Thread: iPad Recording

iPad Recording

I've been using various DAWs for the past few years, and recently I bought an iPad. I've really never been "serious" in home recording in terms of making the greatest recordings. I mainly just want to get my ideas down, have them done so there are listenable, more of a demo so if I am getting together with my friends to jam or record, they have something to listen to and learn from. I am pretty amazed at what the iPad can do, and I know I am only scratching the surface.

Just wondered who else here has used them, and your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by eporter66 View Post
    I've been using various DAWs for the past few years, and recently I bought an iPad. I've really never been "serious" in home recording in terms of making the greatest recordings. I mainly just want to get my ideas down, have them done so there are listenable, more of a demo so if I am getting together with my friends to jam or record, they have something to listen to and learn from. I am pretty amazed at what the iPad can do, and I know I am only scratching the surface.

Just wondered who else here has used them, and your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Eric
    I use a MacBook Air- but I am interested what software you are using on the iPad as my wife has one and is looking to use it to record.

I just got a focusrite idock. I am only playing around with GarageBand at the moment. I am reading some forums to learn what people are doing with it. I am just looking to make decent sounding demos, as the drummer I play with has some really good recording equipment.

I am in the early stages of learning how to use it, but it's so easy and compact, fire it up and you can get your ideas down quickly. I have struggled with latency (never had a Mac, that's next). But, this seems like a great way to get and work on music with ease.

Curios to know how much music you can store on a 32gig or 64gig memory stick that's in the ipad?
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!