Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USPS shipping delays at this time of year

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    For some reason I can't find the more generic USPS/UPS bitch thread, so:

Yesterday I received a CD-sized package via USPS, and inside was a piece of cardboard. That's it, nothing else. No CD, no packing slip. I don't recognize the return address, which has no name, band name, or label name. The return address on the shipping label sounds like either a retail shipping location or a fulfillment warehouse (it says "Shipping Center"), but I can't find anything at that address searching the Googles. The shipping label has a USPS tracking number that shows it as Delivered (which it was; the packaging was intact) and gives a first scan location as City of Industry, CA, which is a major postal hub (for LA I guess).

I've recently ordered several CDs, or it could be something I'd pre-ordered. I've contacted a couple of possible suspects, but no luck identifying the sender yet.

Maddening! At least I know my Moon Letters CD should be arriving today.
    It sounds to me like some nefarious actor is testing to see if you live at your address. Which would be confirmed by not having the package returned to them as undeliverable. The same way they'll create a $1 charge on a stolen credit card. To ensure it's a valid number and expiration date. I would advise putting your guard up for possible fraud.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I don't really understand how it works, but they call it a "brushing scam", and somehow it allows the seller to bump up their positive feedback and write positive reviews for the merchandise that they sell. I don't think there is any risk to the party that receives the package, usually.
    We’ve had the brushing scheme happen. But it has little effect on us. A seller makes a purchase with a fake account and has it shipped to the address of a previous customer to rack up fake sales for their business. We get some cheap, Chinese crap for free. It’s possible this was a variation.