Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Who was that guy again who alway wrote like this? :

hellothisisasentencewhichdoesnothaveanymeaningandi dontuseanypunctationorotheruselessstufftomakesomet hingreadable

Or that guy who alway wrote in Red and in rhymes?
    jgheist?
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    There was a woman who lived in Scotland, whose username was Uschi, but I think she was German. She hasn't been around for a while.
    WE are FB friends and she posts frequently. Same with Lino, Wease (we're neighbors), and a few others.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    jgheist?
    Is that the kid that threatened to blow up NF?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I wonder how many of the prodigals still read PE, even though they don't post here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    So it looks like a lot of people are mostly doing "FB" these days. I've never understood the appeal, but I've never even tried it so what do I know. For me the old fashioned "message board" and forums (I can't say "fora" sorry) work for me. Everything is nice and linear, and top-down.
    I use both. I'll never tire of the basic message board style of PE, I read it daily and enjoy it immensely. However FB is an excellent way to stay in touch with what my favourite bands are up to. For me, it's almost entirely about music. My friends and family are a pretty small percentage of what I use FB for. Once you've used it for a while, you learn how to 'prune' your newsfeed to your tastes. Anyone who talks politics or shares photos of their dinner is almost instantly 'hidden' from my feed. Whereas Adrian Belew sharing stories of his days with Zappa & Bowie? THAT I want to see as much of as possible. There are a lot of musicians who post frequently on FB, and unless someone shares it here or elsewhere, you won't see it.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    "Just curious if anyone here knew who Z..bop was in real life?"

Yeah, I met him at a few shows here in town. Nice guy that talked normally. Last I recall I remember him dissing PE on FB. Guess his last days here rubbed him the wrong way. No idea why.

He's not the first one I have run into outside of here with a similar story.

Can't please everyone, can we? And why should anyone hang around here forever anyway? For some it's just a phase that peaks and diminishes.

Come here with no expectations and you'll never leave here disappointed.
    If he lived in your area he must not be the same guy I was thinking of then.

Assaf Vestin (Avestin)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Avestin was a great source of knowledge and his taste aligned with mine very often. He is missed.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    jgheist?
    Not sure, I think the punctuation less guy was prognoir or something close....

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    Wallace was not a bad guy
    An apex asshole--and the faux brogue didn't help--but he knew this shit inside/out, and thus the forum is diminished by his absence.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I don't really keep a running tab of who I like or dislike and tend to compartmentalize from thread to thread. I rarely get really peaved at anyone and if I do its short lived. To my knowledge no one has a dislike of me but if they did I don't know that I'd dwell on it, except I might apologize if my trespass was explained to me. I would assume that if I got under anyone's skin they'd just ignore my posts if they thought me a pest or worse. Same with me; I don't actively have anyone on 'ignore' but do rarely respond to those I don't "get". I do tend to avoid threads when they become laser tag zones between factions of what I call ProQuest Commandos, who endeavor to present themselves as experts of everything and will tear asunder years-long friendly associations for the sake of winning a message board debate.

I'm guessing some older members move on and replace one hobby or passion or obsession for another or they just plain old outgrow this prog thing. But to leave in a huff and speak badly about a message board elsewhere... that's possibly due to not receiving the desired interactions one seeks when they join message boards. I stopped popping into a couple of hobby message boards because of low activity or because they stopped appealing to me. But when ya leave all butt-hurt and carry a grudge, well, it's just like Johnny Lee sang, "you were looking love in all the wrong places".

He was never a high-volume poster, but project2501 hasn't been around in ages. Bill's a good dude, I hope he's well. Likewise, Roddenberry, the esteemed monsieur Dansereau, is missed.

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    An apex asshole--and the faux brogue didn't help--but he knew this shit inside/out, and thus the forum is diminished by his absence.
    Jymbot or Wallace (or whatever) sneeked into the Forum in various disguises over the last years, he got banned very soon each time...

What good is all that knowledge if no one understands you? What good is all that knowledge if one is an Apex A-hole? .

How about running fox? (Was that his handle?)

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    How about running fox? (Was that his handle?)
    I believe it's kidrunning fox (?) and if it's whom I'm thinking of, he has returned from the nether world and is posting regularly.

Yeah Mark's around here somewhere...still being all smart n stuff.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    He's teaching in China these days.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Anyone remember Kenny Soloman? I forget what his handle was but I've hung out with him. Haven't seen him in 3-4 years. He lives in Broward County so I don't get up that way since I stopped working in Fart Lauderdale.

The eons are closing
    The original MudShark was caught in the backblast when he accidentally pulled a constipated TooTall's finger.

I am the 22nd clone and thus far, the most stable.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Jymbot or Wallace (or whatever) sneeked into the Forum in various disguises over the last years, he got banned very soon each time...
    For those who have never met Wallace, this is what he looks like(the old man on the bus) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdlYYHGn4aU

What he looks like, or actually him, Jim?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

That's just how I pictured him, right down to the shoes and the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    The original MudShark was caught in the backblast when he accidentally pulled a constipated TooTall's finger.

I am the 22nd clone and thus far, the most stable.
    there you are you Islander bastard! Too Tall is still well and good leaving a glorious green cloud all over Facebook.

Another old pal that frequented here was ErogenousZone. Good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    What he looks like, or actually him, Jim?
    The former. I met up with him many years ago when I was on a business trip to Toronto, and we spent an afternoon hitting all the local stores. He also took me to see a rare record dealer("The Golem" or some such ridiculous moniker)who was apparently his mentor.