Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1328

Thread: NBA Basketball Thread

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    WEEI Boston's Sports Original ·
    Boston becomes first city to lose a home Game 7 to an 8-seed in both basketball and hockey in the same season.

Whew! Congrats Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    F***ing Heat. way to blow a 3-0 lead morons. no way they win in Boston Monday.
    guess i was wrong.. but happily so.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Having been born and lived the first 6 years of my life there, and still having relatives there, GO NUGGETS!
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    WEEI Boston's Sports Original ·
    Boston becomes first city to lose a home Game 7 to an 8-seed in both basketball and hockey in the same season.
    And both to teams from South Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    F***ing Heat. way to blow a 3-0 lead morons. no way they win in Boston Monday.
    can we circle back on this??

honestly one of the most bizarre playoff series I've ever seen. Game 7 on the road, against a team that has them thoroughly outmatched, with both of your stars playing kinda bad, and somehow they win by 20?? Celtics have a chance to make history and get to the Finals and they quit before the 3rd is even over? the thing with the NBA is that it's comparatively predictable; I've never seen anything like what the Heat are doing. they were, by some measures, the worst offense during the regular season! they nearly lost in the play-in to the Chicago Bulls! what is going on here???

so yes, Denver should demolish them, but the Heat knocked off 2 of the other best teams in the NBA, how comfortable do you feel picking against them right now??
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

I expect the Nuggets to win the thing. I just hope it isn't a sweep. Jokic deserves all the praise, but I hope Jimmy Butler gets a ring sooner than later.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    And both to teams from South Florida!
    I suppose there were quite a few snowbirds who thought it was a win-win scenario.

Who is first to go, Harden or Brown?

Topping the list of the highest earners among the NBA’s 30 mascots is Rocky, the mountain lion mascot of the Denver Nuggets. Rocky reportedly collects a staggering $625,000 annually, making him the highest-paid mascot in the league.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Topping the list of the highest earners among the NBA’s 30 mascots is Rocky, the mountain lion mascot of the Denver Nuggets. Rocky reportedly collects a staggering $625,000 annually, making him the highest-paid mascot in the league.
    That's more than the Nuggets are paying Reggie Jackson to sit at the end of their bench, and more than the Heat are paying Cody Zeller (who actually plays)!

Well, double and triple teaming Jokic ain't gonna work. I love Joker's game plan. Bad for my team but it's a beautiful thing to see this Joker.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Well, double and triple teaming Jokic ain't gonna work. I love Joker's game plan. Bad for my team but it's a beautiful thing to see this Joker.....lol
    Maybe the Heat could match Nikola Jovic up against Nikola Jokic to see if everyone gets so confused they cancel each other out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Based on what I saw last night, the Heat don't have enough overall size and speed to match up with Denver. Aside from trying to deal with the one-man wrecking ball in the middle.

It's probably going to be a short series.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Based on what I saw last night, the Heat don't have enough overall size and speed to match up with Denver. Aside from trying to deal with the one-man wrecking ball in the middle.

It's probably going to be a short series.
    We don't stand a snowball's chance in hell..... you're right we don't have the size to deal with the Joker. We need Batman, Butler, and Robin.

Regardless, the Miami Heat have been consistently good for a couple decades. All those Conference Championship, and Finals appearances are nothing to sneeze at. And our hockey team is in Stanley Cup Shindig.

I'm rooting for Denver, but I'm tired of seeing blowouts.

I was thinking in my head, and there's a lot of teams with big men, and a lot of teams who don't have a defensive big who can guard them. Miami has guys out, and as Kenny Smith says, "If you play hard, you can win x amount of games" - or make it to The Finals, and they didn't have an easy road.

And then Ja's suspension. Half the year? I can't see a year, but Silver said something like they found new information, so who knows what else it could be.

The Draft -- one of my favorite days of the year. Mostly because of the many trades.. <puts on tin foil> I think Silver wasn't going to let Detroit get the 1st pick, because they had the worst record. They hardly ever do (unless they're Cleveland), and with the play-in (and hopefully more lottery reform odds not in favor of losing) tournament, hopefully there's more competition. They're going to have to institute contracts with "at least 70 games" as a bonus or something. It's one reason I haven't gone to a game in a long time. I also am a bit tired of the 3's, especially when you pass up an easy shot for a brick.

We're not getting swept.

Monte Williams named as new head coach for the Pistons. Solid choice IMO.

Listen, we're in this thing....Until they blow our doors off in game 3....

Congrats Nuggets. They were just too good. I don't think any team from the Eastern Conf. could've beaten them.

I'm glad that horrible call on Butler's 3 didn't impact the outcome of the game last night.

Mass shooting in Denver after the game.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Did Golden St ship Jordan Poole off for a 38 year old guy, just to appease Draymond Green in hopes of re-signing him?

Well, that was one of the busiest draft periods I can remember for transactions involving established players (rather than picks):

Bradley Beal to Phoenix.
    Chris Paul to Golden State.
    Jordan Poole to Washington.
    Kristaps Porzingis to Boston.
    Marcus Smart to Memphis.

Pistons draft one of the Thompson twins at #5. Hopefully they got the right one.