Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shadow Circus

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    But what IS going on with 10T records? Because of this thread I went to Shadow Circus' web site, and there I clicked on the link for the store, which I see is supposed to go to 10T's store, but the site seems to be defunct. Is that just basically it? 10T is defunct?
    I believe the latest news was that the label would re-release the Iluvatar-catalogue, but nothing happened after that.
    The only thing I hope for is that Jeff Hodges (label-boss) is working on a new album from his Man On Fire.
    https://www.facebook.com/10trecords/

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I believe the latest news was that the label would re-release the Iluvatar-catalogue, but nothing happened after that.
    The only thing I hope for is that Jeff Hodges (label-boss) is working on a new album from his Man On Fire.
    https://www.facebook.com/10trecords/
    Yeah, I forgot they were planning to reissue the Iluvatar catalog - that would be a good thing!

We (3RDegree's Ones & Zeros: vol. 1) were their last release. They haven't announced it-and I've asked them to so it doesn't look like they've "dropped" us-but they are no longer putting out anything.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    That's too bad. Do (did) you guys get the stock of your albums from them?

Yeah, it is kind of sad. It was fun while it lasted! Jeff and Steve are not only great professionals, but also good friends. I will be forever appreciative of them believing in and taking a chance on Farpoint.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    That's too bad. Do (did) you guys get the stock of your albums from them?
    Yes. Got a box back from the distributor and I have a few more drips & drabs coming soon. The pipeline takes a while to "clean out" but I can't complain and have become good friends with Steve despite having never met him in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    In total agreement about "Dark and Stormy Night". A great album. Any news on the band? Will there be another album? I hope so.
    I LOVE "Dark and Stormy Night" - its an album that I love to pull out and just enjoy the whole thing in one sitting. Really fantastic album.

And yes - they have a NEW album - called "From the Shadows"! They have taken a bit of a heavy turn, but still sounds pretty good imho. It is online only at the moment. They recently posted this:

The good news is, our new album is already our most-listened-to and most purchased album, and the CDs aren't even printed yet!
    The bad news is, it's our least-written-about! So much time has passed since our third album that the new generation of reviewers aren't familiar with us. And our sound has evolved to something heavier, so we're really starting from scratch in some ways. Help guide people who would love the new music by writing a review, and earn a free reviewer's digital download of the new album! Just post a link to your review here, and we'll send you a link and code to download your free copy.

This I think is the lead track from the album:

This might be my favorite track from it so far:

Thanks for posting this, Dan!

In the past, I've tried to remain invisible in any discussions about our music in the interest of not somehow tainting the honesty of the discussions in any way. However, unlike some major signed acts, I did start my journey into producing prog music on this forum and some others. Also, we don't have the kind of PR resources that bigger acts with bigger budgets have, which allows them to do things like put out interviews and press releases in advance to discuss things like the artistic choices involved in a change of direction, subject matter of the lyrics, and other details to help guide people who would appreciate those aspects, and somehow elevate the experience of listeners. So, I kind of feel like it's ok to offer a direct connection to listeners, but tell me if anyone disagrees.

One thing I'll throw out there is that with this album, I challenged myself to try not to cover up simplicity with production tricks...I've always composed more simply than the fusion and avant-garde guys. Sounds too simple? Add a couple of Mellotrons and Hammond fills and voila, it sounds prog! So my challenge was to create something compelling with guitars, bass, drums, and vocals. I do play keyboards, but rarely at the same time that guitars are going on, otherwise Moogs provoke a sense of foreboding throughout. So, at first glance, some might say, hey - this is simpler and maybe less proggy -- but if you listen closer, complexity is there, maybe even more so than anything we've ever recorded. Former Devin Townsend drummer Ryan Van Poederooyen is there along with former Pain of Salvation bassist Gustaf Hielm - they made sure they kicked our proverbial hindquarters throughout!

Those disclaimers aside, I'd be delighted to answer any questions anyone may have about this release. No need to wait for an interview to be published, just ask away!