Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: The RIP Thread

RIP Kinky Friedman

So long Kinky. Almost certainly the first person to write a comedy song about an active shooter situation.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Bassist Tom Fowler, best known for playing on many of Frank Zappa's most popular albums (Over-Nite Sensation, Apostrophe, Roxy and Elsewhere, One Size Fits All among others) passed away yesterday.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Bassist Tom Fowler, best known for playing on many of Frank Zappa's most popular albums (Over-Nite Sensation, Apostrophe, Roxy and Elsewhere, One Size Fits All among others) passed away yesterday.
    Fowler's passing is unconfirmed at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Fowler's passing is unconfirmed at this time.
    Confirmed by Arthur Barrow on his FB page.

Also posted by his niece Rhea Fowler on Instagram.

Tom Fowler was my favorite Zappa bassist. RIP.

It looks like Arthur and Rhea's confirmations are all we are likely to get. RIP Tom. Fantastic bassist in many people's favorite Zappa lineup. Also played on Steve Hackett's 'Please Don't Touch' album.

Tom Fowler was an incredible bass player. RIP.

I heard he passed as soon as he entered hospice on July 2nd. (From Jimmy Johnson). . RIP
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

The bassist Jimmy Johnson? Sad news but good that you heard from him. (Johnson and Tom's brother Walt Fowler play with James Taylor.)

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    The bassist Jimmy Johnson? Sad news but good that you heard from him. (Johnson and Tom's brother Walt Fowler play with James Taylor.)
    I’m in another online forum where Jimmy is active. It’s not about his work….more about our mutual admiration of Alembic basses. A real down to earth guy. In that forum, he is always ready to help others with their basses.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I recently watched a dvd from The Band From Utopia to honour the late Ed Mann. Tom Fowler was also in that band....
    RIP

Tom Fowler also played in Jean Luc Ponty's band for a few albums after Zappa, and played with Ray Charles for several years.