Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Progarchives

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    That comparison doesn't even make sense in relation to this point.

You said you don't go to music forums to debate politics, but then referenced a sub-forum clearly titled 'Topics not related to music'. And my point (that you selectively overlooked) is that there are far more threads on their main music forums that you could participate in, without ever having to feel 'attacked' by threads such as the one you cherrypicked.
    "cherry picked"? it was in plain sight. I don't hunt for these things.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

There are so many very easy jokes I could make about this latest thread of discussion but I digress.

I enjoy reading PA though, it was instrumental for me getting into Prog over the last 3-4 years. I do agree that having the subgenre assigned by artist instead of by album is odd and creates contradictions when bands change their style. I wonder, however, what would happen to the '80s pop-era albums of our favorite '70s classics if this were the case; would PA have to invent a "non-prog" for these, or leave them off the site entirely? It doesn't matter since they can't change from artist to album due to the way the database was made.

As for the site's design, I hope it never changes. Modern web design is so bleh, I miss the garish colors and small text and funny little icons that were on the internet of my childhood, but I realize I'm in the minority who prefers computers over phones for reading online. I wouldn't mind if they made the site more functional or secure, just don't make it sleek and minimalist please, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Snikle View Post
    There are so many very easy jokes I could make about this latest thread of discussion but I digress.

I enjoy reading PA though, it was instrumental for me getting into Prog over the last 3-4 years. I do agree that having the subgenre assigned by artist instead of by album is odd and creates contradictions when bands change their style. I wonder, however, what would happen to the '80s pop-era albums of our favorite '70s classics if this were the case; would PA have to invent a "non-prog" for these, or leave them off the site entirely? It doesn't matter since they can't change from artist to album due to the way the database was made.

As for the site's design, I hope it never changes. Modern web design is so bleh, I miss the garish colors and small text and funny little icons that were on the internet of my childhood, but I realize I'm in the minority who prefers computers over phones for reading online. I wouldn't mind if they made the site more functional or secure, just don't make it sleek and minimalist please, thanks.
    Well, I have to admit, I prefer my desktop computer for internet over my tablet. Don't have a smartphone. Computers rule for me. Easy to handle, quick and no touch-screen that doesn't do what I want. Just like I prefer a seperate camera over the camera in my tablet with no real button to press. With my normal digital cameras I feel it when I press the shutter-button.

but I realize I'm in the minority who prefers computers over phones for reading online.
    We're THAT rare???? Fuck!
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter

Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    We're THAT rare???? Fuck!

I find it a pain to surf on the web via a smartphone, so I avoid it.

Whatever I do on the web can wait until I get back home.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Ok

Hahaha, PA literally just came back at some point between me taking that screenshot and hitting Submit Post in this thread! xD
    Last edited by Czyszy; 02-24-2024 at 12:57 AM. Reason: nevermind!
    NG ~ BC ~ PA
    “Pointing out the problem doesn't make it go away!” —Mr. Enter