Page 9 of 160 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: And the best Black and White movie ever is:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Young Frankenstein
    In The Heat Of The Night
    In The Heat of the Night, was in color but a great movie non the less.
    The older I get, the better I was.

My favorite is "It's A Wonderful Life".

The Invisible Man
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    The Invisible Man
    Never saw it.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The Invisible Man
    The Universal one is definitely a favorite of mine. I'd spend the rest of my life in that inn if I could, always a cold, snowy night.

Looks like for October TCM is going to run Frankenstein films on Sundays and Christopher Lee on Mondays. Fire up your DVRs
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    TCM kicks off October in high form Sunday night with "Frankenstein," "The Bride of Frankenstein" and "Son of Frankenstein." The third one (which is actually quite good in its own right) has Lugosi in one of his greatest roles as Ygor. That was the introduction of the Ygor (often misspelled as Egor or Igor) character. As many surely know here, the original lab assistant was Fritz, played by the incomparable Dwight Frye.
    Dwight Frye was fantastic in Dracula. "Why should I eat flies when I can have nice juicy spiders? " "Rats ,rats, thousands of rats , millions of rats.............."

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Dwight Frye was fantastic in Dracula. "Why should I eat flies when I can have nice juicy spiders? " "Rats ,rats, thousands of rats , millions of rats.............."
    Indeed.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

TCM kicks off October in high form Sunday night with "Frankenstein," "The Bride of Frankenstein" and "Son of Frankenstein."
    Thanks, I have all those in the basement somewhere but not sure where, so will definitely record those and have a Frankenfest with the family.

If I'm not mistaken, Christopher Lee is the star of the month. That means movies every Thursday.

Must be an error on their page - it said Mondays. Wouldn't be the first time their website screwed up.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Must be an error on their page - it said Mondays. Wouldn't be the first time their website screwed up.
    No, I think that's correct. I was thinking that they were doing Thursdays for the star of the month, but I could easily be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The Universal one is definitely a favorite of mine. I'd spend the rest of my life in that inn if I could, always a cold, snowy night.

I agree, what a great pub. It's even got the rooms upstairs. Don't know how you would sleep with the boys singing a few choruses. The old lady sure could scream.
    The older I get, the better I was.

We watched the original Frankenstein followed by Bride of Frankenstein last night. Boy, Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder got a lot of material from those films. Peter Boyle's monster even moaned/growled like Karloff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    We watched the original Frankenstein followed by Bride of Frankenstein last night. Boy, Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder got a lot of material from those films. Peter Boyle's monster even moaned/growled like Karloff.
    They were quite faithful. But, you missed "Son of Frankenstein," which was after the others. Sure, it's only three stars, but that's where they go the inspector with the mechanical arm from.

I liked the one old bat from the village that was obviously the inspiration for Frau Blucher.

The Invisible Man
    Always got kick out of the scene in which the invisible man strips down naked to escape the crowd and runs across the lawn. Instead of seeing bare foot prints in the snow, we see shoe prints. Maybe the Hayes Code dictated that.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Always got kick out of the scene in which the invisible man strips down naked to escape the crowd and runs across the lawn. Instead of seeing bare foot prints in the snow, we see shoe prints. Maybe the Hayes Code dictated that.
    LOL - never thought of that!

This Friday night on TCM, silent horror classics, beginning at 8:00 pm EST:

Nosferatu (1922)

Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari, The (1920)

Unholy Three (1925)

Phantom of the Opera, The (1925)

Haxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages (1922)

Penalty, The (1920)

whoah - looks like my Friday night's set - thanks for the heads up
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

This Friday night on TCM, silent horror classics, beginning at 8:00 pm EST:

Nosferatu (1922)

Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari, The (1920)

Unholy Three (1925)

Phantom of the Opera, The (1925)

Haxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages (1922)

Penalty, The (1920)
    I own three of those: Nosferatu (strangely enough with David Carradine hosting and a newer soundtrack by Type O Negative), Caligari and Phantom. I've seen Unholy Three (which is a Todd Browning film), but the amazing one is The Penalty, where Lon Chaney plays an amputee, and his legs are actually strapped up behind him with leather thongs. The effect was amazing and was incredibly painful I have read. Much like Chaney using fish hooks to draw back his lips to look skeletal in Phantom of the Opera. Chaney's make up effects are fascinating to read about. No CGI there.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Hexane is probably the most bizarre of all those flicks. It's really intense in some areas. I haven't seen the whole thing yet.

A few samples:

^ The Sabbath scene is certainly a trip, and well-researched. Can't believe they got away with what they filmed. Was it ever shown in the U.S.? Censorship was pretty strict in the U.S. since 1915 when the Supreme Court decided that movies were commerce and not an art, and thus not accorded rights under the first amendment.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Was it ever shown in the U.S.?
    Not sure. The director of the film actually played the devil.

The Invisible Man
    Never saw it.