Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

None of the following rang a bell?

Right after I joined around '02, '03 I remember seeing a member named "warrioress". She left not long after I started a thread about the use of the Confederate flag in music. (regarding Lynyrd Skynyrd- she was against it)
    I also remember one slightly obnoxious, shoot from the hip member. Smug & a bit confrontational. I think he was from the Netherlands or Switzerland. Maybe Germany. He liked to call people "mate" when he was arguing with them. I remember Jazzis didn't like him. Thought he was a Nazi. Ring any bells?

There were two Flemish Belgians posting here when I joined, but they hven't posted in at least 7 years... Willy was in (very) poor health - and he might have left for greener pastures, while Jan was much a much younger metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Fortunately I keep all profile photos of Goddess in my memory bank. Sadly, Lino in makeup also takes up space there.
    Those were the first two I thought about... Sara's cleavage pictures are difficult to forget

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Billy Sherwood
    Yuppets
    Martin Orford
    Geoff Downes ??

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    Wallace was not a bad guy, but he consistently got under the skin of the powers that be here. Was his friend KarnEvil9? I banned that guy from my own forum!
    both arsehole, got banned from PA many times

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    The beard was the partner of Goddess, I think.
    yup, but TBH, if I had much tolerance for her cleavage, I had very little for his cock-up attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Getting back to the topic at hand, one former moderator whom I miss is Raymond D. One of the truly great people I met on this board.
    Will always remember that someone had opened an introduction to RIO thread, and Ray posted a Janeiro link
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Just curious if anyone here knew who Z..bop was in real life? The way the guy posted, the way he wrote things, and his sense of humor was very much like a person I used to know who for years owned several record stores in my area. This guy was big into Yes and a few other prog bands although not really a prog head to the extent most of us here are. I know this guy was aware of progressive ears as I used to talk to him about it back when his store was still open. The name of his record store was "The Bop Stop". I always kind of thought it might be the same guy, but never found out for sure.

I remember hearing something about Z-Bop being in ill health at one time - not sure though. We was taking a long road trip IIRC too - and was going to meet up with Beth (SC) at some point - - -

Hope he's OK . . .

I miss Paige

I used to fantasize about seeing her naked...

I remember Rick and Roll. He had a radio show, iirc, and got pissed when threads went in a different direction to what he liked.

There was a rabbi too. Don't recall his name, but a very nice guy. Think he may have been in Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    None of the following rang a bell?

Right after I joined around '02, '03 I remember seeing a member named "warrioress". She left not long after I started a thread about the use of the Confederate flag in music. (regarding Lynyrd Skynyrd- she was against it)
    I also remember one slightly obnoxious, shoot from the hip member. Smug & a bit confrontational. I think he was from the Netherlands or Switzerland. Maybe Germany. He liked to call people "mate" when he was arguing with them. I remember Jazzis didn't like him. Thought he was a Nazi. Ring any bells?
    Nope. But I don't think I came aboard til 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I remember Jazzis didn't like him. Thought he was a Nazi. Ring any bells?
    I don't think calling an Israelli an Nazi very fitting (there a zions of fascists, though), but yeah, this Aidan guy was not very pleasant at all, to say the least (I guess his Jazzis vendor site - interesting catalogue, though - is long dead now)

Is MarinaOrgan still around?? I liked her a fait bit too.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I don't think Rickenbacker was calling Jazzis a Nazi - he was saying that Jazzis thought some other guy was one.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Also, what happened to Levgan, the Russian Cardiacs fan?
    I guess we miss posts on REAL prog rarities, to have the opportunity to see him around....
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I really do miss Alex Z-Bop.
    Liked him as well. He knew what he was talking about. I miss his posts.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

The beard was the partner of Goddess, I think.
    I think he was too, but I think they had a really bitter break up, or something (unless the whole thing was staged and those two were just taking the piss out of us). I remember he posted a picture of Goddess nude once. The nipples were "redacted", of course, but he had some us salivating over it. I'm not making this up. I'm sure Sean (not Cozy) remembers it.

SuppersReady101

Anyone remember him?
    Who could forget him? He was like the "mascot" back then. I remember one time he posted a "goodbye thread." Haven't seen one of those ("goodbye, my feelings are hurt, I'm leaving" threads) in probably 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    YogiBear (or something close)
    I don't think he ever transitioned over to the new PE (which was 4 years ago? ). Cool guy, very low key but had a lot of knowledge about extreme metal.

Not sure if she's been mentioned (I've completely forgotten her name/handle/whatever), but I'm sure you all (you veterans anyway) remember her. She was from New Jersey, very, very popular, was always up front in those group photos of Nearfest, and I remember she was a moderator for a while. She still around, or did she not transition over 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Ursula (Uschi)
    Not sure if that's the same girl I'm thinking of. There was this other British (or whatever) girl that hung out for a while. I think she was friends with Goddess/Sarah. She wasn't a chronic poster but I remember that most of her posts (music related) were about Styx, and she would defend them, especially Dennis DeYoung (I'm not referring to Melissa). I remember I checked out her profile pic several () times (no avatar, just the profile pic) and this really good looking chick is hugging a tree. Her thigh up against that tree trunk made my mouth water. Someone's gotta remember that chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    I don't think Rickenbacker was calling Jazzis a Nazi - he was saying that Jazzis thought some other guy was one.
    Yup, I might've read Rickenbacker wrong

Sorry if I did!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I think he was too, but I think they had a really bitter break up, or something (unless the whole thing was staged and those two were just taking the piss out of us). I remember he posted a picture of Goddess nude once. The nipples were "redacted", of course, but he had some us salivating over it. I'm not making this up. I'm sure Sean (not Cozy) remembers it.

Well, she wasn't exactly prude herself... she knew she had the looks and didn't hesitate exhibiting a bit of herself... Her last username was Misteress Purr (she might've even joined PE3.0)

I met Sara Austin (Goddess, Mistress Purr, etc.) 2 or 3 times when she came over for NFest or RFest and she was off the hook delightful, bawdy & fun. Sharp & smart as a whip too.

I believe she fell in love, got married & settled down and walked away from her former PE/FB persona (that is second hand info, however), where she (seriously) used to list her hobbies as "Sex, drugs & rock n' roll. Is there anything else?".

While she was extremely photogenic and had a very pretty face, to be truthful, she was, at the time, too "big" to even be considered "plus size model" size. Hopefully that's changed.

I liked her a lot and miss her wit as much as her tit(s).

Vic - you're thinking of Advent Alan's wife Amy (NJ PE moderator).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

The Amy that was the punctuation and grammer 'queen' ?? That stuff miffed her to no end...

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I remember Rick and Roll. He had a radio show, iirc, and got pissed when threads went in a different direction to what he liked.
    He still has his show and he is on Facebook. His father was my 7th grade math teacher. We were friends for a number of years until I asked him about his father.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Vic - you're thinking of Advent Alan's wife Amy (NJ PE moderator).
    Yeah, that's her. Whatever happened with her?

Da Mid West Gang has all but disappeared also...

Magog, Dale, Desdinova, Uncle Norm.....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Yeah, that's her. Whatever happened with her?
    She's still heavily around the Prog scene especially with NJ Proghouse, she posts on FB quite a lot. Lovely lady.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Da Mid West Gang has all but disappeared also...

Magog, Dale, Desdinova, Uncle Norm.....
    Luis occasionally pops up spitting bile & Rich Poston posts now and then
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.