Page 51 of 411 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 10270

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Sidney Crosby just named as a finalist for the Masterton award.

You know, the award given for perseverance, dedication to hockey and sportsmanship?!!!!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I just scored tickets to the Red Wings / Blackhawks game on Monday night. It is going to be a early fathers day present for my dad. I have never been to a playoff game before, so I am excited. The atmosphere in Detroit is electric during the playoffs, especially with our cross lake rivals as our opponenets. I am stoked!

Steve Sly
    What Scott said - the emotional intensity is unbelievable compared to regular season games. (And you get a free towel to wave.)
    Last edited by rottersclub; 05-14-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I wish there were more West fans to post in here.
    Given the weirdness of the schedule this year, I watched western conference games just about every night but I don't post nearly as much as I used to.

OK, it's time for your Round 2 Predictions.

I was 6-2 in Round 1 (I picked Anaheim and Washington, both in 7). Here are my picks:

Ottawa in 7 over Pittsburgh (Ottawa has overall better defence and goaltending. If their penalty killing is better than the Pens', they will win.)
    New York in 7 over Boston (King Henrik is the difference and Boston's defense is a little banged up)

San José in 7 over LA (once again, this is going to be a fantastic series. Two excellent playoff teams, but I think this is the year that San José finally plays to their potential)
    Chicago in 6 over Detroit (right now the Hawks are the best team in the playoffs)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn in post 1021
    . The sad thing about two Canadian teams playing each other is that one Canadian team has to be eliminated.
    I would now like to revise this statement...

The great thing about two Canadian teams playing each other is that at least one Canadian team has to make it to the next round.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    LOL - Tom, you must have a bigger one for the Habs.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    OK, it's time for your Round 2 Predictions.

Ottawa in 7 over Pittsburgh (Ottawa has overall better defence and goaltending. If their penalty killing is better than the Pens', they will win.)
    Well, they just gave up a pp goal 3 minutes into game 1 and Pitt looks very strong. But, they bounced right back. Could be a high scoring game.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    LOL - Tom, you must have a bigger one for the Habs.
    Actually, I don't. However, I have a bigger one... for the Leafs (again) :

Dad & son walk of shame to school!

Find it hard to believe anyone would put on a Leafs jersey today.
    First time in history a team has come from 3 goals down in the 3rd period of a playoff game and won.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Then you clearly don't understand the psyche of Leafs fans. They are die-hards and bleed blue. And last night they cried blue tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Thrilled to see Ovechkin have such a horrible playoff.

Dismayed that it comes at the hands of the Rangers.
    You can’t blame Ovechkin for being frustrated, what with the power play being the Capitals’ meal ticket and the officials canceling that ticket when they don’t whistle the Rangers for any penalties. (Washington had two power plays in Game 7, as did the Rangers.)
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You can’t blame Ovechkin for being frustrated, what with the power play being the Capitals’ meal ticket and the officials canceling that ticket when they don’t whistle the Rangers for any penalties. (Washington had two power plays in Game 7, as did the Rangers.)
    I don't blame him - I'm enjoying his tears.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Agreed "O" should be penalized at least on couple of occasions for boarding and for high elbow

First time in history a team has come from 3 goals down in the 3rd period of a playoff game and won.
    oh your one of those sports fans huh. theres been a lot worse than that happen in sports including bruins philly a few years ago. that was way worse, and i'm a bruins fan. up 3-0 in the series and then 3-0 in game 7 ? guess who won the cup aftre.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I just scored tickets to the Red Wings / Blackhawks game on Monday night. It is going to be a early fathers day present for my dad. I have never been to a playoff game before, so I am excited. The atmosphere in Detroit is electric during the playoffs, especially with our cross lake rivals as our opponenets. I am stoked!

Steve Sly

That's great, Steve ! One thing about both teams, they skate and skate and play puck possession. Neither team is going to goon it up or or engage in after-the-whistle crap.
    My prediction.... Blackhawks in 7

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    My last comment on the Leafs. It was truly a dismal failure to lose a substantial lead in the 3rd period of the final game in Boston. They didn't, however, get knocked our as a favoured team in the five game, they fought back from a 3-1 deficiet against a highly favoured team to make it to the final game fo the series. I'm proud about that and looking forward to a young and relatively inexperienced team in the next season.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Then you clearly don't understand the psyche of Leafs fans. They are die-hards and bleed blue. And last night they cried blue tears.
    Absolutely.That's a different between real fan and bandwagoneers.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Absolutely.That's a different between real fan and bandwagoneers.
    I guess I'd be too embarrassed and hurt to wear one that soon.

Chicago in 5
    Anaheim in 6
    San Jose in 6
    Kings in 6

Pittsburgh in 5
    Montreal in 6
    Rangers in 7
    Bruins in 6

Well I guess I did alright with the last picks going 6 for 8. Here goes round 2:

Pittsburgh in 6
    Rangers in 7
    Chicago in 6
    San Jose in 7

Breaking News -
    NEW YORK -- Yankee Stadium will host a pair of NHL games next season, with the New York Rangers playing the New Jersey Devils on Jan. 26 and the Rangers meeting the Islanders three days later.
    The NHL is increasing its popular outdoor games, which in the past had been limited to on or around New Year's Day. There likely will be six next season.
    Toronto and Detroit will meet at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor on Jan 1, the Anaheim Ducks will play the Los Angeles Kings at Dodger Stadium on Jan. 5 and the Chicago Blackhawks will host the Pittsburgh Penguins at Soldier Field on March 1.
    The games at Yankee Stadium were announced Wednesday. A game between Ottawa and Vancouver at BC Place on March 2 also is being planned.

Kewl.

Time will heal.No reason to embarrassing,hell of the battle.

If Leafs fans felt that way nobody would have worn a piece of Leafs gear for the last nine years! LOL!

The great thing about Toronto is that nobody seems to be putting the team down for the loss. Everyone is just thrilled that they made the playoffs and got as far as they did. I guess when you haven't even made the playoffs for this long, you celebrate every little victory that you can. Sad but true.

Not only that, but they're a young crew with a very bright future. Get used to being in the playoffs Leaf fans
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak