Page 407 of 411 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411 LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 10254

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    What's with throwing rubber [emoji232] rats on the ice?
    There was a rat in the lockeroom. A player shot a puck at it and killed it, so the fans took a page out the Red Wings octopus throwing and began throwing rats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Thanks for the explanation!

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Local/regional sports networks carried games for teams in their respective areas. ALL of the games were available to watch live for free on YouTube.
    Strange there was no advertising of such. But ahh. There you go. I know its probably just me but I can't watch sports on my computer.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Fork meet Rangers
    Hm. I shall vent now. Ignore as necessary.

Well, this one hurts. Once again, the lack of being able to score dooms the rangers. Story of my life as a fan. And of course, they had to score to make Tarasenko's goal the game winner...the guy the rangers should have gone after during the trade deadline. I put some of this blame on management. They needed to be more aggressive at the trade deadline. I hope that very late first round pick (and the two third rounders or whatever Tarasanko coast florida) this year make a difference for the rangers going forward because this was a great opportunity to make real noise this year and despite what I will say momentarily who knows how many more of these you get.

The only solace I can take is that the rangers window is now open. Barring disaster or overreaction this team should be contenders for at least several years. But still this one sucks. Sucks hard.

Bring on the 2024 season.
    Last edited by Hobo Chang Ba; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    What's with throwing rubber 🐀 rats on the ice?
    I've forgotten why that tradition started. We've had NHL down here for 30? years. Sheesh, I even forgot the Panthers were in the Cup Finals last year.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I've forgotten why that tradition started. We've had NHL down here for 30? years. Sheesh, I even forgot the Panthers were in the Cup Finals last year.
    All that Sweet Caroline has affected your short term memory

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Oh well, sucks to be a Ranger fan...again. Panthers were bigger, faster and stronger. Finess only gets you so far in the playoffs. Sign Schneider in the off season and that's it. Use the space for some size and speed.

I'll be watching the Cup finals for sure though. Whoever the Panthers play, it's gonna be fun to watch! Cheerin' for Brian and his Oilers tonight. As much as I would usually go with the East team, I think in this case I'm an Oiler. Too many players on that Panthers team I just fuckin can't stand
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

For Panarin and Zibanejad to disappear in the playoffs again is mystifying and disappointing. All the d-men were pretty poor (Fox was obviously playing hurt). But FLA was relentless and clearly the better team.

I've forgotten why that tradition started.
    Home opener of the 1995-96 season. Scott Mellanby killed a rat in the locker room with a slapshot before the game and then scored two goals in the game, which was jokingly referred to as a "rat trick" by teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad 2 the Bone View Post
    Home opener of the 1995-96 season. Scott Mellanby killed a rat in the locker room with a slapshot before the game and then scored two goals in the game, which was jokingly referred to as a "rat trick" by teammates.
    I thought that was a joke. Thanks...

Dodged the bullet here. Was really worried that Laviolette was going to be the final piece for the Rangers. The CAPS series wasn't going to tell us anything but the way they handled the CANES, well I thought we have some real trouble now. Besides the homer delusions of the ISLES, I thought the CANES were the team to beat this year, followed by the AVS. The only NYR weakness was 5 on 5 but their special teams were extraordinary and picked up the slack. FLA forechecked NYR to death and left no skating room especially for Z and the Breadman. They even found a way to stop the power play. Definitely overlooked FLA even though they were in the Finals last year.

Well the President's Trophy jinx is alive and well, and it's time for NYR fans to join the rest of us and get ready to watch the Stanley Cup finals. I don't see either team from the west beating FLA but I have been so wrong this year, I should have just picked teams out of a hat.

Idk. I mean, the Rangers won the presidents trophy by like 2 or 3 points. Its not like they were the bruins of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Oh well, sucks to be a Ranger fan...again. Panthers were bigger, faster and stronger. Finess only gets you so far in the playoffs. Sign Schneider in the off season and that's it. Use the space for some size and speed.

I'll be watching the Cup finals for sure though. Whoever the Panthers play, it's gonna be fun to watch! Cheerin' for Brian and his Oilers tonight. As much as I would usually go with the East team, I think in this case I'm an Oiler. Too many players on that Panthers team I just fuckin can't stand
    While I don't disagree with getting stronger, they need scoring more than anything. need a proper winger on the top line...that's where I'd put the highest priority.

Also, let Rempe play. lol

While I don't disagree with getting stronger, they need scoring more than anything. need a proper winger on the top line...that's where I'd put the highest priority.

Also, let Rempe play. lol
    I'm with ya. They NEED a RW there. Or maybe just split the bromance up. Kreider is and always has been a mystery to me. The dude can be as dominant as anyone in the NHL, but shows up like every 6 games. It's maddening! And Rempe hopefully will be in the mix more. He's willing to do anything for the team and no doubt he's gonna improve. I liked that little bit of time where he and that other tower Edstrom were playing on a line together.

Idk. I mean, the Rangers won the presidents trophy by like 2 or 3 points. Its not like they were the bruins of last year.
    Definitely not the big shock like last years Bruins upset, but it’s now 12 years where the Presidents Cup winner didn’t also bring home the Stanley Cup.

Go Oilers!

Make room on the bandwagon for me.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:49 PM.

Florida in 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The eons are closing
    I am here for Kyle Okposo and the Panthers getting it done. In 6.

Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I am here for Kyle Okposo and the Panthers getting it done. In 6.

Fuck that guy. Oilers in 7

I'm on the Oiler train, just can't root for FLA. Too many players I have a hatred for although I think Paul Maurice is a hoot. Chris Knoblauch all the way though, loved him with Hartford.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Fuck that guy. Oilers in 7

I'm on the Oiler train, just can't root for FLA. Too many players I have a hatred for although I think Paul Maurice is a hoot. Chris Knoblauch all the way though, loved him with Hartford.
    I believe Okposo is the Godfather to John Tavares' son. That would be a knife twist. Would like EDM to win because McDavid is a generational talent. I don't know if EDM can handle FLA's relentless forechecking. So I will root for EDM, but believe FLA is too much though. McDavid could go all McJesus on them with the help of Dreisidle and company, could make it real interesting. And Skinner has hijacked an excellent goalies body after getting benched early on. So I really just want some good, exciting hockey for 7 games.

Team with the best Power Play wins.

I'll be hoping Edmonton hoists the Cup, but I think it's pretty unlikely. Hope I'm wrong.

Good news for me is the first game will be on ABC. I get to see it.

Good news for me is the first game will be on ABC. I get to see it.
    They're all on ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    I believe Okposo is the Godfather to John Tavares' son. That would be a knife twist. Would like EDM to win because McDavid is a generational talent. I don't know if EDM can handle FLA's relentless forechecking. So I will root for EDM, but believe FLA is too much though. McDavid could go all McJesus on them with the help of Dreisidle and company, could make it real interesting. And Skinner has hijacked an excellent goalies body after getting benched early on. So I really just want some good, exciting hockey for 7 games.

Team with the best Power Play wins.
    I'm here as well. I originally picked Florida over Edmonton in 7, but I think it will go in 6 now. But I'll be rooting for Edmonton, but will be fine with Florida if they win. Amen on that second to last line!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Definitely not the big shock like last years Bruins upset, but it’s now 12 years where the Presidents Cup winner didn’t also bring home the Stanley Cup.
    True. I guess I just don't see it as a jinx like the big narrative is. Sometimes its a really close battle and sometimes a team gets hot at the right time and goes on a tear. It's sports, these things happen.