Page 51 of 132 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3292

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

CooterBrown.jpg

Sitting around the pool on a beautiful 80 deg evening, doing a bit of beer swapping...delicious and cheers!!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

First time with a Barrel Aged Victory at Sea. meh

I am in Stowe for a week and only 3/4 of a mile to the Alchemist, where we have stopped 4 times so far. Everything I packed to get here will all return on top of cases of beer

^

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    I am in Stowe for a week and only 3/4 of a mile to the Alchemist, where we have stopped 4 times so far. Everything I packed to get here will all return on top of cases of beer
    You should head over and check out Frost Beer Works in Hinesburg which is about a 40-mile drive from Stowe. They even got a mention in this article:

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...f-beer-writers

Edit: Actually, looks like you missed the window - they don't open again until Friday.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    You should head over and check out Frost Beer Works in Hinesburg which is about a 40-mile drive from Stowe. They even got a mention in this article:

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...f-beer-writers

Edit: Actually, looks like you missed the window - they don't open again until Friday.
    I picked up some Frost Lush and also a double IPA from Foley Bros that is delicious. Also from the Alchemist, besides Heady Topper I got Beezlebub, Crusher, and Scadoosh. A variety case of Stowe Cider and some of the more fancy bottles, one was done Ice Wine style then aged in Bourbon Barrels and was awesome. Some Lawsons Sip of Sunshine.

Alchemist was closed yesterday and today, but I am staying til Friday because other than today, it will be snowing the rest of the week.

Oh yeah, I had a Tree House Julius the other day, also in that article. Pretty tasty

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Any such article without Trillium is null and void.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Don't believe you. Bring some to ProgDay!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Probably! Surprised they could keep the article to just 33 beers...
    <sig out of order>

I picked up some Frost Lush and also a double IPA from Foley Bros that is delicious. Also from the Alchemist, besides Heady Topper I got Beezlebub, Crusher, and Scadoosh. A variety case of Stowe Cider and some of the more fancy bottles, one was done Ice Wine style then aged in Bourbon Barrels and was awesome. Some Lawsons Sip of Sunshine.

Alchemist was closed yesterday and today, but I am staying til Friday because other than today, it will be snowing the rest of the week.
    Glad you got your hands on some Lush and some Foley Bros. stuff! (Prospect? Fair Maiden? Pieces of Eight?) Good stuff. I had some Foley Bros. Pieces Of Eight and Citrennial this weekend. Pure beer bliss. Oh yeah, I also had a Frost Beer Works "Junior IPA" which was great too.
    <sig out of order>

It's KBS time!!

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    It's KBS time!!
    Last year it was really easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Last year it was really easy to get.
    Indeed. I still have some '17 left. Today I got a case of '18 very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Indeed. I still have some '17 left. Today I got a case of '18 very easily.
    I didn't get a chance to get any today, but will probably pick some up tomorrow. I am on a Facebook group called DrinkKalamazoo and there appears to be plenty of KBS around town.

Glad you got your hands on some Lush and some Foley Bros. stuff! (Prospect? Fair Maiden? Pieces of Eight?) Good stuff. I had some Foley Bros. Pieces Of Eight and Citrennial this weekend. Pure beer bliss. Oh yeah, I also had a Frost Beer Works "Junior IPA" which was great too.
    It was a Fair Maiden, wonderful full bodied. I tried one of the Lush last night and that was even better.

It was a Fair Maiden, wonderful full bodied. I tried one of the Lush last night and that was even better.
    For some reason Fair Maiden (which some compared to Heady Topper?...I didn't find them that similar) never did that much for me, but it's not bad. Lush is one of my favorites from Frost though.
    <sig out of order>

My week with The Alchemist...

Out of the 10 days I spent in Stowe, I visited the Alchemist 7 times. Had plenty of samples, made new friends with other patrons and the workers. The owner is originally from Pittsburgh so he just loves us Pennsyltuckians.
    They had the same 3 on tap all week, Beelzebub, Focal Banger, and Heady Topper but almost every day they had something extra in short QTYs of 4-packs. Between Stowe Cider and Alchemist, and a few other 4-packs I came home with over 5 cases of beverages. It was snowing the whole week so every time we were there it was a beautiful view. On our last night we decided to stop in one last time to get some Holy Cow, a Session IPA. While sampling and talking to a few workers just off their shift, we were offered a private tour. This has to be one of the best places to work. They get a decent salary, full medical benefits, exercise classes, a fully stocked lunch room so nobody ever has to go out or buy their own lunch. I didn't have my camera with me so the guy that gave us the tour took a few which we are waiting for him to send us. After the tour it was almost closing time and we got another glass of Heady. The guy comes back over with a bag containing 3 4-packs of Crusher, a little hoppier than Heady and says, here this is for you. He made our last night perfect. Trying to add some pics but it keeps telling me upload failed.....

We are going to the Twin Cities this weekend and oh, there will be a beer purchase that will sink the Family Truckster down to the axles. Stay tuned.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    IMG_0287.JPG

I treated myself this past weekend to some new discoveries (for me) and liked all of them very much:

• St. Peters Cream Stout - strong, very flavorful and rich but not cloying.
    • Petrus Old Bruin - a nice balance of flavors with a nice sourness like a farmhouse ale but more refined.
    • Sierra Nevada Trip to the Woods - I'm not usually a fan of flavored beers but I think they got this one right - barrel aged complexity with just a subtle hint of maple sweetness that appears in the after taste. Exceeded my expectations.

My week with The Alchemist...

Out of the 10 days I spent in Stowe, I visited the Alchemist 7 times. Had plenty of samples, made new friends with other patrons and the workers. The owner is originally from Pittsburgh so he just loves us Pennsyltuckians.
    They had the same 3 on tap all week, Beelzebub, Focal Banger, and Heady Topper but almost every day they had something extra in short QTYs of 4-packs. Between Stowe Cider and Alchemist, and a few other 4-packs I came home with over 5 cases of beverages. It was snowing the whole week so every time we were there it was a beautiful view. On our last night we decided to stop in one last time to get some Holy Cow, a Session IPA. While sampling and talking to a few workers just off their shift, we were offered a private tour. This has to be one of the best places to work. They get a decent salary, full medical benefits, exercise classes, a fully stocked lunch room so nobody ever has to go out or buy their own lunch. I didn't have my camera with me so the guy that gave us the tour took a few which we are waiting for him to send us. After the tour it was almost closing time and we got another glass of Heady. The guy comes back over with a bag containing 3 4-packs of Crusher, a little hoppier than Heady and says, here this is for you. He made our last night perfect. Trying to add some pics but it keeps telling me upload failed.....
    Very cool! That Crusher is pretty intense stuff.
    <sig out of order>

Very cool! That Crusher is pretty intense stuff.
    They lowered the alcohol to 8% from 9% but still delicious.

From The Alchemist I brought home Heady Topper, Crusher, Holy Cow, Beelzebub, and Skadoosh

Others included Foley Brothers, Frost, Sip of Sunshine, Trappe Trosten and a mixed case of hard cider from Stowe Cider.

Currently drinking a 2013 World Wide Stout from Dogfish Head. I've had it fresh and It's very good. First time having an aged one. 5 years has taken some of the edge off and improved this very much. Definitely going to let the rest of my WWS sit for a few more years!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Sitting here at Small City Tap House drinking beers brewed by JAFB Wooster (Single Forever IPA, JAFB Cream Ale, Columbia Coffee Porter so far,) enjoying a Vietnamese meal of Beef in spicy curry sauce, with coconut milk and peanuts, with rice, while watching the NCAA tournament.

Life is good.