And You And I
    Leaves of Green (JD Steve and Billy)
    Soon
    Going For The One
    Don’t Kill The Whale
    Machine Messiah

Encore
    Roundabout
    Last edited by rushfan; 08-04-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Survival (nice one)
    Time And A Word (sleep)
    Yours Is No Disgrace
    South Side Of The Sky
    And You And I (more sleep)
    Leaves of Green (sleeping deep)
    Soon (sleepwalking)
    Going For The One
    Don’t Kill The Whale (with that horrible synth solo by Geoff Drowsiness)
    Machine Messiah

Encore:
    Roundabout

An anemic show and no surprises.

So Steve Howe said "we're doing two songs from one of the albums, and one of them's going to be a surprise sort of acoustic song that just Jon and I will perform". I guess the two songs from one album are Roundabout and South Side. And the acoustic song he references is Leaves of Green.

Alan White says he was rehearsing a number he has never played on stage before - I guess that was Survival?

Its not a bad setlist, but if I had to nitpick I would say I was hoping for different songs from Relayer and Tormato.

Quote Originally Posted by rushfan View Post
    You have been warned.....in progress
    Encore
    Roundabout
    Roundabout??? What a surprise..., never heard it.

I think Survival hasn't been played since the Big-Medley of 1979. So that is a bit of a treat. But the rest...really guys??? Well...I skip this tour.

The thing is, with all those full album tours, they kind of got all the "rarities" played on those tours so there's nothing from all those albums they did that would be of interest to those wanting to hear rarities. What's left in all honesty that will thrill and excite "us"?

So... how was Todd?

Quote Originally Posted by rushfan View Post
    You have been warned...
    So I batted slightly above .500 with my predictions.

I didn't think the song off the first album would be "Survival" cuz Alan had played at least part of that before. Perhaps his memory -- like his drumming chops -- is not what it once was.

I thought for sure it would be "I've Seen All Good People" off of The Yes Album because it was shown displayed on one of Steve's effects units during one of Billy's little FB videos.

I wasn't entirely sure about "Mood For A Day" except that Steve was bringing the Spanish acoustic along, but he obviously also needs it for "Leaves of Green".

I figured they'd take the more ballad-y song off of GFTO to offset the rockin' prog tunes. Wrong on that one.

And I'm pretty sure I've seen a promo saying they were doing songs off of every album up through Tormato and not including Drama.

It's a meh setlist for hard core Yes-heads, but for a casual crowd it's not bad. I'm eager to see a video of "Survival" and to see how Dylan is doing.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by progcd54 View Post
    I think Survival hasn't been played since the Big-Medley of 1979.
    There was only the tinest of fragments of "Survival" in there - just Jon singing the word "survival" inbetween sections from "The Ancient". Or am I misremembering ?
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Hmm... you guys saw the same show I did? I thought Yes knocked it out of the park tonight.. geez... Survival was my fantasy song and damn if they didn't play it.. Dylan Howe was channeling Bruford tonight... the only thing that was remotely borderline was Going for the One where Steve was playing conductor to keep the band in line.. he motioned several times.. "pick it up".. I'll have to say while there may or may not have been any "motives" from the band tonight.. they laid down the gauntlet for Jon and Co.
    Highlights for me were obviously Survival, Yours is No Disgrace (Steve was flawless with his solo and Geoff nailed all of his parts..) South Side was as good as I've ever heard the band play.. again Steve and Geoff were dead on.. as was Dylan.. And You and I was tremendous.. Jon could have used a bit more volume to his mike.. Steve drowned him out several times.. Leaves of Green was predictable as the selection from Tales.. but they pulled it off well.. Soon had it's moments but again it was predictable as the selection from Relayer.. (now watch them do To Be Over later on this tour haha), Don't Kill the Whale was very tight and Machine Messiah was done better than I've ever heard them do it.. And I gotta give Billy a nod.. he was a true gentleman this evening.. He wandered thru the crowd several times thru out the evening (during Carl and Todd's performances) I called out to him to say hello and he stopped and returned the gesture).. and being that he's the new kid that I've never seen perform live (not that this will surprise anyone) he is the ideal fit for the band at this stage for sure... Chris would be smiling after his performance tonight.. Really enjoyed what he did with the music..

IMG_1296.jpg

Good that they played Survival, but Leaves of Green and Soon were way too predictable.

Not played as the encore was cut short by bad weather, but on the planned set list were also "Madrigal" (the biggest surprise) and "Starship Trooper".

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    So... how was Todd?
    Mostly played the new album.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Not played as the encore was cut short by bad weather, but on the planned set list were also "Madrigal" (the biggest surprise) and "Starship Trooper".

Henry
    Wow. Madrigal would be exceptionally cool. Here's hoping it gets added and stays.

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    Thoughts after the show:
    Survival was probably the best surprise of the evening.
    Leaves of Green and Soon cheated the one song per album theme.
    South Side of the Sky and Machine Messiah were the best performances.
    Going For The One was somewhat of a train wreck. Probably will get better with more shows.

Brought a friend of mine with me - he did not know most of the songs but thought the band performed well as a unit.
    Was Alan White there? I sure am glad Dylan Howe filled in as a second drummer.

JD sounds better with each tour.
    As much as I have loved Steve’s playing over the years, his playing is starting to feel the effects of age. Some songs are still flawless - others are choppy.
    Last edited by rushfan; 08-05-2017 at 06:17 AM.

Jon Anderson sang a lyric or two from Survival in the big medley from 1979 but musically they were playing The Fish when he sang those words. That tune seriously has not been covered by anyone except the first line up
    Last edited by Sean; 08-05-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Very predictable setlist... but I like it, and am actually more interested in going now.

Particularly like the return of SSOTS and GFTO, and MM is always a treat (this lineup has Drama down). Soon instead of To Be Over is a lame move, however.

Nice to see Survival, YinD and SSotS in the list. G4t1 is a good choice too. Mega disappointed about Soon but what are you gonna do? The set overall should be enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Very predictable setlist... but I like it, and am actually more interested in going now.

Particularly like the return of SSOTS and GFTO, and MM is always a treat (this lineup has Drama down). Soon instead of To Be Over is a lame move, however.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see To be Over inserted as the tour develops.. Steve said they will most likely switch songs in and out as they go along..

Mostly played the new album.

Henry

The setlist I've seen shows only three songs from WHite Knight, though it's nearly all songs dione on his most recent tour. The one big Yes-friendly addition is (spoiler, scroll down...)

The Ikon, though I can't tell you how much of it was played.

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see To be Over inserted as the tour develops.. Steve said they will most likely switch songs in and out as they go along..
    All the more reason to check out the show then...

"Madrigal"? Seriously? It's not like Geoff doesn't have enough trouble already covering Wakeman, but that one is such a showcase for Wakey's style I find it hard to believe they would include it at the expense of many other songs that could have made the list instead. Perhaps Geoff and Steve were going to just do a snippet of it as a prelude to -- or part of -- something else.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    "Madrigal"? Seriously? It's not like Geoff doesn't have enough trouble already covering Wakeman, but that one is such a showcase for Wakey's style I find it hard to believe they would include it at the expense of many other songs that could have made the list instead. Perhaps Geoff and Steve were going to just do a snippet of it as a prelude to -- or part of -- something else.
    We'll see what they play this evening.

Henry

If anyone finds a clip of Survival please post it here