Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1328

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Amazingly, the Utah Jazz have traded Rudy Gobert to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Patrick Beverley and a plethora of chud and 4 first round picks.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/01/jazz-t...-timberwolves/

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Amazingly, the Utah Jazz have traded Rudy Gobert to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Patrick Beverley and a plethora of chud and 4 first round picks.
    And similarly, San Antonio sent Dejounte Murray - just 25 and with two years remaining on a fairly modest contract - to Atlanta for Danilo Gallinari, 3 first round picks, and one pick swap.

And KD has requested a trade out of Brooklyn.

I thought I saw that Galinari is signing with Boston? Maybe it was somebody else.

Watching Detroit-Washington NBA Summer League on ESPN 2 right now. This Jaden Ivey kid looks like the 2nd coming of Ja Morant. But...he just got hurt.

Watching Detroit-Washington NBA Summer League on ESPN 2 right now. This Jaden Ivey kid looks like the 2nd coming of Ja Morant. But...he just got hurt.
    Ivey and Cunningham are going to lead this team back to the top in a few years assuming they can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Ivey and Cunningham are going to lead this team back to the top in a few years assuming they can stay healthy.
    Yeah. Except we're going to be in your way.

Yeah. Except we're going to be in your way.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I actually thought Keegan Murray was the perfect fit.

Never been this excited for a pre-season game since... last year

Poor KD, had the perfect situation in GS, bailed over a clash with Dray (by the way I'm sure ALL Warrior's players have at one point or another clashed with Dray), chose Bklyn and three other hired guns, then couldn't get along with them so wants to bail again. But wait, Bklyn is asking a kings ransom for him and no team wants to play ball, so it's likely he'll have to remain a Net. You reap what you sow. I heard so many players talking about player power, their ability to dictate their teams and situations, but it is no different from any other business. The high paid executives do get privilege and a high level of autonomy, but that only extends so far because these teams are multi-billion dollar enterprises and the billionaire shareholders know they are in charge. It's the age old situation of billionaires vs. multi-millionaires and we all know who wins, regardless of the value of the commodity.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Poor KD, had the perfect situation in GS, bailed over a clash with Dray (by the way I'm sure ALL Warrior's players have at one point or another clashed with Dray), chose Bklyn and three other hired guns, then couldn't get along with them so wants to bail again. But wait, Bklyn is asking a kings ransom for him and no team wants to play ball, so it's likely he'll have to remain a Net. You reap what you sow. I heard so many players talking about player power, their ability to dictate their teams and situations, but it is no different from any other business. The high paid executives do get privilege and a high level of autonomy, but that only extends so far because these teams are multi-billion dollar enterprises and the billionaire shareholders know they are in charge. It's the age old situation of billionaires vs. multi-millionaires and we all know who wins, regardless of the value of the commodity.
    I'd still like to see Simmons, Kyrie, and KD play... Maybe they'll have to in order to gauge other team's interests, at least Kyrie, anyway, but all three, too, because a team isn't going to give up its entire roster for someone who doesn't wanna be there, someone who might ask for another trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Agree with your statement about Dray and his teammates. Still can't believe that KD left the GSW over it. Gets $50MM per on a new team he helps build, doesn't like it so he wants the Nets to blow it up. He didn't know how he and Harden got along after their years in OKC? And Kyrie? He came with some baggage coming in. Then they get Simmons for Harden? Is this a Greek tragedy? Seems like the top basketball guys only looked at their stats before signing them and never considered how they would play together. The Nets are a total sh*t show.

Props for GSW for losing a top 5 player in the league and still turn it around and win another championship.

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    I actually thought Keegan Murray was the perfect fit.

Never been this excited for a pre-season game since... last year

It's been really quiet... Maybe there's a trade brewing?

I'd like to see Ben Simmons, Kyrie, and KD play until at least the trade deadline. They might have to play them to give other team's confidence trading for the player, but the players will probably dictate. No team is going to trade for a guy who doesn't wanna be there, especially since they are in both "interesting" situations. Kyrie's contract expires, and KD has 4 yrs left.

I just hope there are no guys in the NBA who refuse to play. I hope guys can get healthy and back on the floor (before tanking, lol)

Everyone seems to forget GS won a title before KD showed up (and honestly it would have been 2 had it not been for Lebrons BS gamesmenship)
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

BS, LeBron's gamesmanship. They had Draymond for game 7. Was he just too traumatized from the suspension to get the job done?

If Irving and Love hadn't been injured in the playoffs the first time they played in the finals, the Cavaliers would have had 2 titles.

BS, LeBron's gamesmanship. They had Draymond for game 7. Was he just too traumatized from the suspension to get the job done?

If Irving and Love hadn't been injured in the playoffs the first time they played in the finals, the Cavaliers would have had 2 titles.
    Oh I'm glad you took time out of watching Space Jam 2 for the 50000th time to reply to me, too bad it wasnt with anything factual lol.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Huge trade in the NBA yesterday with Donovan Mitchell going to Cleveland for Collin Sexton, Lauri Markkanen, rookie Ochai Agbaji, and three first round picks.

Don't think any of the pundits saw this one coming. Never saw Cleveland even hinted as a possible destination for a Mitchell trade.

^ The Cavaliers decided to maximize their window, while they still have Evan Mobley on a rookie contract, before he becomes much more expensive. All 4 of their young stars are locked up for multiple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    Huge trade in the NBA yesterday with Donovan Mitchell going to Cleveland for Collin Sexton, Lauri Markkanen, rookie Ochai Agbaji, and three first round picks.

Don't think any of the pundits saw this one coming. Never saw Cleveland even hinted as a possible destination for a Mitchell trade.
    That is a huge price for a second level NBA player. Donovan's no slouch, but he isn't top 10%.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

^ The Cavaliers decided to maximize their window, while they still have Evan Mobley on a rookie contract, before he becomes much more expensive. All 4 of their young stars are locked up for multiple years.
    Yes, I like the deal in the short-term, adding Mitchell while only subtracting Markkanen from last year's roster. The long-term impact could sting, since Mitchell, Garland, Mobley, and Allen might all be long gone by the time some of those first-round picks come due in 2027, 2028, and 2029. The Cavs basically have a 3-year window to win now.

I never thought of top 10%, but I think Donovan fits there.

For once, a team fleeces Danny Ainge by getting Bogdaonvic for Olynyk and Saben Lee

The risk of going to press too soon: Lindy's Basketball Yearbook chose Ime Udoka as the Coach of the Year prediction.

It'll probably be overlooked, with the seriousness of what transpired tonight in Cincinnati, but Donovan Mitchell dropped 71 points and 11 assists and 8 rebounds on the Bulls in a comeback overtime win. Dude has been playing at another level this year, far above what he was showing at Utah, where he was already an All-Star. I'll be surprised if he's not First Team All-Pro at Shooting Guard at the end of the season, barring injury.

definitely feels like we've been getting way more ludicrous statlines than usual this year. particularly within the last few weeks. look at Giannis's last 4: 45/22, 43/20, 55/10, 30/21/10 (actually a quadruple double if you count turnovers)

last night's Milwaukee/Toronto game was also one for the ages. 1st quarter went 13-12 as the Raps missed their first 16 shots. Bucks were up 22 with 3 minutes to go, and 12 with 48 seconds to go, yet Toronto managed to take it to overtime (where they lost). don't wanna be that guy but the refs were jobbing Milwaukee pretty hard down the stretch which made such an insane comeback possible. still pretty crazy game that just happened to be nationally televised.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

I don't usually watch basketball because to me it is a total waste of time until the last two minutes. I did watch the last eight minutes and overtime of the Lakers/Celtics game last night. I know the NBA instructs the refs before each game how they are supposed to officiate as to not eject players like Jordan,Bryant and LeBron James. The officiating in those thirteen minutes could have actually been worse than the game altering officiating of the NFL. A friend of mine Marty was probably throwing shit and overturning furniture when no foul was called when LeBron was driving for the winning basket in regulation.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!