) had NO problems with my honest fair and thorough business of asking questions, making sure there are no misunderstandings, and always paying quickly. This site however rewarded my honesty as a buyer with suspension and NOW they banned me. Why? Because I told them what I thought about the bogus suspension they gave me. But I did it in a calm intelligent manner. They started deleting my support requests when I asked them to help me with a seller who lied to me on condition of a cd. So here I'm ripped off and they won't even help me! They are deleting my requests for NO reason after they suspended me for NO reason! And now they banned me. For what? Asking questions on products I am paying for. For asking questions after I entered into orders BECAUSE their site's so messed up that many emails I sent with enquiries never even got to the sellers until the orders were placed! You know how I know this? They told me on more than a few occasions that they never got the emails from me outside the order! That is discogs' responsibility and yet their 'support staff' is mistreating/chastising ME for THEIR issues... And here discogs is disciplining me for simply trying to ask questions about items I want to buy!!! For sending multiple support requests to them that they could have easily deleted, but instead they chastised me for it. As they chastised me for everything else. Strange I have been buying online 20+ years and NO OTHER SITE has had any issues with me as a buyer. And my business habits on discogs are just as honorable as every other site I buy. My feedback is 100%, I spend $1000's and this site has the gaul to rob me of my rights, chastise me, and ban me. For again NO reason. DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER buy on Discogs.Com as the second you have ANY issues they will turn their backs on you, take the sellers' side and threaten you to stay in line and not bother them or ask any questions. I never cursed at them or did anything illegal or of misconduct. And I had NOTHING but positive feedback from 99% of the sellers I dealt with... And I still got banned and they aren't even allowing me to deal with any past orders (that again I paid my money on). So they basically told me they could care less if I was ripped off on anything.. Just as they could care less about anything else that a buyer deals with on there. . I didn't even address the many scam sellers on discogs that will blatantly lie to customers on condition of cd's and then when they have a problem the seller blames the problem on them. Just like what happened to me on the last order that I complained to discogs which eventually got me banned. Here I'm the one getting ripped off and reaching out to discogs for help and they are banning me. DO NOT SHOP ON DISCOGS.COM. !!!!!!! You will regret it if you do!!!!!!! If anyone empathizes with this horrible injustice of how discogs.com has abused me as a buyer and person, then please send me a correspondence of what I can do to remedy this situation as I spent a great deal of money over the last year or so on their site... Thanks
    e

Shees, you expect us to read all that?

Your point is?

Suspended
    Wow. Look out, Tolstoy.

Maybe it's just my suspicious nature, but I have a problem with someone whose only two posts on this board, since joining less than 24 hours ago, are both long diatribes - identical as far as i bothered checking - against a certain company. It gives the impression that that's WHY you joined - not because you have an interest in progressive music or wish to discuss same. And no matter how justified your complaints might be, posting the same long message twice in two different threads, to get noticed, is just plain immature.
    Last edited by bob_32_116; 04-14-2015 at 06:37 AM.

I might have read that if the OP used paragraphs.
    <sig out of order>

I guess Obama will get blamed for this one too.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Or Phil Collins.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Welcome to the board! What kind of music do you like?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The kind she doesn't have to buy on Discogs, I'd bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Mint, I suppose.

Welcome to the bored.

:/

Yikes! If that OP is anything like your communications with them, I can't say I blame them. After reading the first few sentences, I wonder why you stuck with them all this time in the first place.

BTW, watch your words. If you make unsubstantiated allegations, you could be up for a libel suit. And jumping onto a site like this to rant only makes your case worse. I would be this is not the only place you've done this.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Suspended
    I unfairly maligned Tolstoy. The style is more like it's trying to be William Faulkner.

Anyone here read anything by William Faulkner? I tried to.

Quote Originally Posted by elaine View Post
    I'd give this company Discogs.Com ZERO STARS if this system allowed it!!!!!
    I was a Buyer who spent literally thousands and thousands on this site. And everytime I had ANY issues I would contact their "support staff". They continued time and time again to always take the seller's side and make excuses for their dishonesty, ineptitudes, or inability to conduct business fairly. This all came to a head just in the last few days where after I, who again, have been an upstanding customer with a near 100% feedback rating (2 ratings were messed up dishonest sellers who cancelled randomly but the great discogs wouldn't remove the ill deserved feedback) reported a few problems. This website DOES NOT care one iota about paying customers, no matter what their reputations. They ha dthe gaul to suspend me, again a reputable customer for a long time, for absolutely NO reason.
    They have a French guy doing their dirty work now? Here's a pointer: make an impressive and unrepentant show of force and he'll back down, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    They have a French guy doing their dirty work now?
    Positively brilliant!! I had to read the post to find "They had the gaul to suspend me,...".
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Personally I use Datcogs.com - much better dan dis bunch!
    What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTed View Post
    Personally I use Datcogs.com - much better dan dis bunch!
    I've heard good things about Deotherthingcogs.com.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    You're not the boss of me

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Don't buy on dissprockets.com, either.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    I unfairly maligned Tolstoy. The style is more like it's trying to be William Faulkner.

I read "Light in August". Tried to tell myself I liked it. Long time ago, but I understand what you mean. I don't remember any paragraphs. Had to always use a bookmark.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post

BTW, watch your words. If you make unsubstantiated allegations, you could be up for a libel suit. And jumping onto a site like this to rant only makes your case worse. I would be this is not the only place you've done this.
    Actually, the burden of proof is on the plaintiff in a libel suit.

"DO-NOT-Buy-SHOP-on DISCOGS-COM!!!!!!!!"
    ---------------------------------------------------

Do not pass Go.Do not collect $200.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post

The Sound & the Fury.

The book opens with the ramblings of an imbecile. While this may sound like a good idea, it made for some torturous reading. I suppose it is technical brilliant, but I still prefer Hemmingway - less artificial and no self-conscious pyrotechnics. YMMV.
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Quote Originally Posted by at least 100 dead View Post
    The Sound & the Fury.

The book opens with the ramblings of an imbecile. While this may sound like a good idea, it made for some torturous reading. I suppose it is technical brilliant, but I still prefer Hemmingway - less artificial and no self-conscious pyrotechnics. YMMV.
    I read that one twice and didn't get into it.

Good thing I persisted, with other Faulkner literature, though: Light in August is up there with Moby Dick as the best of American lit, IMO. As I Lay Dying is also fantastic and even his "commercial" novel Sanctuary is great. One of these days I'll revisit Sound and the Fury.

Hemingway is painful to me. Just can't do it. I've never actually tried Faulkner.