Page 155 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 3978

Thread: And the best Black and White movie ever is:

^^ A total classic! I first saw it in high school.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

NPR Show Fresh Air: Revisiting The Genius Of Buster Keaton

I haven't listened to this yet, but I plan to soon.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I just finished streaming The Postman Always Rings Twice on TCM. Sorta. TCM cut off the last 30 seconds of the movie.

I should be pissed but it's really not that good of a movie. It's dated and overrated. But still... WTF!
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I just finished streaming The Postman Always Rings Twice on TCM. Sorta. TCM cut off the last 30 seconds of the movie.

I should be pissed but it's really not that good of a movie. It's dated and overrated. But still... WTF!
    I watched it for about the 10th time when it was aired a couple nights ago. Yes, dated, but not sure about overrated, though I really don't know how well it's rated. The Hume Cronin character is the most intriguing; his convoluted way of getting John Garfield and Lana Turner off the hook the first time is fascinating.

Alan "Fred Flintstone" Reed sure takes it on the chin pretty good.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Yesterday on TCM was a Vincent Price marathon, he's always fascinating to watch no matter what dreck he's in.

Friday, I have the DVR set for The Wild Bunch
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Hey Jerol, did you know TCM has an app, and as long as TCM is provided by your cable provider, you can stream movies through your Fire Stick?

Hey Jerol, did you know TCM has an app, and as long as TCM is provided by your cable provider, you can stream movies through your Fire Stick?
    I can watch live online with no app.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I can watch live online with no app.
    Well, of course. But you're tied to your computer. With the TCM app for Fire Stick, you can watch on your TV.

I did not know that. Of course, our entire cable system is run through FireStick, our provider has their own app.

In other news, it is time for the purging of streams. I will say goodbye to Paramount+ in a few days when we finish Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. My wife wants MST3K and I guess that's on Peacock so I have to explore the options on that.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Of course, our entire cable system is run through FireStick, our provider has their own app.
    The great thing about the TCM app is that there's always times when you're going to miss something and you can go back and see if they've put it up to stream. There are currently 208 movies available to stream.

I will say goodbye to Paramount+ in a few days when we finish Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.
    What have you thought of SNW? I liked it as much as, maybe more than, TNG.

My wife wants MST3K and I guess that's on Peacock so I have to explore the options on that.
    Yeah but she also wanted a boa constrictor, so...

Just sayin'.

Well, of course. But you're tied to your computer. With the TCM app for Fire Stick, you can watch on your TV.
    I can use an HDMI cable from my computer to my TV.

That's what I used to do before I got a Fire Stick.

What have you thought of SNW? I liked it as much as, maybe more than, TNG.
    Loving it. The musical episode was indeed a bit much but there were some really great voices in that cast: the actors playing Uhura, Chapel, and La'an obviously have musical theater experience. And I was pleasantly surprised that Rebecca Romijn can more than carry a tune. As if I didn't love her enough already. I'm not a fan of musical theater BUT I appreciate the craft involved in the voices. Now, on to the final episode.

That's what I used to do before I got a Fire Stick.
    Which means I don't need one, right?

Which means I don't need one, right?
    You also dont "need" indoor plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    You also dont "need" indoor plumbing.
    You better believe I do. I have a wife and three daughters.

Looks like we're currently in the midst of a Bogey marathon on TCM. "To Have and Have Not" is on right now. "Maltese Falcon" next.

Me-TV is showing "Frankenstein" and I have it on with the sound down while listening to a ballgame. I tuned in just in time to see the scene with little Maria. Such a great movie. Just one iconic scene after another.

In Primes vast collection , an Allen Ladd BW called Man in A Net. Ladd's wife is killed and he is framed for it. Somewhere around the Shane era , a little after maybe. Its a solid outing for Ladd , but not a classic. I never heard of this one , so just from that perspective it deserves a viewing from fans. Recognizable supportng cast. Sufficently twisty.

"Cape Fear" is on TCM tonight at 8:00 EST, followed by "The Night of the Hunter."

Satyajit Ray's Apu Trilogy!
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

"Cape Fear" is on TCM tonight at 8:00 EST, followed by "The Night of the Hunter."
    I was always a Hugh fan of Cape Fear. Mitchum was perfect.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    I was always a Hugh fan of Cape Fear. Mitchum was perfect.
    Yep, it's just one of the best movies ever. The De Niro version is really good in it's own way. But this one is better, IMO.

I was just reminded of something I was going to post 5 days ago after seeing that Wait Until Dark is going to be on TCM on the 22nd.

Who do you think are the great movie villains?

My picks:

Henry Fonda in Once Upon a Time in the West. The most cold-blooded killer in movie history?
    Robert Ryan in Billy Budd (which I just saw again a few weeks ago). A real sadist.
    Alan Arkin in Wait Until Dark. Arkin in this movie epitomizes "menacing".
    Robert Mitchum in Night of the Hunter. He comes across to me as a psychopath.
    Ernest Borgnine in From Here To Eternity. Another sadist.