Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Prog T- shirts

I've got one with Julio Iglesias on it. From his progressive phase.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Would love an XTC - English Settlement one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-shirts at Steven Wilson's show yesterday were selling for 40.00... Now I know why I don't own too many concert t-shirts any more.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Progbear reminded me: I've also gotten a lot of wear out of my Camel 2009 Farewell Tour shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    T-shirts at Steven Wilson's show yesterday were selling for 40.00... Now I know why I don't own too many concert t-shirts any more.
    If memory serves...I saw $150 hoodies and $75 Hockey jerseys at the last RUSH show.

I once bought a 75.00 football jersey at a Tull show in '02. It caught my eye because it was the in the Raiders colours. It was a crappy shirt that I soon gave away to Goodwill.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I need more t-shirts as much as I need deer antlers growing out of my ass, but for the past few hours I've been doing the "Shit, why didn't I buy the Hatfield shirt too" dance, so I paid the extra shipping & ordered it. Amazingly had the smallest smidgen of will power left to not peruse them all again.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    A guy who goes to my wears SHORTS if you please, with the name "Venom" emblazoned on them. I think it's the only time I've seen anyone displaying their fandom on anything other than a T-shirt.
    Paal Nilssen-Love's Large Unit was selling underwear at their merch table when I saw them last year. With "Large Unit" printed on the crotch, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Forty bucks is nothing. I saw $400 T-shirts for sale at Niemen Marcus in San Francisco last year. Um, I didn't buy one.

I got rid of most of the band or festival T-shirts I used to own. They were all L or XL and since dropping from 200lbs to ~160 in recent years I couldn't wear them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I've got one with Julio Iglesias on it. From his progressive phase.
    Holy shit - that's amazing!! Does that one have the official built-in 38 D cup, too? I love that style. Did he sign it with his junk too?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I need more t-shirts as much as I need deer antlers growing out of my ass, but for the past few hours I've been doing the "Shit, why didn't I buy the Hatfield shirt too" dance, so I paid the extra shipping & ordered it. Amazingly had the smallest smidgen of will power left to not peruse them all again.
    Ha! Awesome. I fuckin love band T-shirts!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Holy shit - that's amazing!! Does that one have the official built-in 38 D cup, too? I love that style. Did he sign it with his junk too?
    Nah Frankie, it kinda extends into a large cape-like affair on the back, stretching down to floor level in two tips swaying to each side and forming in the shape of a cupp'of dingly rubber dix enhanced by inner ipods automatically generating a tune when touching softer parts of the ground:

"Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Oh yeah... I also have a Crack The Sky T-shirt worn by John Palumbo at a softball game vs. The Atlanta Rhythm Section, that I got from the famed ARS roadie Jerry Coody.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Jimmy Herring (came with the order of the album):

Attachment 7001

The so called Ibby shirt from Happy The Man, which I bought while I visited the USA for the first time when attending Nearfest 2000 (Guy Babylon wears it in this video)

Why is this called Las Vegas Twister? Or did something odd come up in the title of the video?

The only actual prog shirt I have is a Yes Fragile from 2002. I'm a gonna get that Spock's shirt earlier in the thread.

Somehow, I lost my Rainbow shirt from the last tour. Never been able to find one but it's been a while since I searched. Not seeing one in any of the links so far. Anyone see one recently?
    Last edited by TheLoony; 03-04-2016 at 07:54 PM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I had the Rainbow Rising shirt back in the day, that was probably my favorite
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I popped for The Caves of Altamira & See Emily Play, Frankie.
    Just got em - Fruit of the Loom and great quality - great score!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Just got em - Fruit of the Loom and great quality - great score!
    Sweet! That's pretty speedy from the UK. "Fruit" & Gilban t's seem to hold up better than the rest.

I own a red union suit, complete with functional trap door, that was a Christmas gift a few years back. Our friends had "Progeezer" monogrammed on said trap door.

There may even be one or two in this thread that had the pleasure of seeing me in it at a Friday night RoSFest afterparty a couple of years ago. Several people took pics (of the buttoned up ass door of course).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

2882-p_333.jpg
    Uz Isme Doma : Hollywood , UID have really cool Shirts, looking forward to the RIO.
    moth-front.jpg
    SGM : Moth, maybe my favourite , the graphic is awesome,
    T-shirt_5.jpg
    Il Tempio Delle Clessidre : hourglass Shirt, quite simple, I like especially the handwritten title.
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    2882-p_333.jpg
    Uz Isme Doma : Hollywood , UID have really cool Shirts, looking forward to the RIO.
    I'm hoping they will have some good XXL shirts at RIO.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

"Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Phil Collins ruined tee shirts.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

I wish I could find a men's t-shirt I saw once years ago on a woman and never forgot. I asked her at the time where she got it, but she was as communicative as anyone who's had their tongue removed.

It was a photo of Karen Carpenter sitting behind her drum kit looking very thin and tired, wearing a skimpy tank top.

She is grinning, and playing (or posing as if she is playing). Her left hand, in a jazz grip, is playing her hi-hat, and her right arm, with a stick in it, is raised in the air & she's flipping the bird to one & all.

Definitely a "double take" t-shirt.

EDIT: This was pre-photoshop.

http://www.djtees.com/product/can-future-days-t-shirt/

They have some nice Tees, cllassic rock, psy, label tees etc. and a couple of Prog ones : Soft machine, TD Gong , Can, K Ayers

Sax Ruins.jpg

one of the last tees I bought
    Sax Ruins, they will be on tour in Europs in summer btw
    Last edited by alucard; 07-20-2016 at 10:19 AM.
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

I rarely buy myself any more t-shirts . . . but more for my kids. Most recently Russian Circles, Godspeed YBE, and Boris . . .

My most prized is a 1973 King Crimson white long-sleeve t-shirt from LTiA . . . it's still in pretty good shape.

I recently purchased a Hatfield and The North and a Soft Machine(The Soft Machine-from the first s/t) tee shirt.I have a Henry Cow tee in the mail to me now from England.

I know they're "unofficial",show me a place to buy an official tee and i'll gladly do so and rip up my old unofficial tees.

I have official Cardiacs and King Crimson tees. That's all i got.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide