Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1828

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

Wow, amazing that a few characters on this board keep coming back under different pseudos (not thinking of Svettie, here )

I have a hard time following who is who, let alone who was who.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Not to stir the pot.....but I see RCarlberg disappeared again in January. Any ideas? I know "Mr. Crankypants" riled a few of you over the years but I never had a problem with him. He never missed a chance to call someone out.....but.... I think that nit picking helped keep this place a fact-based forum we enjoy today. When I post here, I try to find as many Facts as possible so as to not get called out....when I do make a mistake, someone will call me out and I appreciate it.
    Never minded him, but indeed he's been very erractic and seems frustrated in life.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I'll see if Chris shows up at Orion tomorrow night.
    I saw him last night be he skipped out before I had chance to talk with him.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Correct. Good to know he's still out there. I'd been wondering where the frell he's been!
    He just posted on my Judas Preist thread on the off-topic page, so he is still here.

I'm pretty sure Guitar Geek is active on Facebook. I'm not "friends" with him on there though but I know I've seen him pop up.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I'm pretty sure Guitar Geek is active on Facebook. I'm not "friends" with him on there though but I know I've seen him pop up.
    Yes he's very active on FB.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

He may have seen this thread, because he's posting on PE again.

Prog Corner Scott has disappeared. Iirc, he did an unironic YouTube video in which he claimed that Prog had ruined his life. I hope he didn't do anything drastic, like start listening to Hip-hop.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Prog Corner Scott has disappeared. Iirc, he did an unironic YouTube video in which he claimed that Prog had ruined his life. I hope he didn't do anything drastic, like start listening to Hip-hop.
    He’a running wild on youtube. Now over 10,000 subscribers and climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    I have seen youtube vids of him, and not until now did I realize......

wow.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm afraid to look. He hasn't lost his old-timey, folksy charm, has he?
    I just discovered his YouTube channel recently (I had no idea he was a member here). I find some of his stuff pretty entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    He had a big bump up in views after being a guest on SOT with Peter Pardo. Scot does post frequently on Prog Archives though. Good guy and a great youtuber. I watch his "shows" when I can.

I myself was away for a bit due to my one cat chewing the wire on my cable which took out my internet and cable tv. It's amazing how 7-10 days can seem like a really long time without the internet.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

I myself was away for a bit due to my one cat chewing the wire on my cable which took out my internet and cable tv. It's amazing how 7-10 days can seem like a really long time without the internet.
    Best Buy stocks coaxial A/V cables of varying lengths. They also have free shipping if you're too lazy to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Best Buy stocks coaxial A/V cables of varying lengths. They also have free shipping if you're too lazy to drive.
    Well, the guy came out and fixed it. He had to install part of a new wire. The new part where the cat chewed the old part is now tucked under the carpet so problem solved? Hopefully. I'm not sure if your suggestion would fix my issue but thanks for the suggestion anyway. I do try to do things myself when possible. I actually once bought wire trimmers to fit speaker wire back into my speakers.I don't remember the details but I do remember my cats were responsible for that issue also.

He had a big bump up in views after being a guest on SOT with Peter Pardo. Scot does post frequently on Prog Archives though. Good guy and a great youtuber. I watch his "shows" when I can.

Nice cat, does it have a stone marten in it's ancestry? Those animals seem to have been responsible for some internet problems in France during the Olympic games. My first cat destroyed a lot of headphones that way and once disconnected my phone. That was before cellphones existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Nice cat, does it have a stone marten in it's ancestry? Those animals seem to have been responsible for some internet problems in France during the Olympic games. My first cat destroyed a lot of headphones that way and once disconnected my phone. That was before cellphones existed.
    I don't know what a stone marten is but probably not. They have chewed through pants, shirts, blankets and also have chewed on paper, books and cds (yes, cds but not the glass jewel case ones). At one point it seemed like I may as well have had pet goats. I don't think they are as bad as they used to be though.

I don't know what a stone marten is but probably not. They have chewed through pants, shirts, blankets and also have chewed on paper, books and cds (yes, cds but not the glass jewel case ones). At one point it seemed like I may as well have had pet goats. I don't think they are as bad as they used to be though.
    I ment this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beech_marten

I know Siamese cats are known for their love for chewing socks, but well, other cats are not imune for weird chewing habits. My parents had a Siamese which was very fond of chewing on packages with paper handkerchiefs. You could throw them away after that, because they were soaked with saliva.

I see TheLoony hasn’t posted since April. Anyone hear from him?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

It just occurred to me that l haven't seen a post from Mike Keneally in quite awhile. Did he just lose interest, or stop posting for some other reason?

Another 'whatever happened to' for me is Adam Levin, does anyone remember him? I don't think he was ever a PE member, but in the 90s when my friend Jay and I used to drive to Baltimore and Philly all the time to Orion shows or to see echolyn l would always see him and we got to be 'prog buddies'. He was a Progday attendee also and played with his band The Dark Aether Project the year PD was at the Cat's Cradle. He attended the PD was at the high school which was the last time l saw him. I vaguely remember a disagreement with a member of another band at the time (which l must say l heard about second- and third-hand) so maybe that is why he disappeared long ago?
    Anyway he is (hopefully is) a really good guy and hope he is doing well.
    And will l wait forever beside the silent mirror and fish for bitter minnows amongst the weeds and slimy water?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Next time I talk with Mike Potter I'll ask him if he has heard from him.

Thanks, that would be great.
    And will l wait forever beside the silent mirror and fish for bitter minnows amongst the weeds and slimy water?

^^^^^

Adam is a friend on FB

He is married with children (now grown)

He was in Australia (iirc ) for at least a decade and maybe two and is now in Annapolis. Seems to be fine.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"the masses have spoken, and this has appropriately vanished into the great Prog boner pile in the sky."

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I haven't seen "Just Eric" post in the movie or TV threads for quite some time. Where is he?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I haven't seen "Just Eric" post in the movie or TV threads for quite some time. Where is he?
    He's on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    ^^^^^

Adam is a friend on FB

He is married with children (now grown)

He was in Australia (iirc ) for at least a decade and maybe two and is now in Annapolis. Seems to be fine.
    That is fantastic to hear, thanks Steve.
    If you happen to think of it please tell him l said hello.
    Last edited by veteranof1000psychicwars; 1 Day Ago at 08:49 PM.