Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kanye West 53M in debt?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The youth of today look up to this man.
    Don't speak for me.

And that Kardashian cult (kult?) is one of the more baffling phenomena of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucka001 View Post
    But is he his own producer? I'm just ignorant, I know next to nothing about the guy. Just wondering if it was his idea to sample people like Can and Laura Nyro or if it was some producer that was clued-in. If it was actually Kanye, and he's a fan of those people, my respect would probably have to go up a bit.
    He was a producer first, then became a rapper. I think he works with others on his own albums, so who knows where any specific sample came from. This is an example of his production work:

I was reading on Wiki how he moved to China with his mother when he was ten. That explains everything
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by zravkapt View Post
    You should all buy his new album. It features such poetry as: "If I fuck this model/ And she just bleached her asshole/ And I get bleach on my T-shirt/ I'mma feel like an asshole"
    Almost sounds Zappa-esque.

Seriously...if Kanye West is a 'genius'...then so am I.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/rabidrenfro -My Life

...on the other hand, the guy has sampled Can, Laura Nyro, and King Crimson (two of those artists I love, and I'm still a fan of the old KC). I wonder if he really is that clued-in to be into Can and Laura Nyro, or if it's just some producer with good taste who turned Kanye onto it.

I honestly do give him props for sampling such good stuff and *possibly* turning his fans onto it (hey, lotsa of Lady Gaga fans were leaving positive comments for VdGG songs on Youtube after Lady Starlight performed performance art to a whole bunch of VdGG songs in an opening slot on the Monsters Ball tour)
    I was going to say this----apparently his Mom---who he is very close to--- was a big classic rock fan and turned him on to these artists.

Nothing new for him. He's been morally bankrupt for years.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

what a naive world we live in when a piece of garbage like this gets taken so seriously by the mainstream media. he and his wife have the whole country wrapped around their finger. PATHETIC!

Yes, people fall for the continued Kanye/Kardashian promotional machine...

The answer to that $53 million question -- how the hell is Kanye West that deep in debt -- is that he isn't, but he does spend a ton ... on himself.

Sources connected to Kanye tell TMZ the number -- $53 mil -- reflects how much dough 'Ye has invested in his own companies related to fashion and music. For instance, we're told he's sunk $40 million alone into 3 seasons worth of Yeezy fashion!

Yeezy shoes are all the rage now, but we're told Kanye didn't get a dime from Nike when he created the first gen of the shoe. He funded the design out of his own pocket.

Additionally, we're told he spent several hundred thousands to build sets for his last tour, and to make his 2012 short film, "Cruel Summer."

The good news for Kanye is he'll make back his investment because he earns like crazy -- $22 million in 2015 and $30 million in 2014, according to Forbes.

Bottom line, no one's turning off his lights.

I am hoping that, in an apocalyptic event, Kanye West gets sucked up into Kim Kardashian's death star of an ass, and then like any black hole, she gets sucked in as well and both disappear into the galactic nothingness.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I see he asked Mark Zuckerberg for $1 billion. He should ask George W Bush.
    Or Donald Trump. Let's see how far he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Seriously...if Kanye West is a 'genius'...then so am I.
    Seriously... Are you a talentless hack who's a multi-multi-zillionaire? Who's the dummy?

I don't get the appeal of Kim K's giant ass but if it obliterates the two of them I'm all for it.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

**And the Kanye West saga continues.
    Just one day after the rapper claimed that he was $53 million dollars in personal debt, even asking Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg to invest in his ideas, West admits he's still rich enough to support his family. He just wants to other people to invest money in his dreams to "bring beautiful ideas to the world."**
    http://www.aol.com/article/2016/02/1...shia/21313126/
    **"I just feel rich people are always too cool to ask for help trying to impress each other at dinner parties," West writes on Twitter, adding: "I want to help the world and I need help to do it. I am an artist and I care about humanity." What does he need all this money for? It's all for his art. "Yes I am personally rich and I can buy furs and houses for my family, but I need access to more money in order to bring more beautiful ideas to the world," the rapper revealed.**
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Well, we all need furs.

But is he his own producer? I'm just ignorant, I know next to nothing about the guy. Just wondering if it was his idea to sample people like Can and Laura Nyro or if it was some producer that was clued-in. If it was actually Kanye, and he's a fan of those people, my respect would probably have to go up a bit.

(Also, love it or hate it, I thought that his perf on SNL this weekend was at least a bit out of the ordinary and interesting)
    Having good taste in music does not prevent one from being an utter knobcheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    Having good taste in music does not prevent one from being an utter knobcheese.
    Meh... It makes him a more interesting knobcheese. And, some of his music is already interesting.

...and he had the good sense to credit the five members of Can, along with himself (making the tune a six person composition), on the tune he sampled. That's undoubtedly translated into real $$ for those guys, so that's cool (I do know that the sampled party doesn't always get a writing credit in these cases).

He's in debt? Who cares?
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    He's in debt? Who cares?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zravkapt View Post
    You should all buy his new album. It features such poetry as: "If I fuck this model/ And she just bleached her asshole/ And I get bleach on my T-shirt/ I'mma feel like an asshole"
    So he rhymed "asshole" with "asshole?"

Hope it was Robert Fripp who sued the a..hole for 53 mill when he ripped a section of 21st Century Schizoid Man. Both West and rapper B.o.B. (the flat earth theory idiot) have to be the richest low-class, and highly uneducated pop music morons in the world today. F..k, in my youth, talentless douche bags like those two couldn't even be signed to any record contract. Thank God music genres like prog have survived and flourished, otherwise I would have jumped off a bridge long ago! But let morons be morons, as there are just millions in the same class as the previously mentioned who are just as stupid to keep shelling out their money, and boosting the ego's of those two and other similar maggot brains.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    He's in debt? Who cares?
    I was thinking the same thing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Hope it was Robert Fripp who sued the a..hole for 53 mill when he ripped a section of 21st Century Schizoid Man. Both West and rapper B.o.B. (the flat earth theory idiot) have to be the richest low-class, and highly uneducated pop music morons in the world today. F..k, in my youth, talentless douche bags like those two couldn't even be signed to any record contract. Thank God music genres like prog have survived and flourished, otherwise I would have jumped off a bridge long ago! But let morons be morons, as there are just millions in the same class as the previously mentioned who are just as stupid to keep shelling out their money, and boosting the ego's of those two and other similar maggot brains.
    Couldn't have expressed it better myself, thanks. IMO Taylor Swift is just a music cyborg generated by the Disney company, the other side of the POS pop music coin.

He's only been sued once for lifting a sample a few years back IIRC . . . and shit like that (fines) are often built into the operating budget anyhow, like any other big corporation.

Well if it's true then it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
    Last edited by kid_runningfox; 02-17-2016 at 01:34 AM.