Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: David Sancious news

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I think you're correct. Even the pictures of the bandmembers came from that album.

Welcome to the forum b.t.w. Since your forumname is the same as the label this CD was released I presume you're involved (Edit: welcome Jeremy, I noticed you were the release coordinator for this album.)

Hopefully more classic beauties will be released by Iconoclassic!

Thank you. I've been a lurker and daily reader of progears for years but only recently joined as a member. Yes, I oversaw the release of Dance of the Age of Enlightenment and pulled the pieces together between David and Sony to finally make this album a reality. David and I are trying to do The Bridge on CD to follow-up Dance.... There are some rights questions that need to be answered first, but the correct parties are in touch and I'm optimistic. If we can make Dance of the Age of Enlightment official, then The Bridge should be a breeze.

In more general prog news, Iconoclassic has Dixie Dregs' The Great Spectacular coming for Record Store Day and their tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclassic View Post
    Thank you. I've been a lurker and daily reader of progears for years but only recently joined as a member. Yes, I oversaw the release of Dance of the Age of Enlightenment and pulled the pieces together between David and Sony to finally make this album a reality. David and I are trying to do The Bridge on CD to follow-up Dance.... There are some rights questions that need to be answered first, but the correct parties are in touch and I'm optimistic. If we can make Dance of the Age of Enlightment official, then The Bridge should be a breeze.

In more general prog news, Iconoclassic has Dixie Dregs' The Great Spectacular coming for Record Store Day and their tour.
    Just to chime in, it's great to finally have a legit/correct/legal edition of Dance in the Age of Enlightenment, so thank you very much for making this a reality. And I will pounce on any official reissue of The Bridge on CD or digital, thank you very much in advance
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

The Bridge on CD would be great! I bought the LP when it was released and played it many times with pleasure. And who knows in the near future, The Great Spectacular on CD too when the RSD-vinyl is doing great.

I will chime in and say a Thank you also to making Dance of the Age of Enlightenment happen! Ordered it from Laser's Edge when it came out and enjoying the heck out of it. Exciting on the Dregs - will that be CD also, or vinyl only?

(And if I can ask, since you're here, any chance of those Guess Who remasters getting reprinted? Just recently found out that you guys had put out all those amazing editions and I missed out. )

Thank you for supporting the album. It's a real dream come true project. David's mentioned this in a few interviews, and it's absolutely true, that after we'd agreed to do the album, he had second thoughts because revisiting the album meant revisiting all of his feelings around it. Those feelings ran deep and were complex. It was almost like going through a therapy process to get past the hurt and anger and reconnect with the beauty of the music and his original inspiration. There was a period of a couple months where he wasn't ready to dive into that emotional process and everything that would come along with it. From a label perspective, that was scary for me because a not insubstantial license fee had already been paid to Sony and it wasn't clear if we'd end up with a release. Plus this was the closest that anyone had come to getting Dance released officially. I never pushed David, though, and once he dove in, he was all-in. He and his engineer, Robert Frazza put around 70 hours into the mastering and getting it to sound how David had always heard the music in his head.

I hope that one day, he'll realize his dream of performing the whole piece live, with ballet dancers, as he originally envisioned.

Re: Dixie Dregs - we'll evaluate the possibility of CD once the Record Store Day exclusivity period ends. I'm in favor of it.

Re: The Guess Who - no, unfortunately these won't be repressed. The deal terms have expired and a repress wouldn't meet Sony's minimum unit guarantee or other requirements. It seems like a lot of people want these, but in reality it's no more than 300-500 people per album, and even that would be a stretch on some of the titles that actually moved very slowly when they were available.

Ok, back to David Sancious

Another happy Dance'r!

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Another happy Dance'r!
    Same here! Thanks for your efforts on this! This is a wonderful album that deserved a great treatment.

Bill

News from John McCracken Media Group about David Sancious:

Recording News for 2024:

David will be releasing a new record in late 2024. He will be finishing up

production over the summer. It promises to be epic with some very special

guest musicians.

Also, he has formed a new powerhouse duo with legendary drummer

Will Calhoun from Living Colour called Open Secret. Check out their

interview reel below. A new recording is expected late 2024.