Page 98 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 4001

Thread: And the best Black and White movie ever is:

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Well, I'm still in the dark. Looks French. Bet it's someone I should know.
    Oh definitely.

If you highlight this next section, you can see who it is: Suzanne Pleshette. <--

But you're right. She does look French.
    “The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

Her initials are ##
    Just saw the answer above. I had it. Uniquilly hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Oh definitely.

If you highlight this next section, you can see who it is: Suzanne Pleshette. <--

But you're right. She does look French.
    Never would have guessed. Is that from a film or a stock photo?
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Her initials are ##
    Just saw the answer above. I had it. Uniquilly hot.
    What was the giveaway?

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I didn't know either, but found out via search.

The eyes could be a giveaway.
    I don't know Ron, there are a lot of eyes like that. Would not have helped me.

Even her name sounds delicious.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I never thought of that before but you're absolutely right. I always thought she was a very lovely woman, especially during her time on The Bob Newhart Show.

Here's another picture of her from 1969:

“The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

Never would have guessed. Is that from a film or a stock photo?
    A stock photo, I guess. I can't remember where I found it. Sorry.

What was the giveaway?
    I recognized her immeadiatly. I have seen at least one of her early movies , there was one where she was an American student in Europe , Rome? , something to do with a book store maybe and romantic stuff. There were probably a few more I don't remember at the moment. Also a long term crush helped.

Checked IMDB. The movie I was thinking of was Rome Adventure from 62. It did involve a bookstore . And romance.
    Her filmography reminded me of , amoung others , her appearences in Nevada Smith , Mr Buddwing , The Birds.
    Mr Buddwing is a cool pic with James Garner I discovered on TCM some years back. A little Twilight Zoney , definitely worth catching when TCM plays it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I never thought of that before but you're absolutely right. I always thought she was a very lovely woman, especially during her time on The Bob Newhart Show.

Here's another picture of her from 1969:

That's a better photo, you can see more of her head and face.

Checked IMDB. The movie I was thinking of was Rome Adventure from 62. It did involve a bookstore . And romance.
    Her filmography reminded me of , amoung others , her appearences in Nevada Smith , Mr Buddwing , The Birds.
    Mr Buddwing is a cool pic with James Garner I discovered on TCM some years back. A little Twilight Zoney , definitely worth catching when TCM plays it.
    Liked her in Nevada Smith. Her hair was much longer and certainly a little younger. She has an interesting cheek bone area. High?

Waiter, where's my order of, Pleshette Suzanne?

Does she look a little like Streisand?

That's a better photo, you can see more of her head and face.
    She's also a little older.

Liked her in Nevada Smith. Her hair was much longer and certainly a little younger. She has an interesting cheek bone area. High?
    I think the only movies I've seen her in are The Birds, The Ugly Dachshund (I know I've seen it but I remember nothing about it), and Support Your Local Gunfighter (I remember her being in it but that's all).

I really liked her in The Birds. She was my kind of woman.

Waiter, where's my order of, Pleshette Suzanne?

Does she look a little like Streisand?
    Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I just looked at some photos of Babs and see no resemblance whatsoever.

Of all the beautiful actresses I've seen over the years, Suzanne Pleshette will always be one of my favorites.

BTW, I knew she was married to Tom Poston at the time of his death but what I just found out is that they also had a relationship way back in the late '50s. Here's a nice little tribute from the Chicago Tribune: Remembering Suzanne Pleshette.

And one from the New York Times, which isn't much more than a recap of her career. Read it anyway, if only for the last two paragraphs: Suzanne Pleshette, 70, ‘Newhart’ Actress, Dies

Hal, I have no issue with any couple, but Tom seemed a little reserved for her. IMO of course.

In the Birds, she did have a strong constitution. The new woman of the man she once carried for, is now in her house. She swallows this and remains cordial. I'm just one of many who knows very little about women but isn't this unusual?

In the Birds, she did have a strong constitution. The new woman of the man she once carried for, is now in her house. She swallows this and remains cordial. I'm just one of many who knows very little about women but isn't this unusual?
    She probably figured if the birds ate Tippi she'd be back in the game. Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.

She probably figured if the birds ate Tippi she'd be back in the game. Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.
    Well, it was really Mitch's mother that broke them up in the first place. So, the old lady has to go along with Tippi. That's a lot just to get back in.

I've been watching reruns of The Bob Newhart Show lately, on FETV (they actually just stopped showing it about a month ago, but anyway...). She was great on that show. I loved the interaction between her and Bob, in bed, when he'd say something stupid, turn the lights off, then she'd turn them back on, and say, "Wait a minute!".

I also lvoed the shot of her in the opening credits of the first couple seasons, where she's standing at the window, and she turns to look to the camera. Very hot looking in that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I loved the interaction between her and Bob, in bed, when he'd say something stupid, turn the lights off, then she'd turn them back on, and say, "Wait a minute!".
    Gotta admit, that last scene of "Newhart," when she reprised her role and turned on that light, was brilliant.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Tonight on TCM , The Lady Eve at 945. You've got 17 minutes to microwave the popcorn.

Gotta admit, that last scene of "Newhart," when she reprised her role and turned on that light, was brilliant.
    In case no one read the Times article, here are the last two paragraphs:

Arguably Ms. Pleshette’s most memorable television moment was not in “The Bob Newhart Show” but in the final episode of “Newhart.” On May 21, 1990, Mr. Newhart’s character, Dick Loudon, was hit in the head by a golf ball and woke up to find himself in Dr. Robert Hartley’s bed, with his beautiful, unfailingly sane wife, Emily, at his side. The whole second sitcom had been a nightmare.

The episode was considered one of the most successful series finales in television history, partly because it managed to remain a secret until it was broadcast. As time passed, some found the scene a useful metaphor for hopes that a difficult situation might turn out to be just a bad dream. In 1999, a headline in the humor publication The Onion read, “Universe Ends as God Wakes Up Next to Suzanne Pleshette.”

I seem to remember that when the first Newhart series got under way, the director or producer got a giant bottle of whiskey from Pleshette's husband. Attached was a note: you're gonna need this.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Tonight on TCM , The Lady Eve at 945. You've got 17 minutes to microwave the popcorn.
    Caught it. Newman knew what he was doing.