Page 183 of 187 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187 LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 4660

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

^These updates are appreciated and also cruel. Ah, I can wait. Right?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Pretty baked up....spinning "Too Many Irons" cd remaster....they definitely goosed Jim and bottom end a bit, verrry noyce!! This fuckin tune is the best thing ever written.

Oh, and the cds are pretty hard to get out....or I am just way too baked, which might be the case. I love this set, it's totally amazing!

...and a remastered "Loosefish Scapegrace"!! Holy hell, I'm in....not hell. OK the live one - performance is outrageous of course. Sound quality is less than Rude Bootleg and certainly Live, but it's completely crankable and The "City Lining" will make you weepy. I fucking love this early era of Tim. No gold...diamond.

and a live "Too Many Irons"? Ummmm............yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Pretty baked up....spinning "Too Many Irons" cd remaster....they definitely goosed Jim and bottom end a bit, verrry noyce!! This fuckin tune is the best thing ever written.
    Oh, and the cds are pretty hard to get out....or I am just way too baked, which might be the case. I love this set, it's totally amazing!
    ...and a remastered "Loosefish Scapegrace"!! Holy hell, I'm in....not hell. OK the live one - performance is outrageous of course. Sound quality is less than Rude Bootleg and certainly Live, but it's completely crankable and The "City Lining" will make you weepy. I fucking love this early era of Tim. No gold...diamond.
    and a live "Too Many Irons"? Ummmm............yes please!
    Sounds like a great time was had by all...of you. Thanks for the glimpses!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

A long awaited (by me) Cardiacs Family & Friends tribute concert to Tim has been announced for May 4, 2024 at the Garage in London.

Get your tickets now!!!

https://www.alttickets.com/tim-smith-tickets

Also, I’ve got my Little Man set and it is AMAZING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post
    A long awaited (by me) Cardiacs Family & Friends tribute concert to Tim has been announced for May 4, 2024 at the Garage in London.

Get your tickets now!!!

I fake bought tickets... LOL. I want to go so bad. Been to the last few things like this but the flight and time off might not be in the cards this time. Boooo.
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

Get your tickets now!!!

I'll be on a canal narrowboat in NW England at that time. I'll raise a glass (or several)
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Get your tickets now!!!

I bought two tickets! No idea yet if I will be able to go or who is going with me but this will probably sell out quick. Tickets wont go to waste.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if this event is aligned with the release of Lsd?

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Sounds like a great time was had by all...of you. Thanks for the glimpses!
    My pleasure! The unreleased "Gina"....unreal. My only gripe is the possibility of scratching the cds. I might have to download to hard-drive.

standalone Little Man is available now, though it doesn't appear they ship to the US?
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

I love "I'm Eating in Bed"....I mean I love every Cardiacs tune....but I have to say that the LP going straight from "In a City Lining" to "Is This the Life" really works for me. The flow is better imo, plus the CD still retains that sequence if you're missing it.

ARRIVED!

First thoughts.

What a beautiful package, and I haven't even opened it. That's a cool stamp on the cardboard box. Cool sticker, too. Imma save both. Snip snip snip. Maybe there are more stamps and stickers inside! Rats. No free stickers, glad I kept the one from the shipping box. Also another stamp. I want Cardiacs stamp(er). Look at all the cool stuff inside! A poster! Dude, I'm going to hang that in my classroom because I'm the cool teacher (kids like Cardiacs, right???). What's this vinyl disc doing in here? Better take a look. Back in the slip you go, obsolete format! Hey, Frank is right. Those cds are hard to get out, but there's like some cool paisley shit under there. Better start ripping everything and probably should indulge my senses a little before jumping into the music.

Be safe, everyone. There is much love in this box, and it will warm the cockles of your heart or kidney or liver (you choose your own organ).
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

^ Oh yeah! That envelope with Tim's handwritten manuscript is gold too, right? Enjoy mate

If anyone ends up with any extra tickets for the Tim event that you'd sell, let me know!!

edit: managed to get a Friday ticket phew!
    Last edited by auxfnx; 09-27-2023 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    ARRIVED!

First thoughts.

What a beautiful package, and I haven't even opened it. That's a cool stamp on the cardboard box. Cool sticker, too. Imma save both. Snip snip snip. Maybe there are more stamps and stickers inside! Rats. No free stickers, glad I kept the one from the shipping box. Also another stamp. I want Cardiacs stamp(er). Look at all the cool stuff inside! A poster! Dude, I'm going to hang that in my classroom because I'm the cool teacher (kids like Cardiacs, right???). What's this vinyl disc doing in here? Better take a look. Back in the slip you go, obsolete format! Hey, Frank is right. Those cds are hard to get out, but there's like some cool paisley shit under there. Better start ripping everything and probably should indulge my senses a little before jumping into the music.

Be safe, everyone. There is much love in this box, and it will warm the cockles of your heart or kidney or liver (you choose your own organ).
    Something about that squishy lovely shipping packaging had me gripped. I couldnt open it for a good hour. Had to let it sit. WTF?!?! LOL

What a set. The album sounds superb. The Radio sessions are a great upgrade over my old copies. Live show is super too. Sound doesnt change the enjoyment one bit. Overall I am very pleased with the money spent. I took a ton of pictures to send to my oldest son who is now jealous as hell.
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

^ Congrats! I'm still amazed at how great that thing is.

Anyone have any info on the release of the 2nd batch of the Little Man set? When I ordered, the confirmation email said they would ship after Oct. 16. My fondle fingers are getting itchy, and since I've purposely not listened to the album since I ordered the set, my right eye has started to twitch a bit...
    David

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Anyone have any info on the release of the 2nd batch of the Little Man set? When I ordered, the confirmation email said they would ship after Oct. 16. My fondle fingers are getting itchy, and since I've purposely not listened to the album since I ordered the set, my right eye has started to twitch a bit...
    I just read this morning that they are delayed until the second week of November, but I don't know how official that report is.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

It is delayed until the first week of November, Mary confirmed this in a news post on the website. They are waiting for the vinyl to be delivered. Only a couple of weeks though, can't wait to get my hands on this!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I just read this morning that they are delayed until the second week of November, but I don't know how official that report is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphy65 View Post
    It is delayed until the first week of November, Mary confirmed this in a news post on the website. They are waiting for the vinyl to be delivered. Only a couple of weeks though, can't wait to get my hands on this!
    Thanks, both! I could have looked at the website before asking here Guess I can hold out a little longer...
    David

Another Sing to Tim event in Leeds on Sunday, May 5!

https://www.seetickets.com/event/car...l-club/2812003

Another Sing to Tim event in Leeds on Sunday, May 5!

https://www.seetickets.com/event/car...l-club/2812003
    I am actually considering buying tickets for Leeds and selling my two saturday night London tickets.
    Leeds combines a bit better with a hiking trip in the Lake District.

It's a happy day here in the flyovers

IMG_2377_copy.jpg
    David