Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Marillion - Brave 5-disc Steven Wilson remix box out soon

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I just asked Lucy Jordache for you since she takes question on FB most Fridays. Will let you know.
    Ask her what the next release is going to be.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    Ask her what the next release is going to be.
    She said it’s going to be ANOTHER reissue of Brave, since the album is so popular. That’s right, two in a row.

Actually, I THINK it's Clutching at Straws, but that didn't seem to be definite.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 02-05-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Including the Live 2013 performance and a new Jakko Jakszyk surround mix to contrast the Wilson?

I'm holding out for the mono mix on wax cylinder.

This is out today! Anyone heard it yet? How's it sounding?

Mine is arriving today. I will spend the evening with it and a bottle of wine and report back!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Am hoping mine arrives this afternoon, although I've a feeling it'll turn up tomorrow while I'm out...

Mine’s on its way from Racket. BTW, Steve Hogarth packed one (Blu-Ray/CD set I think) and signed and drew on the package, so maybe one of us will get that one if ordered from Racket.

Mine too, got an email yesterday sayin it shipped... decided to go for the vinyl box...look forward to diving in to this monster.

I got mine today, but so far I've only listened to the new stereo mix. Seems a little clearer, but will need to investigate further really. Seems like a very nicely put together package though.

Mine arrived about twenty minutes ago. Torn. Going straight back. Looks like I've have to wait another three or four days.

My copy is in hand, dinner in the oven, wine uncorked... blu-ray about to hit the screen. Kicking things off with the documentary... I'm all set for a fabulous Friday evening with my favourite Marillion album!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 4 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    My copy is in hand, dinner in the oven, wine uncorked... blu-ray about to hit the screen. Kicking things off with the documentary... I'm all set for a fabulous Friday evening with my favourite Marillion album!
    Damm - where's mine? Is there discrimination against Ottawa and the fat cats here? Joking, sort of, enjoy your evening!

Enjoy! 👍

Documentary was enjoyable, identical format to the Misplaced Childhood one, with the only difference being h instead of Fishy. Cool to hear some of the sound effects I never realized were there (even after hundreds of listens). Now it's time to immerse myself in the surround mix of my favourite Marillion album!

Now wash your hands....

Loud with the lights off I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Loud with the lights off I hope?
    Yep, as per their original 1994 instructions!

The surround mix is pretty exquisite IMO. I really loved that. Beautiful set, both thumbs skyward!

Old man of prog
    Listening to the 96/24 2 channel Hi Res right now!

Popped the live CDs in today. Man, every time I hear Slainte Mhath - especially from around this general time period - I wonder: why on earth are they playing it so fast?! In this particular case, Hogarth can barely get the words out!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Received my copy today, along with a Brave live concert on DVD from 2013. My god, how lushly produced is the box set for Brave? It painstaking detailed, very thoughtful design. Well worth the investment - and of course, the music is textured, majestic, emotive, powerful. I loved reading the story on the recording of the album too.

Not only Brave my favourite Marillion album, it's also one of my top 10 or 20 albums, EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Received my copy today, along with a Brave live concert on DVD from 2013. My god, how lushly produced is the box set for Brave? It painstaking detailed, very thoughtful design. Well worth the investment - and of course, the music is textured, majestic, emotive, powerful. I loved reading the story on the recording of the album too.
    Yes, these book-style sets are fantastic IMO. The Tull series has proven to be an absolute treasure, and they are beautiful to boot! As for the live Brave from 2013, I remember seeing that show in Montreal and it was absolutely mind-blowing. One of the best concert experiences of my life, and like many people here, I've seen a ton of concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Not only Brave my favourite Marillion album, it's also one of my top 10 or 20 albums, EVER!
    Right there with ya on this one too!

For those of you in the US still waiting, I just got mine today from Racket Records here in New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    For those of you in the US still waiting, I just got mine today from Racket Records here in New Jersey.
    Thanks, I feel like mine has got to come today!

Got mine a couple of days ago. Just starting to listen...underwhelmed by SW stereo mix (clearly subjective, but I disagree with quite a few of the changes he made), but the live discs sound great. Hopefully will enjoy the surround mix this weekend.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Popped the live CDs in today. Man, every time I hear Slainte Mhath - especially from around this general time period - I wonder: why on earth are they playing it so fast?! In this particular case, Hogarth can barely get the words out!
    I always felt like they dropped a beat? Like, they changed the meter? Either way, I hate the way they do it with Hogarth.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally