Quote Originally Posted by Enid View Post
I tend to believe that what I've been working on for the last 6 years is causing me agony. It originally began with 7 pieces I wrote and recorded that I went back to and observed , discovering that it was more of a suite. I then reconstructed it recording atmospheric sections to be played by string quartet which fell between each of the 7 pieces. In sections of some of the pieces...I had recorded distorted guitar playing 5/chord style , producing an odd effect and decided for a Cello to play that instead. After 4 years of pulling my hair out, I decided to base it on a Chamber Rock approach. I found the right musicians and we rehearsed the material in my house until it was tight enough to perform. I have 4 amazing musicians that play in orchestra pits who don't expect to get paid. I work with two of the musicians on side projects. We are ready...but I have decided that this music could become a Chamber Symphony instead of Chamber Rock. The only aspect of this journey which I'm afraid will annoy the musicians...will be when I ask them to record the entire work as a Chamber Rock piece and then as a Chamber Symphony, so I can listen back to both versions and decide what was meant to be. I have to hear it first in it's entirety to make that decision. Obviously I'm not doing this for money and I don't care...but I desire to release the work to share with others. If I can complete the work , finalize everything, I will put effort into distributing it. I expect nothing in return . Although one of the most beautiful experiences in the life of a musician/composer is for people to tell them that they like your music. That's ultimately the best gift...appreciation.....just don't allow it to swell your head. Stay humble.
You are lucky to have found musicians that don't expect to get paid.