Page 408 of 412 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412 LastLast
Results 10,176 to 10,200 of 10279

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Serengeti Svengali Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I'm with ya. They NEED a RW there. Or maybe just split the bromance up. Kreider is and always has been a mystery to me. The dude can be as dominant as anyone in the NHL, but shows up like every 6 games. It's maddening! And Rempe hopefully will be in the mix more. He's willing to do anything for the team and no doubt he's gonna improve. I liked that little bit of time where he and that other tower Edstrom were playing on a line together.
    True. I wouldn't disagree with a shakeup. It would be hard to spilt Trochek, Parain, and Laffe, but other than that I think it's all open. Not sure who the free agents are/what other decisions have to be made, but i'm sure things will be a bit different next year. I wonder if Othlmann will finally get the call up (for more than a cup of coffee). Just hope it trends in the right direction! As I said above, their window is definitely open and now they need to take advantage. Good point on Krieder. It is pretty mystifying how he almost unconsciously turns that switch with really no explanation.

The two towers line was fun, wouldn't mind seeing Edstrom play more either, but I trust the coach to get the best 12 forwards on the ice.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    They're all on ABC.

One down…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and Sergei share a last name, nearly the same; Bobrovsky = Bobrowski… I am proud of his play. Florida 1-0.
    It’s gonna be a great series!
    Go Rats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good game. We need to win 3 more of those things. Brutal. Not gonna be easy.

Thought the Oilers were the better team last night, Bob was insane. Pretty much how every Ranger win went That's how it goes! FLA did some pounding physically...no surprise there.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Thought the Oilers were the better team last night, Bob was insane. .
    I thought the same. Thank goodness for Big Bob.

Edit: and Rodrigues
    Last edited by Vic2012; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:49 PM.

Even before the play-offs began I was all for Florida and Edmonton. My heart is with Canada but my hockey mind says the Cats are the better team and with the brick wall called Bob, they are likely to be the champs.
    But to give the Oilers some credit, they have fought valiantly and been great but not as perfect at the Cats. Just think: they eliminated Tampa, Bruins and Rangers, no easy feat!

The eons are closing
    Dear JT:

How's it hanging buddy? Hope the golf swing is rounding into form!
    Wanted to share this cool thing that happened to me; maybe one day it will happen for you too!
    Say hello to my godson, tell him I'll bring him the Cup when I visit so he can take pics with his godfather!

Your pal,
    - Kyle Okposo

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Nasty game. How these dudes don't get season/career ending injuries regularly is surprising as hell. Or maybe I just haven't watched enough hockey in my life. Go Cats. Still a long haul to go.

Yeah especially in the playoffs...what these players go through physically is crazy. Truly is the hardest earned trophy in all sports.

FLA definitely deserved that win last night. Very curious to see how these next 2 games in EDM go...can't see the oilers not bringin it in front of their fans, but can they handle the punishment the Panthers bring?

I'm still fuming over the cheap shot Drai gave Barkov. I think I heard on sports talk this morning that Barkov was cleared to play tomorrow. I still can't believe Drai wasn't ejected, fined, and suspended for game 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'm still fuming over the cheap shot Drai gave Barkov. I think I heard on sports talk this morning that Barkov was cleared to play tomorrow. I still can't believe Drai wasn't ejected, fined, and suspended for game 3.
    That is the definition of a cheap shot. I'm with you, he should have been tossed.

As long as you also think that Ekblad should also be suspended for his actions at the end of the game, you might have a case. To me, 5 minute major and a misconduct at best, not a suspension.

As long as you also think that Ekblad should also be suspended for his actions at the end of the game, you might have a case. To me, 5 minute major and a misconduct at best, not a suspension.
    Good point and I agree. I thought that was worse and total bullshit. Bouchard was actually trying to tap out!

I had to see on Youtube. Um, no comparison to the cheap shot (imo). Actually, I'm amazed at the restraint of the Panthers after the Barkov hit. There should have been a pier 6 brawl after that But then the there would definitely have been multiple suspensions, fines, etc.

I had to see on Youtube. Um, no comparison to the cheap shot (imo). Actually, I'm amazed at the restraint of the Panthers after the Barkov hit. There should have been a pier 6 brawl after that But then the there would definitely have been multiple suspensions, fines, etc.

The eons are closing
    Ekblad puts a legit sleeper hold on Bouchard that causes as much or more obvious distress as the Barkov debacle.

I say this as the guy who watched Dale Hunter obliterate Turgeon live, who saw Darcy Tucker end Mike Peca as an above avg player....and barfed when they became linemates. Those were catastrophic but instant.

What penalty can you put on the total mental damage at not actually being able to breathe and slowly falling unconscious as if you're dying.

Seriously It's in the video for all to see. That is not restraining...

Much like the Rangers, Edmonton is too soft and a step behind. Can't handle that Florida attack. Gonna be a miracle now to come back. Bummer, was hoping for more of a battle.

That was a nail biter in the third period. I was gonna pack it in when it was 4-1, but I've seen enough hockey now to know better.

Utah Hockey Club??

Much like the Rangers, Edmonton is too soft and a step behind. Can't handle that Florida attack. Gonna be a miracle now to come back. Bummer, was hoping for more of a battle.
    Yeah. I predicted in 7, and then revised to 6. I was still way to generous. lol Florida lifts the cup on saturday.

Utah Hockey Club??
    Hopefully this will be temporary because this would be the absolute worst decision they could make.

The eons are closing
    Utah Hockey Club??
    At least not named after a Disney movie....

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Hopefully this will be temporary because this would be the absolute worst decision they could make.
    It is temporary. They didn't have time to complete the naming rights, etc., before they had to make a commitment for 24/25.
    Last edited by oilersfan; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:23 PM.