Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187
Results 4,651 to 4,656 of 4656

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    https://www-impattosonoro-it.transla...tdARbG8IojMI3T

New Cardiacs article from Italian webzine Impatto Sonoro. Lot's of amazing stuff discussed, but the crème is definitive news regarding LSD (yaaaay)! Even Sterbus gets a nod - nice man!
    This is absolutely fantastic news! The whole article is worth a read. I found all the details of how the shows came together pretty fascinating, but nearly squeaked with joy when I got to the details about LSD at the end. Here's the relevant (translated) quote for anyone curious:

It seems to be a very active time for you. What are the plans for the future? Will "LSD", the lost Cardiacs album, ever be released? (started recording in 2008 and never finished due to Tim's illness)

Jim: LSD? We have completed all the recordings. Many think that it was an almost completely completed project but it wasn't. There was still a lot of work to do and we brought it to a final form. It's ready for the mixing phase, we're working slowly but I think it will be ready next year. All the voices were still missing, we recorded them but I can't tell you who sang yet.

Jon: Jim won't say it, but he's been particularly active on this project from a studio work perspective. He was the key element

Jo: Now you know too much, we'll have to kill you (laughs)

I chatted with Baba couple days ago and he is chuffed about things. I gave him all my Genesis bootlegs years back. Hope to see him end of July and give this rotten LSD thing a little listen. IF he'll let me. lol
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchentootz View Post
    I chatted with Baba couple days ago and he is chuffed about things. I gave him all my Genesis bootlegs years back. Hope to see him end of July and give this rotten LSD thing a little listen. IF he'll let me. lol
    Sweet....you're gonna have to spill at least a few beans for us.

^Dude! Jim already threatened to kill us for the little we know. Why tempt fate???
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    ^Dude! Jim already threatened to kill us for the little we know. Why tempt fate???
    LMAO! When I met Him... he instantly knew I was going to gush and tell him complimentary things and he stopped me in my tracks. No! haha. Except he didnt say it and his face told me everything. I trust his threats!
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Even Sterbus gets a nod - nice man!
    Yes, Martino is a close friend, and we met in London for the second night. he attended both!
    He's some 20 years younger than me, he followed both concerts first row, singing and pogoing.... I was more at the back this time, but it reminded me when I first saw Cardiacs in London, at his age, and I was air playing everything at The Astoria too! So happy that new audicences are joining!