Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Premier League 16-17

It’s a real kick in teeth to have been there or thereabouts all season, and miss out by one goal to the team you finished above. It all starts again very soon, but it’s such a brutal long season and an incredibly tough division. Good luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    Sorry for you, Simon (my skin in the game was having watched Ethan as a 16 year old defensive midfielder, bossing League 2 games at St James Park).

Southampton seemed to have Leeds' number all season.

Are they likely to lose (m)any of the exciting youngsters that have lit up the team this season?
    Thanks Robin.

Sadly I think it is inevitable that we'll sell some of our best young players, though I don't know how many. There will be those who are impatient to go up a division, and who've done enough that there will be suitors; and of course, assuming we don't decide to just start cheating like Leicester, there is FFP to consider and we have a very high wage bill. I think we'll keep Archie, as he's young enough to feel he can afford another season in the Champ, and born and raised Leeds. Beyond that I can see Gnonto wanting away again and he won't be the only one.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    It’s a real kick in teeth to have been there or thereabouts all season, and miss out by one goal to the team you finished above. It all starts again very soon, but it’s such a brutal long season and an incredibly tough division. Good luck next time.
    Thanks very much. It was an extremely frustrating end to the season. But it's hard to say we really deserved to go up, all things considered. Ipswich and Southampton earned it. The less said about Leicester, the better.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Very good news, especially for Kieran’s bank balance