Page 138 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4676

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

[emoji106][emoji106]

Bought a couple of singles I did not officially own yet.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Now represented on Bandcamp!
    It's about time!!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

A fine day indeed. The other bits are going to show up soon - Ditzy Scene and a couple others as well.

Sweet! This is great news.

HBAEB is sourced From the Original 92 Master!

Quote Originally Posted by canadianghetto View Post
    HBAEB is sourced From the Original 92 Master!
    Yeeeeeah boieeee!

Makes an already great album sound even better.

Nice! Now I won't have to carry all of the discs in my car all of the time, which I still do!

Wow! This is awesome. I just picked up Manhoo, Odd Even, Signs, and Hazel, all of which I never thought I would get due to the CDs being prohibitively expensive. Excited to dig into some unheard Cardiacs for the first time in...well, months (since I got all their albums after discovering this thread about 2 years ago!)

That original mix of HBAEB really sounds 10 times better then the newer 'improved' mix. Now I can finally hear all the instruments in "For Good and All" without all that trebble.

I do not think I will ever play my CD version again.

Awesome ... come pay day i'll be getting the HBaEB original and a few B-sides i've not yet got.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    That original mix of HBAEB really sounds 10 times better then the newer 'improved' mix. Now I can finally hear all the instruments in "For Good and All" without all that trebble.

I do not think I will ever play my CD version again.
    I Haven't heard the "new" mix but that's good gnus! Cardiacs are life.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I Haven't heard the "new" mix but that's good gnus! Cardiacs are life.
    You need to hear it!

So here is a geek Tech question: can all of the bandcamp albums I have purchased be accessed via the BC app on the phone even when you are offline?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    So here is a geek Tech question: can all of the bandcamp albums I have purchased be accessed via the BC app on the phone even when you are offline?
    I just put my phone on airplane mode & it told me I can't stream while offline.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

No, only if you download to the phone. And...bought and listened to SEASIDE last night, superb!!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Purchased the three singles and the Spratley Japs EP. Hooray!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

^ Hey polmico, have you received your copy of Guns yet? And if so, what do you think of it?

I've been trying to get my brother to sit down and listen to the HBaEB vinyl with me, but he's still a bit reticent about it. I even offered to provide the beer!

Lately I've been using Apple Music as my streaming service rather than Spotify. Since I use an iPhone anyway, it provides a seamless experience in managing my already-existing music library alongside music that I stream. But do you know what the clincher was for me? That Apple Music has Cardiacs in their library! Even though I already own most of it on CD, the fact that they have Cardiacs is just so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    ^ Hey polmico, have you received your copy of Guns yet? And if so, what do you think of it?

I've been trying to get my brother to sit down and listen to the HBaEB vinyl with me, but he's still a bit reticent about it. I even offered to provide the beer!

Lately I've been using Apple Music as my streaming service rather than Spotify. Since I use an iPhone anyway, it provides a seamless experience in managing my already-existing music library alongside music that I stream. But do you know what the clincher was for me? That Apple Music has Cardiacs in their library! Even though I already own most of it on CD, the fact that they have Cardiacs is just so cool.
    Yeah, I heard that. It would be very convenient indeed! I still grab my discs for the car, which is so 2008 [smirk].

Yeah, I heard that. It would be very convenient indeed! I still grab my discs for the car, which is so 2008 [smirk].
    Oh me too! I always prefer listening from CDs in the car -- call me old-fashioned that way.

When I'm at home or at work, since there's limited storage space on my iPhone, it's handy to have some Cardiacs available for streaming for those times.

Shit. I forgot to mention how much Guns has floored me. I seem to recall it getting some negative press in this thread when I first entered, so I said to myself, I'll hold off on that one.

Boy, that was dumb.

I'm still on my first blush stage, but it's smooth and sleek and angry and fun and there are dogs on the cover.

I've been touristing for a few days now in San Francisco, but traveling again tomorrow on my way to a beach, so I think I can settle into the album and digest it and some sand and sun and rum.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Yeah, any shade thrown at Guns is odd to say the least - its an absolutely phenomenal work, full of Cardiac-isms both olde and gnu. Just imagine where LSD would have gone taking Guns (as well as 'Ball and Chain...and Ditzy Scene) as a starting point springboard.....

PS - production on Guns is possibly at the pinnacle of this band studio-wise imo, at least up to that point ('99). Its extremely crankable, full of aggression yet retains plenty of warmth and some nice dynamics when the music's temperature lowers to a lukewarm simmer (those beautiful interludes with female voice in "Wind and Rains is Cold" for example). I think it takes Sing to God as a starting point sonically and finds a slightly better EQ and mastering.

Is this the original mix of HBAEB ?
    cover_23131615102016_r.jpg

^ Yes, I think so.

second page shame - BUMP. For the kids.

Blasting some "Ideal" over the headphones right now. What a great tune.

Bought the Signs single this morning on the Bandcamp page. Kinda surprised that Ditzy Scene isn't up there though. Any idea why it's not?

Guess I could always buy it on iTunes, but I'd prefer to support Tim and the ABC as much as possible.