Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2384

Thread: MLB 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I would not be surprised if Machado stays with the Dodgers, however they'd have to do some maneuvering considering Corey Seager is their franchise shortstop.
    Plus, their payroll is already astronomical.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

We might know something soon re Machado possibly staying with LA. Kershaw has a very short window, ie a few days, to notify them as to whether he opts out of his contract. If he does, that gives LA more $$ to pay Machado. Of course, Kershaw could decide to stay and get that $35 mil a year for 2 more years and LA could still pay Machado.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Kershaw would be absolutely nuts to opt-out.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I guess we can start calling him David "Postseason" Price
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Kershaw would be absolutely nuts to opt-out.
    My guess is he wants to stay in LA due to the unfinished business and for his legacy as a Dodger. I bet he works out a deal where he restructures these 2 costly years and takes less $ per year but gets LA to add a few more years thru age 35 or so. I don't see another team going crazy due to the injury history and loss of velocity.

What a perfect Sox season. One of the all time great teams.

A must read article by Tom Verducci for Sox fans.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/10/30/bo...s-title-game-5

---Cora after the 18 inning game 3 loss---

“Listen up!” he said. Players were still mostly in their soiled, heavy uniforms. Some peeled off sweatshirts or tape from their wrists. Some sat at their lockers.

“We just played one of the greatest games in World Series history. Red Sox ... Dodgers ... Dodger Stadium ... World Series ... And the way you competed is something all of us should be very proud of. This is a great team. This was a great game. And you guys proved it tonight. And Nathan ...”

Cora then singled out Eovaldi, praising him for his effort and unselfishness. When Cora was done, the room burst into a standing ovation.

“There were tears,” Holt says. Porcello was one of those crying.

And then one by one, every player, coach and staff member lined up to take turns hugging Eovaldi—and not one of those quick, “Good game, bro” hugs.

RIP Willie McCovey.

Yankees re-signed Brett Gardner who just came off of a terrible season. They declined his option, paid a $2million buy-out and re-signed him for less money. I would have preferred they simply parted ways. But, perhaps this is a sign that they might FINALLY DFA Jacoby Ellsbury, who still has two years left on his albatross contract and missed all of last season with EIGHT(!!) ailments.

Yankees re-signed Brett Gardner who just came off of a terrible season. They declined his option, paid a $2million buy-out and re-signed him for less money. I would have preferred they simply parted ways. But, perhaps this is a sign that they might FINALLY DFA Jacoby Ellsbury, who still has two years left on his albatross contract and missed all of last season with EIGHT(!!) ailments.
    I was a little surprised by that move myself.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I was a little surprised by that move myself.
    I think part of it is because they really don't know what to expect with Clint Frazier and his concussion issues. I'm pretty sure Gardner knows enough that he'll be competing for a starting position.

C.C. gets 1yr 8million to return to the Yankees. This was a prudent move given the competition for starting pitching this offseason.

C.C. gets 1yr 8million to return to the Yankees. This was a prudent move given the competition for starting pitching this offseason.
    I expected them to do this. He wants to retire as a Yankee. They wanted him back. If his knee can hold up ...

I expected them to do this. He wants to retire as a Yankee. They wanted him back. If his knee can hold up ...
    Ahh, yes. It seems he intends to retire after this season.

New York acquired standout left-hander James Paxton from the Mariners on Monday evening for three players, including top-rated southpaw Justus Sheffield. Right-hander Erik Swanson and outfielder Dom Thompson-Williams are also going to Seattle.

Big move for NY and hopefully, one more to come, and not named Machado.

Braves sign McCann to platoon with Flowers (lefty/righty). I guess that puts them out of the Realmuto sweeps. Rather glad for that.

They also sign Donaldson for a year. Another good deal. If he’s healthy, he’s going to provide some nice protection for Freeman. Really like this move, too.

Hopefully the Braves will use some of their prospects to land a top tier starter.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Apparently, the Mariners are shopping Robinson Cano. They actually approached the Yankees about a swap for, get this, Jacoby Ellsbury, but the Yankees wisely asked them to throw in some cash. Cano is still owed $120 million (four years??), while Ellsbury is owed about $45 millions over two years.

Looks like the Mets and Seattle are close to finalizing a deal that would send Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz to NY in a seven-player deal.

Anyone need defensive outfield help? Reds released Billy Hamilton today. If you can tolerate his anemic batting average, the kid is amazing in the field.
    Plus, that lightning speed when he does get on base.

You really know how to sell it, Lou.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Maybe pushing for a designated fielder rule?

It's a gift!

So the Mets get Robby Cano, and the Phillies are working on getting Jean Segura (for J.P. Crawford and hopefully Carlos Santana).

The teardown in Seattle is happening quickly.

So the Mets get Robby Cano, and the Phillies are working on getting Jean Segura (for J.P. Crawford and hopefully Carlos Santana).

The teardown in Seattle is happening quickly.
    Made my day. Aren't your Phillies going after one or two more big ones?

Phillie fan has had enough of Santana already?