Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Frankensnow!

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    OMG, that made me laugh hysterically! That really is what it feels like here. Too funny!

Bill

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    moose.jpg

Courtesy of Steve F, Boston is now at one and a half Moose' of snow for the winter.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    OMG, that made me laugh hysterically! That really is what it feels like here. Too funny!

Bill
    You can tell it's photoshopped because there's no snow on the roof of the Pru.
    Otherwise it's pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    moose.jpg

Courtesy of Steve F, Boston is now at one and a half Moose' of snow for the winter.
    Excellent unit of measurement. I like it.

Catore is so full of himself, a real Dick!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Excellent unit of measurement. I like it.

We could be in big trouble.

Last night on the local news, the station was sending out thier roving patrols to meet head-on the maelstrom of snow that was "barreling" towards us...all ONE FUCKING INCH OF IT! They were acting like the lead scouts heading towards an advancing Soviet Shock Army.

They actually came on the air with "Leesburg is seeing snowflakes! Leesburg is seeing snowflakes!"
    Un-fucking-believable around here with this fear of snow. My theory is that it comes from too many government employees hoping that if it does get cloudy they can get off work. Once they actually closed gubmint offices a day before a storm hit and it was nothing. And the schools get off a lot.

Welcome to Canada my Bostonian friends.

10993445_868171546582664_4374530462428996920_n.jpg

Welcome to Canada my Bostonian friends.
    Yeah, but we still have no poutine.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Yeah, but we still have no poutine.
    Consider yourself lucky.

DtB

PS

-30 here in Toronto today that's centigrade.

D

What? Poutine, when properly executed, is awesome! The problem is that it's seldom made right.

-30 fucking sucks! This cold weather snap has affected my asthma to the point that I now have a bronchial infection. Between that and the cold temps today, I called in sick. I'm home with the furnace cranked and feeling snug as bug.

I hope you're keeping warm, Dave.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    I'm feeling for you my Eastern Canadian brethren. We've had unseasonably warm temperatures here on the wet coast, with daytime highs from 7c to 12c for most of February. You'll get your turn to feel for us Westerners when we get hit with the big one!

-30 fucking sucks! This cold weather snap has affected my asthma to the point that I now have a bronchial infection. Between that and the cold temps today, I called in sick. I'm home with the furnace cranked and feeling snug as bug.
    I called in sick on Wed even though I was feeling perfectly fine, but didn't feel like making a 2 hour drive to my account

I hadn't taken a sick day in 30 years, I need to do this more often - hooky not hockey!

I did the same, snugged up and only got out of bed to walk my dogs

Some good stuff

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

What? Poutine, when properly executed, is awesome! The problem is that it's seldom made right.

I hope you're keeping warm, Dave.
    A 26'er of Vodka tonight, will if not keep me warm, at least make me not care :>)

DtB

Expecting winter's "last hurrah" over the next 24 hours Joisey's Gov. Christie has already declared a state of emergency due to the projected trace to 8+ inches coming.
    Folks in the Boston area are actually happy about the oncoming storm; they are only a few inches from their all-time snowiest winter and "we bettah gets tha record."
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Sorry folks......got a sunburn riding my Harley in the Seattle area last Sunday. And all the daffodils are out.........Thanks for taking the hit!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Folks in the Boston area are actually happy about the oncoming storm; they are only a few inches from their all-time snowiest winter and "we bettah gets tha record."
    I just spent about 4 or 5 hours on the roof trying to deal with ice dams.

I just spent about 4 or 5 hours on the roof trying to deal with ice dams.
    Me too , yesterday and the day before ,in the rain. Been in this house for 24 years and never had this in the southside of the house. 18" of solid ice in a roof valley caused a flood in my kitchen. Went at it with an axe. It will be in the 40's next week

I had a heated wire system installed on the north side of my roof because of constant ice damming. The best move I ever made. Now instead of climbing out the upstairs window and onto the roof to shovel snow 15 times a Winter, all I need to do is flick a switch. Highly recommended if anyone has issues with ice dams.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I had a heated wire system installed on the north side of my roof because of constant ice damming. The best move I ever made. Now instead of climbing out the upstairs window and onto the roof to shovel snow 15 times a Winter, all I need to do is flick a switch. Highly recommended if anyone has issues with ice dams.
    That's a really cool idea.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Ive got the wire on the west side of the house over the entry stoop. Works very well. This spring the gutters ,soffit in back will get an overhaul , and the wires are to be added for sure.

My neighbor across the street has that, yet had the same trouble that I have anyway.

My neighbor across the street has that, yet had the same trouble that I have anyway.

Installing the wires to best effect is crucial. Also it might be that in some situations nothing will do the trick especially in extreme conditions. Also theres a bunch of different options on the wires themselves with a wide range of costs. Maybe you get what you pay for.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    We get big ice dams pretty much every winter, but they've never done any harm fortunately.