Page 361 of 412 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 10284

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Saw that! While acknowledging that the reporter was "The Dean of Oilers Hockey" - I thought the question was not awesome to start with and the followup attitude by Matheson was super juvenile

Draisaital was trying to avoid the obvious tact by Matheson to get a juicy soundbite, maybe pointing fingers... Draisaital gave a solid non inflammatory answer and Matheson took it poorly .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    ...and apparently Leon Draisaitl has been "pissy"
    pissy.jpg

The eons are closing
    ^^ [emoji106]

The eons are closing
    RIP Clark Gillies [emoji120]

There has been a lot of death the past 2 years and it has taken some of our most cherished actors, musicians and athletes. While its no comparison to losing a family member or a close friend, the passing of Clark Gillies hits pretty hard. RIP Jethro

Obviously in my house he was the enemy, but always had our respect. One tough dude and a great guy off the ice. Rest in peace, Clark Gilles.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Just finished last nights game against Tampa, got lucky to win that one. I thought the Florida excursion would tell me if we can play with the best and we can. Should have beat Tampa with all the odd man rushes
    but had to eke it out in a SO.

Pete DeBoer needs some examining. Under his leadership we have one of the worst PP in the league. Can't win games if you can't score when you have the advantage. It ain't a getting better any time soon, I'd imagine, so why the hell is he still the coach? We fired Gallant when he didn't deserve to get fired so why can't Pete go?
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

All-Star game and Pro bowl in one city on the same weekend. Should be a cool party although I'm watching it from home.

They figured it out, eventually, that Vegas is a spot that everyone wants to come to so hold events here. So many years of hating Vegas cause we didn't have pro sports, well, those days are long gone. Can't wait to get the A's here, going to opening day is a treat that I've only witnessed once and I want more bunting in my life.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    All-Star game and Pro bowl in one city on the same weekend. Should be a cool party although I'm watching it from home.

They figured it out, eventually, that Vegas is a spot that everyone wants to come to so hold events here. So many years of hating Vegas cause we didn't have pro sports, well, those days are long gone. Can't wait to get the A's here, going to opening day is a treat that I've only witnessed once and I want more bunting in my life.
    I will watch the skills competition tonight. That's always fun. The game I don't really care much about, but I am curious to see that Vegas, over the top, cheese that will open things up

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    going to opening day is a treat that I've only witnessed once and I want more bunting in my life.
    Run for office.

Some of you hockey heads might be interested in a fairly new documentary on Netflix about the old Danbury Trashers of the now defunct United Hockey League back in the mid 00’s. I remember when all of this happened, mainly because it was the year that my hometown Kalamazoo Wings won the league championship and play into a portion of this story. Anyway, thought I would post the trailer in case some of you were interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Some of you hockey heads might be interested in a fairly new documentary on Netflix about the old Danbury Trashers of the now defunct United Hockey League back in the mid 00’s. I remember when all of this happened, mainly because it was the year that my hometown Kalamazoo Wings won the league championship and play into a portion of this story. Anyway, thought I would post the trailer in case some of you were interested.

Coincidentally, I just watched this after hearing ex-Ranger Mike Rupp talk about it on a podcast. The Trashers apparently threw a boatload of money his way to join the team as a "big name" and he actually played for them during the 04-05 NHL lockout. I knew nothing about the team but the story's fascinating and the film should be of interest to any hockey fan, especially those who thought "Slapshot" was exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Coincidentally, I just watched this after hearing ex-Ranger Mike Rupp talk about it on a podcast. The Trashers apparently threw a boatload of money his way to join the team as a "big name" and he actually played for them during the 04-05 NHL lockout. I knew nothing about the team but the story's fascinating and the film should be of interest to any hockey fan, especially those who thought "Slapshot" was exaggerated.
    Yup, I remember seeing Rupp play here in Kalamazoo during the playoffs. The Trashers and the K-Wings had a great little rivalry there for a year or two and neither time liked each other much.

The Detroit UHL team The Motor City Mechanics signed Chris Chellios, Kris Draper and Derrian Hatcher during the lockout. When they came to Kalamazoo our arena was sold out to the rafters. I remember getting rinkside seats for one of the games and up close Hatcher was just a monster he was so big. Fun times!

Yeah that doc is on my list. Thanks for the reminder

Anyone watching any olympic hockey? I haven't really been feelin any of the olympics this time around...

Yeah that doc is on my list. Thanks for the reminder

Anyone watching any olympic hockey? I haven't really been feelin any of the olympics this time around...
    Watched the USA vs Canada game live last night (started 11:30PM). For a bunch of young kids, the US team looked quite good and won the game. They have 5 guys that are still teenagers, and most of the team are college players. If they play like they did last night they might have a shot.

I have watched some women's hockey as well and as usual it will probably come down to US vs Canada in the end for the gold.

I have mentioned this before, and maybe it is just my imagination, but the picture quality for hockey just does not seem very good compared to NHL broadcasts. The picture is a bit......foggy for lack of a better word, and it is often difficult to see the actual puck. I noticed it again watching the men's game last night.

I've been watching what I can. We watched the first period of the US/Canada game last night. But the time difference makes it almost impossible to watch live, and it's not the same watching it when you already know the outcome. I agree with Steve's comments.

I remember back in 2014 when the Gold medal game between Canada and Sweden started at 7:00am and Toronto passed a law allowing bars to serve alcohol beginning at 7:00am just for that day. We made reservations at our favourite pub to watch the game. It was a lot of fun to be in a packed bar that early. It was a HUGE party. Sadly, I don't see bars being allowed to do that this year (assuming we get that far) with all the Covid restrictions that we're still living with here. As of now, bars and restaurants are only allowed to be at 50% capacity until Feb. 21.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I've been watching what I can. We watched the first period of the US/Canada game last night. But the time difference makes it almost impossible to watch live, and it's not the same watching it when you already know the outcome. I agree with Steve's comments.

I remember back in 2014 when the Gold medal game between Canada and Sweden started at 7:00am and Toronto passed a law allowing bars to serve alcohol beginning at 7:00am just for that day. We made reservations at our favourite pub to watch the game. It was a lot of fun to be in a packed bar that early. It was a HUGE party. Sadly, I don't see bars being allowed to do that this year (assuming we get that far) with all the Covid restrictions that we're still living with here. As of now, bars and restaurants are only allowed to be at 50% capacity until Feb. 21.
    A few years ago the Detroit Lions played a game in London with a 9:00AM start time on a Sunday. Most of the sports bars in the area did speical things for the game. I went to my favorite sports bar and they had a breakfast buffet with $4 bloody marys & beer specials. It was a lot of fun.

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Without the NHL stars my interest in olympic hockey is minimal. I'll watch the medal games but that's about it (unless there is no other olympic action going on).
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Without the NHL stars my interest in olympic hockey is minimal. I'll watch the medal games but that's about it (unless there is no other olympic action going on).
    I also wish NHL guys were playing, but it is what it is I guess. I have been following college hockey a bit more this year because WMU is doing so well (they are currently 5th in the country), so I am familiar with some of the college guys on the U.S. team, but probably normally I would have no clue.

I don't know, I kinda like that the pros aren't out there. I think there's 5 guys on USA team who have played in the NHL. Steven Kampfer was actually a serviceable NY Ranger for a couple seasons.

I don't know, I kinda like that the pros aren't out there. I think there's 5 guys on USA team who have played in the NHL. Steven Kampfer was actually a serviceable NY Ranger for a couple seasons.
    Yes, there are a few. Former Detroit Red Wing Justin Abdelkater is on the team, but he is well beyond his best years.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Yes, there are a few. Former Detroit Red Wing Justin Abdelkater is on the team, but he is well beyond his best years.
    Eric Stahl too.

Just happened to turn on the TV when I got up this morning and USA vs Germany was on live. Germany has a former WMU player on their team, so it was kind of cool to see him out there. USA won the game and are undefeated going into the medal round.

Haven't been feeling much of the Olympics this year because every time and I mean every time, curling is on. I like to watch it but that's all I'm seeing. There used to be 5 different stations carrying the games. Now its 1 or 2. Guessing the rest is online. I have managed to catch the USA vs Canada women's. Real good game as expected just as they are meeting in the finals (Thursday). Saw the Men's USA vs Canada too. It ain't the pros but it was still good hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Haven't been feeling much of the Olympics this year because every time and I mean every time, curling is on. I like to watch it but that's all I'm seeing. There used to be 5 different stations carrying the games. Now its 1 or 2. Guessing the rest is online. I have managed to catch the USA vs Canada women's. Real good game as expected just as they are meeting in the finals (Thursday). Saw the Men's USA vs Canada too. It ain't the pros but it was still good hockey
    The men's Canada/China curling match yesterday was a great game! I was looking forward to the women's hockey gold medal game but it doesn't start until 11:10pm Eastern. I'm not going to be able to stay up past the first period. I was really hoping it would be a primetime game in Beijing, so it would be a morning game here.