Page 178 of 187 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 4660

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    New Cardiacs related release

For someone who uses Tapatalk: what is it?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    For someone who uses Tapatalk: what is it?
    Sorry about that I keep forgetting.

Rhoald Earl & Emo - Sheer Yet The Ghost Whispers

Guitarist is Daniel Chudley - Le Corre who apparently played in Monsoon Bassoon & Admirals Hard
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

I wish they'd get that Monsoon Bassoon album out on bandcamp and out on at least CD. Vinyl of course! I can dream.
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Same here
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Riding a pretty big Cardiacs binge right now. All of it. I love Tim's guitar playing. And his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchentootz View Post
    I wish they'd get that Monsoon Bassoon album out on bandcamp and out on at least CD. Vinyl of course! I can dream.
    Sign me up.

Just did:

Songs for Ships (full)
    A Little Man.....(full)
    Day is Gone EP (full)
    Sing to God Side one (np)

best! Tim.

Cardiacs is life. What a string of great albums Tim left us with. Still wish he was with us… what a genius he was.

I need to get more of their stuff on vinyl too.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Sign me up.
    Thirded, with a vengeance!
    exis par exis tone

This tune is beyond magical for me. The vibe is so unexplainable...its simultaneously gorgeous, scary, hazy, dreamlike, and other things I can't describe.

This tune is beyond magical for me. The vibe is so unexplainable...its simultaneously gorgeous, scary, hazy, dreamlike, and other things I can't describe.
    This would be very much the way I would review the whole set, and actually all three of the series going back to Mr & Mrs Smith & Mr D. There are times when I don't really feel like listening to anything else.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Amazing show from Milton Keynes in 95 just posted...I've already watched it twice. Basically the Sing to God Tour but man it starts off with tunes from A Little Man and Songs/Irons...oh boy.

Whatever would Wadsworth say?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Psalm_of_Life

I taught this poem for years in my lit classes. It remains quite powerful.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

scored a copy of The Seaside, the 2xLP which has all the original tracks on it (as opposed to the 9-track version I knew)

man, after not listening to this band for a minute, it really astounds me that they're just as wild as I remembered. when you burn yourself out on a band like this you think the magic kind of fades, but nah the entire time I was like "this is so bonkers". also I had no idea about the early versions of some tracks and "Dinner Time", which is utterly terrific. snap it up folks.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    scored a copy of The Seaside, the 2xLP which has all the original tracks on it (as opposed to the 9-track version I knew)

man, after not listening to this band for a minute, it really astounds me that they're just as wild as I remembered. when you burn yourself out on a band like this you think the magic kind of fades, but nah the entire time I was like "this is so bonkers". also I had no idea about the early versions of some tracks and "Dinner Time", which is utterly terrific. snap it up folks.
    They never get old for me. Actually they are better than ever...been on a huge bender for weeks now. The Seaside is amazing indeed, and some of the recorded sound is some of my fav Timmy production ever. Don't miss Archive Cardiacs, which compiles some tunes of the cassette years albums The Obvious Identity and Toy World. Those are amazing in and of themselves, which you can easily find on YT. Also A Bus for a Bus on the Bus ep is essential too. Enjoy.

I've been playing the Bertie's Trilogy (mostly the Garage Concerts and the old originals a bit) an insane number of times. Pretty much like 4 or 5 times a day for a few weeks now. It's definitely one of my fav Tim things now. How do masterpieces show up years and years later? I've had the Garage Concerts for about 10 years or so now and hearing these three tracks back to back is fucking amazing and blowing my mind. Tim was an incredible composer from the very beginning, and essentially The Garage Concerts demonstrates it.

I've been playing the Bertie's Trilogy (mostly the Garage Concerts and the old originals a bit) an insane number of times. Pretty much like 4 or 5 times a day for a few weeks now. It's definitely one of my fav Tim things now. How do masterpieces show up years and years later? I've had the Garage Concerts for about 10 years or so now and hearing these three tracks back to back is fucking amazing and blowing my mind. Tim was an incredible composer from the very beginning, and essentially The Garage Concerts demonstrates it.
    Timmy was a sneaky mofo! I always come back to things like Jitterbug - my IN. The back end of that one just baffles me. Swirling bliss. Bertie's is so ... uhhh... damn. Words fail me. It has this grimy murkiness. Yet... cripes! Timmy!!

Please pardon my ignorance, but… what is the Bertie’s Trilogy?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Please pardon my ignorance, but… what is the Bertie’s Trilogy?
    A balloon for Bertie's party
    A cake for Bertie's party
    A game for Berties's party

I dunno what's it with you guys, but I am increadibly yearning to get a good dose of "LSD"

A balloon for Bertie's party
    A cake for Bertie's party
    A game for Berties's party
    Yes, but the order Tim intended is:

Cake
    Game
    Balloon

I used to think that Game would be the better ending since it's massive, but that beautiful theme with Tim singing quite softly and tenderly in Balloon is indeed the better ending! It's absolute magic. I made a Bandcamp playlist and put these three in order.

I dunno what's it with you guys, but I am increadibly yearning to get a good dose of "LSD"
    Both album and the cute little paper bit. I'm IN. LOL. Heard a snip of it. Talk about NEED. Hope those vocals are finished up sometime soon. No clue who they picked but it must be in line with the spirit of the awesomeness. I have been told it's not the usual suspects... shrug!

Both album and the cute little paper bit. I'm IN. LOL. Heard a snip of it. Talk about NEED. Hope those vocals are finished up sometime soon. No clue who they picked but it must be in line with the spirit of the awesomeness. I have been told it's not the usual suspects... shrug!
    Really, really, really want this to see the light of day. I'm so darn impatient... I'm sure it will be worth the wait though.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Are we at near 100% that its going to happen? Has there been an update since Sir Kavus and Jim are at the board?