Page 252 of 253 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253 LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 6308

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I've needed some good news. My doctor filled out the form for a Disability Tax Credit for $9K!

I've needed some good news. My doctor filled out the form for a Disability Tax Credit for $9K!
    There goes the balanced budget.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I got some good 4th of July news this afternoon. After 6 weeks of daily IV antibiotics treatments my bloodwork is looking good enough that tomorrow will be my final treatment and I will get my PICC line removed from my arm tomorrow afternoon. I will then be off antibiotics for a while before undergoing another knee aspiration procedure to determine for sure that the infection is eliminated. At least it will be nice not to have this thing sticking out of my arm for a change and I will have the option of using crutches instead of a walker in some situations.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I got some good 4th of July news this afternoon. After 6 weeks of daily IV antibiotics treatments my bloodwork is looking good enough that tomorrow will be my final treatment and I will get my PICC line removed from my arm tomorrow afternoon. I will then be off antibiotics for a while before undergoing another knee aspiration procedure to determine for sure that the infection is eliminated. At least it will be nice not to have this thing sticking out of my arm for a change and I will have the option of using crutches instead of a walker in some situations.
    Sounds like you'll be on the mend, Steve. Love to hear it.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Had my first post-op X-ray & Dr appt yesterday and everything is healing nicely. Next week I start PT 2x/week for the next 6 weeks to try to regain full function of my left arm.

My inspiration to get better is to play this monster that arrived a day before my surgery!

On the other hand, my best friend (67yo) in his fifth year of pancreatic cancer has stopped treatment and begins hospice. Dr gives him 2-3 weeks. He’s down to 112lbs.

IMG_4601.jpg
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Great news Steve.

Sorry to hear that Gary.

Yay Greg!

The benefit of living in a civilized country!

Best wishes to all who post here with physical battles. Time is kind to none of us, and nothing is guaranteed, which no one here needs me to tell them. Unfortunately, these posts will come more and more as time goes on, and many will not be as favorable to our much loved members. Fwiw, as a long time member since the early 2000s, I'd like to say it's been a pleasure. (No, I'm not going anywhere.) There's very few who post here that I wouldn't want to be friends with irl, and as a community, I can't think of another that I would rather be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Best wishes to all who post here with physical battles. Time is kind to none of us, and nothing is guaranteed, which no one here needs me to tell them. Unfortunately, these posts will come more and more as time goes on, and many will not be as favorable to our much loved members. Fwiw, as a long time member since the early 2000s, I'd like to say it's been a pleasure. (No, I'm not going anywhere.) There's very few who post here that I wouldn't want to be friends with irl, and as a community, I can't think of another that I would rather be a part of.
    Sometimes when you’re slapped up on the head with a life changing malady, it’s helpful to post it…. Someone will have some firsthand knowledge and you won’t feel so alone with your troubles…… IMHO YMMV FFS! ��
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Even if we're fortunate enough to have supportive families and/or friends, I'd rather tell my troubles to someone who likes prog.

And yeah, Steve, glad your knee is disinfected, and I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Gary. But glad you're on track to start PT on your arm!

It's "WOT" from the main page, but it's also another way to break free of the illness to have a place you can share. Both your love of the music, but also the stories of others that love the music.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Time is kind to none of us, and nothing is guaranteed, which no one here needs me to tell them.
    Reminds me of a quotation from composer Berlioz: Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Even though I sometimes feel my age, for instance with a painfull shoulder, I feel blessed, reading about others health problems. Someone I know, because I take care of the family's cats and chickens when they are on vacation, has been in the hospital twice this year with an infection on the pancreas. Now his doctor advised against a visit to the US, because he feared he might come back with a resistent bacteria. The guy is younger than me, so reason to feel blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Even if we're fortunate enough to have supportive families and/or friends, I'd rather tell my troubles to someone who likes prog.

And yeah, Steve, glad your knee is disinfected, and I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Gary. But glad you're on track to start PT on your arm!
    Your "tell my troubles to someone who likes prog" cracked me up

Regarding the knee. I am not out of the woods yet. The knee aspiration in a few weeks will be the true test, but so far blood work is looking positive.

Taking advantage of a Friday off and working out at one of our parks, that has workout machines. Sweating like dog balls.lol. Feels great.

But, I'll end up doing what I always do on weekends later this afternoon. Going to a pub and drinking too much light beer.

Went outside early this morning and it felt like I just walked into an oven. I think it is supposed to be 97 with a heat index close to 110. The humidity today is horrible. I was going to cut the grass but half of it looks like it hasn't even grown in this heat. I cut my neighbor's lawn three doors up, he is I think 74 and has never cut the lawn or cooked any food. His mother did all the cooking and she passed away last year. She was either 96 or 98. I turned 69 Monday and I can't imagine not cutting my lawn or cooking food.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I went for my walk this morning. Oddly, we're having a stretch of higher humidity and even in the mid-60s I'm sweatin' like a bitch. I also picked up trash in my yard from the fireworks extravaganza put on by the asshole who lives three houses away.

Continued positive waves going out for Steve, Gary, and Greg. Keep us posted and Greg, have fun with that tax credit. Prog on, gents!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I walked over to the neighborhood park for a walk before it got hot. There were some people picking up the small mountain of firework debris.
    So I joined in. Collected a bunch of un exploded stuff. Decided to not put that in the trash.
    Might save it for Nov 6th, or soak it and toss them. A couple are aerial things with long fuses. Messing with those might not be too smart.
    When I got back the temp was 'just' 88 but my weather station said it felt like 100. I believe it.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    "tell my troubles to someone who likes prog"
    "The Revealing Science of God"
    and/or
    "The Ancient"(s)
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I also picked up trash in my yard from the fireworks extravaganza put on by the asshole who lives three houses away. !
    How about Assholes who Drive to your neighborhood to blow up shit in front of your house? I live in a cul-de-sac so that is a natural gathering place. They go home an WE have to clean up the mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I can't imagine not cutting my lawn or cooking food.
    We moved into a condo about 15 years ago and have not touched a lawnmower, rake or snowblower since. Don't miss it at all. We had about a half acre yard where we lived before.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbassdrum View Post
    "The Revealing Science of God"
    and/or
    "The Ancient"(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    How about Assholes who Drive to your neighborhood to blow up shit in front of your house? I live in a cul-de-sac so that is a natural gathering place. They go home an WE have to clean up the mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I went for my walk this morning. Oddly, we're having a stretch of higher humidity and even in the mid-60s I'm sweatin' like a bitch. I also picked up trash in my yard from the fireworks extravaganza put on by the asshole who lives three houses away.
    That shit needs to go into their mailbox.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

There was a big display in my neighborhood last night. Pretty loud with Disney-esque fireworks. I recorded about a minute of it from my backyard. It was over in 30-40 minutes. Very considerate.