Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3275

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

The Mrs. was notified that she's giving this to me for my birthday the night she sent me out to pick up some takeout that's next to a liquor store.
    It's sitting on the floor next to the door to the garage.

I'm going to Ft Wayne, Indiana for a concert next Friday, and as I often do when attending concerts 2 or 3 hours away, I'm staying overnight with the intention of hitting a couple of breweries on Saturday. My question...Does anyone know of any breweries which should not be missed in Ft. Wayne?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post

The Mrs. was notified that she's giving this to me for my birthday the night she sent me out to pick up some takeout that's next to a liquor store.
    It's sitting on the floor next to the door to the garage.
    Looks like a few (if not all) of these are brewed in Ghent. I like the beers from the Gulden Draak brewery, & the Piraat is excellent.

The Golden Dragon itself sits high & proud atop the old Belfry in Ghent, the middle of its distinctive row of three towers - & is the mascot of the town.

There are lots of wonderful places to drink beer in Belgium, but few are better than down by the river in the historic old centre of Ghent.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Recent drafts:

Last week I tried a Wolf Pack Pale Ale by Brewer's Cabinet (Reno, NV), named for the University of Nevada's sports teams.

Today, in the wonderful weather of Fake Summer, I had a Pliny The Elder IPA by Russian River (Santa Rosa, CA) and a Kilty Pleasure Scottish Ale by Fall River (Redding, CA). Yes, The River Knows. Alas, Fake Summer ends tomorrow with a forecast of snow and wind through the week. Nice while it lasted, as were the beers.
    Frog in boiling water

^ I've definitely been having a Beer Summer for some time now.

Recent Sierra drafts:

Lake Of The Sky-hoppy west coast DIPA flavored with spruce. Fantastic. Maybe my new favorite beer, nicknamed "Piney The Elder." A "forest beer" from The Good Wolf brewery, Truckee, California.
    Tree That Splits The Wind-brown ale flavored with spruce. Very good. A "forest beer" from The Good Wolf brewery, Truckee, California.
    Boca Gold-historical revival of California's first lager. Quite good. A "helles lager" from The Good Wolf brewery, Truckee, California.

Mammoth Pilsner-a decent but unexceptional pilsner (not knocking it, but I've had some very good pilsners lately, including Radeberger from Germany). From the excellent Mammoth Brewing Company, Mammoth Lakes, California.

Black IPA-tasty dark IPA. Alibi Ale Works, Incline Village, Nevada.
    Alibi IPA-delicious west coast IPA. Alibi Ale Works, Incline Village, Nevada.
    Frog in boiling water

The eons are closing
    Did three hours of lawn work and now treating myself to a new pilsner from Brooklyn: Grimm - Topos
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Burp!!!!

The World Beer Cup was held recently. Some of the award winners include:

Lahontan Brown, Shoe Tree Brewing Co., Carson City, NV. Silver medal, American Brown Ale

Totality, Fifty Fifty Brewing Co., Truckee, CA. Bronze medal, British Style Imperial Stout

Abiogenesis#10, IMBIB Custom Brews, Reno, NV. Silver medal, Mixed Culture Brett Beer (I don't know what Brett Beer is)

Peaklet Porter, Mountain Rambler Brewery, Bishop, CA. Silver medal, Robust Porter

Seven Gables, Mountain Rambler Brewery, Bishop, CA. Bronze medal, Scottish Style Ale

I listed only Eastern Sierra Nevada breweries, many of which I have visited. Complete list of winners:

https://www.worldbeercup.org/winners/current-winners/
    Frog in boiling water

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    The World Beer Cup was held recently. Some of the award winners include:

Lahontan Brown, Shoe Tree Brewing Co., Carson City, NV. Silver medal, American Brown Ale

Totality, Fifty Fifty Brewing Co., Truckee, CA. Bronze medal, British Style Imperial Stout

Abiogenesis#10, IMBIB Custom Brews, Reno, NV. Silver medal, Mixed Culture Brett Beer (I don't know what Brett Beer is)

Peaklet Porter, Mountain Rambler Brewery, Bishop, CA. Silver medal, Robust Porter

Seven Gables, Mountain Rambler Brewery, Bishop, CA. Bronze medal, Scottish Style Ale

I listed only Eastern Sierra Nevada breweries, many of which I have visited. Complete list of winners:

https://www.worldbeercup.org/winners/current-winners/
    Only two Michigan beers this year and only one brewery that I have actually been to (Silver Harbour Brewing).

The eons are closing
    Thnx for list - nine new Pilseners to try...

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I had my knee replacement 4 weeks ago today. I stopped drinking beer 3 weeks before that in preparation for the operation. Haven't had a beer since. Can't wait to start up again. It always tastes so good after being away for a while.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    I had my knee replacement 4 weeks ago today. I stopped drinking beer 3 weeks before that in preparation for the operation. Haven't had a beer since. Can't wait to start up again. It always tastes so good after being away for a while.
    That first beer after my knee replacements tasted mighty fine indeed. If I remember right I think I just went with a simple Two Hearted Ale.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    That first beer after my knee replacements tasted mighty fine indeed. If I remember right I think I just went with a simple Two Hearted Ale.
    You made the correct decision.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    The thought of my 1st beer sped me up getting off the painkillers.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Just found out that my favorite local brewery, Bone-Up, in Everett, MA (almost within walking distance), closed recently. My son suggested we go out for a beer as the day is beautiful for sitting outside with a beer. He looked up Bone-Up to see their hours and found that, due to a dispute with the landlord, they've been forced to halt expansion and close after 7.5 years in business. What a disappointment! They had the coziest taproom and a nice sunny outdoor patio. The beer was very good, and they were a bit less expensive than the other breweries in the area. And they played great music with occasional live shows. I am crushed!
    Lou

Damn that's a shame liked that place a lot.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

I was just sent this article. Thought it might be of interest here.

Anchor Brewing Is Being Revived by the Billionaire behind Chobani Yogurt
    Frog in boiling water

Took a road trip to Portland ME today and dropped in on Maine Beer, Bissell Brothers, Bellflower, Oxbow, Lone Pine, Allagash, Foundation, Definitive, Battery Steele & Geary. Came home with rather a lot of beer.
    Ian

I'm one of the 212.

^ I'll make it to Portland one of these years. Which brewery was your favorite on the trip, Ian?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I'll make it to Portland one of these years. Which brewery was your favorite on the trip, Ian?
    Maine & Bissell.
    Ian

I'm one of the 212.

^ I was expecting Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Took a road trip to Portland ME today and dropped in on Maine Beer, Bissell Brothers, Bellflower, Oxbow, Lone Pine, Allagash, Foundation, Definitive, Battery Steele & Geary. Came home with rather a lot of beer.
    Assuming my health issues are cleared up by then, we are supposed to be going on a cruise in October that sails out of Boston and goes up to Nova Scotia. One of the stops along the way is Portland Maine and one of the side trips offered is a bike trip where you bike to 5 different breweries. I don’t remember which ones are offered off the top of my head, but if my knee is up to it by then I hope to do that trip. I have never been to Main before.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Maine & Bissell.
    A few years ago, wifey and I went to Portland for a day trip. Great beer town. We spent some time at the Maine Brewery. Linda, who is really into solar power, was amazed by the huge, sun-tracking, solar array in front to the property. Excellent products, too.

Maine solar array.jpg
    Lou

Any of you guys going to ProgDay and driving? I need to find someone to ship beer to, PM me.
    Ian

I'm one of the 212.