Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Misheard prog lyrics

How about when the sung lyrics don't matched the printed lyrics on the sleeve/booklet? In Free Will by Rush, the sleeve lyrics read, "you cannot have made a choice" and the sung lyrics are "you still have made a choice"...
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    How about when the sung lyrics don't matched the printed lyrics on the sleeve/booklet? In Free Will by Rush, the sleeve lyrics read, "you cannot have made a choice" and the sung lyrics are "you still have made a choice"...
    That seems to happen a lot on CDs, where the printed lyrics were apparently put together by someone listening to the recording, rather than the lyrics having been provided by the musicians/producers/etc. at the time of release. Especially when the original vinyl LP didn't have lyrics printed but the CD does.
    What we feel we have to solve is why the dregs have not dissolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Batchman View Post
    That seems to happen a lot on CDs, where the printed lyrics were apparently put together by someone listening to the recording, rather than the lyrics having been provided by the musicians/producers/etc. at the time of release. Especially when the original vinyl LP didn't have lyrics printed but the CD does.
    I still giggle at the thought of my German CD of Curved Air's 2nd album, which reprints the Japanese booklet with its hilariously inaccurate lyric sheet. To this day when listening to "Puppets," I still imagine the non-word "merry-a-mess" and it puts a big dumb smile on my face.

The German CD of Phantasmagoria just reproduced the original LP insert (in an illegibly tiny font) and is a lot less fun.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I still giggle at the thought of my German CD of Curved Air's 2nd album, which reprints the Japanese booklet with its hilariously inaccurate lyric sheet. To this day when listening to "Puppets," I still imagine the non-word "merry-a-mess" and it puts a big dumb smile on my face.
    I had to go and listen to "Puppets" again to see what word that really was... "marionettes."
    What we feel we have to solve is why the dregs have not dissolved.

Oh man, l have a Japanese CD of the first Captain Beyond with printed English lyrics and they are *completely* butchered, to the point of hilarity.
    And will l wait forever beside the silent mirror and fish for bitter minnows amongst the weeds and slimy water?

And I have Chicago's Live at Osaka on vinyl (and CD, but it came with less "stuff") and it has some pretty freaky lyric sheets also. (Kudos to Peter Cetera for learning two songs ("Questions 67 & 68" and "Lowdown") phonetically in Japanese translation, and getting up on stage and singing them with no idea what they actually meant. I mean, I don't know either, but for all he knew he could have been singing "I'm a fucking jerk.")
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.