3. TX
    4. OSU
    5. FSU
    6. PSU
    7. WA
    8. USC
    9. OR
    10. UT

I haven't seen every team play but I don't think OSU should be #4. #5 or #6, maybe, but not #4.

Not that it matters but my alma mater, Ohio U, is at the top of the MAC East!
    “The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    The latest AP poll top 10 (not that it's relevant or anything):

1. GA
    2. UofM
    3. TX
    4. OSU
    5. FSU
    6. PSU
    7. WA
    8. USC
    9. OR
    10. UT

I haven't seen every team play but I don't think OSU should be #4. #5 or #6, maybe, but not #4.

Not that it matters but my alma mater, Ohio U, is at the top of the MAC East!
    As you know, I follow the MAC. Ohio has a very good football team this year. I think it will come down to them and Toledo in the west, although there is a long way to go.

I commented that I didn't think OSU deserved to be #4.

FL St has beaten #13 LSU and Clemson (in OT). Not that Clem's ranked, but I really doubt they'll lose another game this season. Plus, FSU played at Clemson.

And I know Iowa isn't ranked but they were 3-0 going in to the game against PSU, who leveled them 31-0.

Was OSU's defeat of ND that much of a quality win?

--------------------

Here's something I just learned that I find really amusing. There's a relatively new bowl game called the Pop-Tarts Bowl.

Pop-Tarts Bowl? Seriously?

--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    As you know, I follow the MAC.
    Yep. And I was going to make a joke about W Mich but decided to be nice, instead.
    “The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

Yep. And I was going to make a joke about W Mich but decided to be nice, instead.
    It is going to be a long season. They are starting over with a new coach. Most of their best players bolted when Tim Lester was fired last year (3 of them now starting for PJ Fleck in Minnesota). They were picked to finish at the bottom of the MAC pre-season and it is looking like that might be accurate. On the other hand, they have had a brutal schedule with Iowa, Syracuse, and Toledo on the road then having to go to Starkville to play Mississippi State in two weeks, so that isn't helping.

Oh Jesus. You have my sympathies.

Watching Sooners@Longhorns.

Barn burner.

Purdue is getting their ass handed to them by OSU.

They've also missed three FGs... so far.

Correction: Hurricanes@,Tarheels.

Whenever the Hurricanes lose a game they should have won (last week), they usually go into a meltdown.

We got another overtime barn burner in Miami.....

First CFP ranking:

1. Ohio State
    2. Georgia
    3. Michigan
    4. Florida State
    5. Washington
    6. Oregon

I don't have an issue with the top four but I'm not sure I'd have them in that order. I keep hearing analysts talk about OSU's resume, with a win against Notre Dame on the road and a win against Penn State at home. Okay, but what about the wins against teams they should have won against? In that respect, Georgia, Michigan, and Florida State are more impressive, aren't they?

First CFP ranking:

1. Ohio State
    2. Georgia
    3. Michigan
    4. Florida State
    5. Washington
    6. Oregon

I don't have an issue with the top four but I'm not sure I'd have them in that order. I keep hearing analysts talk about OSU's resume, with a win against Notre Dame on the road and a win against Penn State at home. Okay, but what about the wins against teams they should have won against? In that respect, Georgia, Michigan, and Florida State are more impressive, aren't they?
    Michigan has played a pretty cupecake schedule so for. This weekend against Penn State might be their first true test. After they played the Gophers, PJ Fleck said they were the college football team he had ever played against, but I would also rank them below OSU & Georgia at this point.

Yikes. Miami@Florida State tomorrow at 3:30. Bloodbath.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Yikes. Miami@Florida State tomorrow at 3:30. Bloodbath.
    FSU can score almost at will, but their defense is suspect. You guys got an offense?

Harbaugh banned from final three games.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    ^I mean, I get it. Harbaugh comes across as arrogant. A great analogy I heard the other day (and I paraphrase):

"Everybody speeds even though its against the law. Everybody drives 5 or 10 mph over the speed limit maybe even more if we're in a hurry. Harbaugh does it in a convertible with the top down, shades, driving gloves and goes 20 over or more, doesn't use his turn signals to change lanes. So he's a jerk, but everyone who speeds isn't".

Hey we're still in it. We're puttin' up a fight.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Man, Tennessee really shrank in big games this year.

Eh, it wasn't the bloodbath I expected. We held our own.

There's a reason I've never posted in this thread. Lemme 'Splain.

I am one month older than UNLV football and throughout my entire life UNLV football has been less than dreck. Never once been relevant. Our only claims to fame are Randall Cunningham, Keenan McCardell and Kenny Maine.

Hence why I don't care about college football. I don't watch it but i do listen to the occasional Sportscenter lowdown but mostly I only care about it for the money aspect. I do like to see how money works.

Much to my dismay on Sportscenter w/ SVP, he actually said "UNLV is good". No, it can't be.

I went to the Colorado State/UNLV game a few weeks ago. The first UNLV game I'd seen in person since the late '70's or early '80's back at the shitty Silver Bowl.

It was awful. Allegiant stadiums bathrooms are few and far between and when you need to go a long walk sucks.

Plus this bullshit about walking out of the stadium into the smoking area. I was supposed to meet the guy with the tickets out there at half time but he didn't wait for me. By the time I got there, as I had to walk a mile to get to a bathroom, everyone was inside and I took two steps out and bam, couldn't get back in without a ticket and I didn't have them. This is why I hate electronic tickets, only one person has them plus I don't have collectibles.

More than that, the football was dreadful. It set football back decades. There may have been seven completed passes, combined and ten total throws. So lousy. I felt like I was watching Iowa versus Iowa.

I told my sister, who likes to do tiny bets, just a handful of bucks for fun, to bet the under on Iowa this weekend and she took it and also on her own took the Iowa money line. She won both. You can always take the Iowa team under. And if they are playing Rutgers, the game under must be taken.

What the hell? Why don't they pass the football in college football?
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I felt like I was watching Iowa versus Iowa.
    Iowa would have still lost. Twice.

My Ags just fired Jimbo Fisher this morning. They've been bad the past two years. Most fans were ready for him to go despite the ridiculous payout he's getting.

Speculation right now on a replacement seems to be centering around Lanning at Oregon or DeBoer at UW.

I just finished watching the OSU - MSU game. At one point, there was a penalty by MSU. The ref said, "false start. Offense. Everyone but the center."

I'd never heard that before. That's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Iowa would have still lost. Twice.

Watching Louisville @Miami. Barnburner. Hardly any defense. Receivers and running backs are walking into the end zone.

Michigan is in a dogfight with Maryland.