Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Ambient Guitar Gently Sleeps

The Ocean Machine is gone. Replaced with a Strymon Dig and the Big Sky I got last week.

My old Mexican Strat is now a baritone, courtesy of a Warmoth conversion neck.

All are present for a new piece here.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    The Ocean Machine is gone. Replaced with a Strymon Dig and the Big Sky I got last week.

My old Mexican Strat is now a baritone, courtesy of a Warmoth conversion neck.

All are present for a new piece here.
    That sounds really good, I like it. Were you frustrated by the Ocean Machine? I am too, its like I cant seem to find any great settings..

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    That sounds really good, I like it. Were you frustrated by the Ocean Machine? I am too, its like I cant seem to find any great settings..
    Thanks!

I couldn't really get any warmth out of it. So metallic sounding. Once I got the Big Sky, the Ocean Machine's days were numbered.

The bigger issue I'm trying to move away from is digging down into menus. I want knobs moving forward. Only knobs. Not one knob that controls everything in some Tron-like universe of parameters. Knobs for Everything!

The only problem with the Dig is that it's mono in and stereo out. Didn't realize that 'til I got it home, so it means some concessions to the single flow, but forced simplification isn't necessarily a bad thing. The unit itself is simple and elegant.

Thanks!

I couldn't really get any warmth out of it. So metallic sounding. Once I got the Big Sky, the Ocean Machine's days were numbered.

The bigger issue I'm trying to move away from is digging down into menus. I want knobs moving forward. Only knobs. Not one knob that controls everything in some Tron-like universe of parameters. Knobs for Everything!

The only problem with the Dig is that it's mono in and stereo out. Didn't realize that 'til I got it home, so it means some concessions to the single flow, but forced simplification isn't necessarily a bad thing. The unit itself is simple and elegant.
    Au contraire!
    The Strymon Dig DOES have a stereo input option. You have to flip a microswitch inside the unit and use a special TRS plug but both are easy peasy.
    So get to it and unleash that true stereo input goodness!

https://www.strymon.net/dig/ cursor down to input

You are a life saver. Thanks!

You are a life saver. Thanks!
    LOL.
    Well, I do admit to having a passion for Strymon gear. Even though I have a number of DD's, I'd still like the DIG because of Strymon's ability to craft effects that seem to be far more than the sum of the parts.

They are just so darn usable.

Nice. I like a bit more motion or movement generally but this is very relaxing. The last 5 minutes or so had more of what i look for.
    Thanks!!

Thanks. Feedback is immensely helpful.

Here you go, I recently got the EHX Synth9 which is quite fun and this is my first effort combining with the Ocean Machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1no...ature=youtu.be

I welcome any comments good or bad - thanks.

Here you go, I recently got the EHX Synth9 which is quite fun and this is my first effort combining with the Ocean Machine.

Very nice, Steve. Great synth pads and nice dreamy environment from the Ocean Machine. So nice in fact that if it were me I might have slowed down the tempo so take advantage of that lushness, at least at the beginning. One can go in so many directions with these things. But very nice. I like where it went around the middle to the 2/3 point.
    Thank you!

^^^^

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not finding it easy to get great sounds out of the Ocean Machine but I will continue to dig deeper...

Hey! Back from vacation. Sorry I'm just getting around to listening. Beautiful sounds here, and you're definitely getting more warmth out of the Ocean Machine than I was able to. The Synth 9 sounds great too.

And here's something I recorded this weekend thru a haze of jet-lag and head cold.

Very nice, James! Very relaxing in both timbre and pace.

Hey! Back from vacation. Sorry I'm just getting around to listening. Beautiful sounds here, and you're definitely getting more warmth out of the Ocean Machine than I was able to. The Synth 9 sounds great too.
    Thanks James. The Ocean Machine is great for getting long attackless delays but doesn't have a nice sound in itself imo. However, combining the EHX pedals with it seems to work quite well, its all about trying to get the mix right for me.

And here's something I recorded this weekend thru a haze of jet-lag and head cold.
    That is really unusual, a unique kind of sound - I listened all the way through, thanks.

Thanks. Loving the pog2. I think it's the processor I've been looking for my whole life, for the sound I've always had in my head but haven't been able to get.

Going back to last year for something I came across on my iPod recently. Playing around with the SY-300.

And now, this. I got a Dwarfcraft Grazer, granular glitch delay. This was the test run. I love this thing, although it demystifies the bejeezus out of Daniel Lanois' ambient work.

Moody background noise.

^^ I like it.