Page 308 of 413 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 10310

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    He can also make plays on his own...I don't remember the last time we had a player who could do this [emoji38]

Varlamov is a great goalie...when he's healthy.
    Totally forgot that JD is your GM and he was Panarin's GM in Columbus too....

Isles offered more AAV too.... Fucker...
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Do NOT make an offer sheet to Point or I will be forced to cheer for the Bruins against you.

Yes, it’s that serious.

That's how I feel about Marner. The Leafs don't have a lot of cap space. A big move for Marner could really hurt us. Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone.

Habs need to go after Marnor... mwhahahaha!

but I would not be worried if I were you:

"Mitchell Marner, Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto said this week it is prepared and well situated if Marner receives an offer sheet. The 22-year-old had NHL career highs in goals (26), assists (68) and points (94) and was plus-22 in 82 regular-season games, ranking fourth in assists in the League and 11th in points. Marner has increased his goals, assists and points totals in each of his NHL seasons."
    Last edited by Yves; 07-03-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    IMHO, if Panarin was looking for cash, NY and a center to feed him quality goal scoring opps, the Isles and Barzal would have satisfied that.

Great signing by blueshirts. Wanted him for Isles at deadline and again in FA.
    Yeah this one hurt, made worse by where he went.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Habs need to go after Marnor... mwhahahaha!

but I would not be worried if I were you:

"Mitchell Marner, Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto said this week it is prepared and well situated if Marner receives an offer sheet. The 22-year-old had NHL career highs in goals (26), assists (68) and points (94) and was plus-22 in 82 regular-season games, ranking fourth in assists in the League and 11th in points. Marner has increased his goals, assists and points totals in each of his NHL seasons."
    I'm not too worried. Before the season ended, both Marner and Babcock said that he wasn't going anywhere. Marner wants to stay in Toronto. Babcock wants him to stay in Toronto. I have to think that Tavares would be putting pressure on the Leafs to keep Marner on his line. Tavares had his best year this year with Marner feeding him pucks. So unless the Leafs are totally low-balling him to the point of insulting him, I expect him to re-sign.

Back in Sept 2018, the CBC radio asked my opinion about the Pacioretty trade. An excerpt was heard on the radio that morning. I did not know that a written article with my views and photo also existed until this morning, when I was Googling my own name just for the hell of it:

http://easternontarionetwork.com/201...cWfJyVNOS8gG48

The eons are closing
    Hah! Awesomeness. [emoji106]

I unfortunately was on Fox news once due to a transit strike.. if i had known...

If any old-timers picked up the book, "The California Golden Seals, a Tale of Red Ink and White Skates" by Steve Currier, there's two short anecdotes about me in there. I was a huge fan of this awful and colorful team while living on Long Island. Would have provided a lot more anecdotes for the author but was unavailable for a phone interview at the time.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

3 weeks before pre-season. I am actually stoked for this upcoming season. I think the Habs were on the verge and hopefully can put together a good season and actually make it to the playoffs! Been too long!

The eons are closing
    Starting to get stoked!

OMG! HOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEYHOCKEY

Rookie camps are opening... It will soon be here...Usually I don't find the off-season long enough but the way last season ended for us... I am hungry!

Oh man I can't wait! I love the moves made by NYR, but at best I think we are a bubble playoff team. Who knows? Very pleased with the rebuild moves though...seems a lot of good pieces are in place. Drop the puck!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Go Bruins!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

It seems like last season ended about a week ago, but I'll be watching just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It seems like last season ended about a week ago, but I'll be watching just the same.

I usually feel this way too, but last season left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth so drop the puck!

At some point over the next few days I'll get things set up for both of the PE Fantasy Hockey Leagues for the upcoming season. If you're interested in playing, we're almost always looking for a team or two to step in for both our standard and keeper leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    At some point over the next few days I'll get things set up for both of the PE Fantasy Hockey Leagues for the upcoming season. If you're interested in playing, we're almost always looking for a team or two to step in for both our standard and keeper leagues.
    Cool man. Lot's of new names to consider! Can't wait for the season to get started.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Getting excited. Wondering if the Bolts' hasty exit last spring gives them a hangover ('nothing matters until April anyway') or spurs them on more to prove themselves from the outset.

The only negative is that my favourite NHLer, Brayden Point, has not signed yet. I thought he'd be the good old prairie boy who says, 'Aw shucks, I'll sign just to get a Lightning logo puck' but twas not to be.

Looking forward to watching rookie Cale Makar of Colorado -- sublime skating combined with an ability to process the game at strobe light speed.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Cool man. Lot's of new names to consider! Can't wait for the season to get started.
    Just dont really know if i have time for fantasy hockey. Yeah I do football but its relative schedule compression makes it okay. Enough time to prepare...

Back when I was decompressing after rehearsal with a giant X-) hit, late nite ESPN hockey was my jam. Now...I am pleased to watch one period of Isles on the West Coast.

Anyway lemme know when i need to decide by pls.

- T

I'd be interested in joining the fantasy league if there is room. I have been waiting to jump into an ESPN league until the RFAs got sorted out. Not that Marner has signed, the flood gates should open.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    If you are short of players and need someone to finish last who only knows the well known Bruins players I'm your guy!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    I am in for one of the leagues for sure. PM me and let me know the details.

- T

I'll get both leagues set up on Monday and will PM the details to those interested.